Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 10:47 AM

491 posts, read 402,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaylahc View Post
I'm the opposite, I love mixing all my foods together. It's like a symphony in my mouth!
Lol I had an ex-BF a long time ago who did this. No matter what I made for breakfast/ lunch/ dinner, he would mix it all together and throw it in a tortilla and make a burrito out of it. Fine with me. I think he bought me one of those plates with little dividers that keeps everything separate, as a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2015, 11:01 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetelle View Post
Lol I had an ex-BF a long time ago who did this. No matter what I made for breakfast/ lunch/ dinner, he would mix it all together and throw it in a tortilla and make a burrito out of it. Fine with me. I think he bought me one of those plates with little dividers that keeps everything separate, as a joke.
My wife does that all the time too. I could cook rocks, and as long as it's in a tortilla she'll eat it. She says it's because she's a good AND bad Mexican. She's a good Mexican because she loves Mexican food, and she's a bad one because she can't speak Spanish and she doesn't like hot spicy food. I separate my foods too. I eat one dish, then the other, and the other. It's a habit rather than a preference. As for the answer to OP's question, I don't like the texture of squishy, slimy foods. Just seeing dumplings of any sort turns my stomach. My stepmother really loved making boiled eggplant. I'm convinced she cooked that dish all the time just because of the pure sadistic glee she got watching me gag as I attempted to swallow it

Old 07-17-2015, 11:09 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,642,353 times
boba is like drinking eyeballs to me; although I love raw oysters. For the last year, I've gone off scrambled eggs and that used to be my favorite breakfast food. Like someone else said, I also hate waxy food. I still love mushrooms but ever since I had slimy, slithering, entrail-type mushrooms as a hamburger topping, I will never eat them on a burger again.

Old 07-17-2015, 11:10 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,642,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
hahahah I actually like liver and onions in gravy.. I prefer it to steak, in fact I cant stand getting fatty bits in steak... but my boaky food has to be the whites of eggs, I hardly eat eggs at all.. and only a boiled egg yolk if boiled for 20 mins, I couldnt think of eating a fried egg ever.... my mum used to eat tripe... and the look and smell of the horrid stuff makes me sick.. another thing she loved was Potted Head.. or Hough...Potted Hough Meat Recipe and Ingredients disgusting Scots food.... anything in jelly is horrible to me..any foods with grizzle in them... or slabbery slimy foods... cant think of putting any shellfish in my mouth. and couldnt eat octupus or squid...or eel... I would live on cheese. tinned tuna, beans and tottie scones, Potato Scones Recipe
You reminded me, I hate jellied foods as well.

Old 07-17-2015, 02:42 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,825,998 times
I had forgotten overcooked food like calamari or steak or eel. Omigosh the rubbery texture that doesn't "give" into my chewing it over and over and over...bleargh. I might as well go back to my childhood habit of gnawing on the eraser on my pencils.

Those three things and others are something I refuse to order unless I know they know how to cook it properly.

Old 07-17-2015, 02:47 PM

19 posts, read 27,545 times
I'm not fond of very dry, crumbly food. Really dry crackers, overcooked chicken breast, pasta with no sauce . . .

Old 07-17-2015, 03:38 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,767,554 times
runny eggs

mealy peaches

Old 07-17-2015, 05:26 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,235,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
I had forgotten overcooked food like calamari or steak or eel. Omigosh the rubbery texture that doesn't "give" into my chewing it over and over and over...bleargh. I might as well go back to my childhood habit of gnawing on the eraser on my pencils.

Those three things and others are something I refuse to order unless I know they know how to cook it properly.
I've tried calamari a few times and it was always rubbery, with the exception of one time; it was actually really good, so much so that I didn't believe it was actually calamari.

Old 07-17-2015, 06:42 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,233,374 times
mealy peaches
gritty canned spinach (my mother only ever served vegetables out of a can)
any meat (ugh)
mushy overcooked veggies like eggplant or stewed tomatoes

Old 07-17-2015, 08:22 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,880,136 times
I can't stand moist meat. That sounds nuts because most people prefer moist, juicy chicken and turkey etc. I like gravy on dryer meat instead. I have to eat steak medium well at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink