Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2017, 05:50 AM

4,694 posts, read 3,476,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
You found a house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Maybe you posted and I missed it.) I just moved 2.5 hours away from my previous home. It's a horrid amount of work, even if you're moving around the corner from your previous home, but you'll be so glad to settle in and you'll love your new space. You'll (almost) forget all the times during the move when you muttered (or screamed) "I'm never moving again."

Congratulations!!!! I'm thrilled for you. Same town or different one?
Thanks! I hear you on moving. It is the worst! I hope you are settling in at the new place and not missing Montreal too much.

We finally did get a house but it took us losing three bidding wars. Not fun! We were living out in the country and I hated it!
We ended up buying in Worcester, right off of Tatnuck Square. We just keep creeping further west.
Anywho thanks!!

Old 06-21-2017, 06:10 AM

126,283 posts, read 19,057,756 times
Happy summer everyone

magicshark congratulations on your new house

This week has been much cooler but enough sunshine during the day and rain in the nights.

Thinking to make a big pot of Chili with homemade cumin naan,homemade plain yogurt and lassi to drink. For dessert everyone can indulge in dark red juicy cherries or mangoes. Just love the cherry and mango season.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:14 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,044,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
Thanks! I hear you on moving. It is the worst! I hope you are settling in at the new place and not missing Montreal too much.

We finally did get a house but it took us losing three bidding wars. Not fun! We were living out in the country and I hated it!
We ended up buying in Worcester, right off of Tatnuck Square. We just keep creeping further west.
Anywho thanks!!
I'm loving my new home, thanks! The water in my kitchen has been disconnected since Friday because I was getting my counter changed, but that's done and my plumber is coming today to reconnect and put in my new faucet too. I'll be able to cook again! And CLEAN!

I used to live at 27 Valley Hill Drive, right off of Salisbury. I loved that house -- it was, by far, my favorite house that I owned.

You chose a great area -- so many good restaurants! I'm remembering a pizza that I had at Corner Grille on Pleasant St. now... *drool*

Enjoy everything about your new home. I know that you will.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:18 AM

50,379 posts, read 64,021,617 times
Quote:

Anywho thanks!!
Oh, I miss Worcester. I remember when Dawn lived there. I lived at 2 Homer St, across from the WPI field.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:27 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,044,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Oh, I miss Worcester. I remember when Dawn lived there. I lived at 2 Homer St, across from the WPI field.
Such a small world, isn't it? The three of us all having lived there but finding each other HERE.

Old 06-21-2017, 07:09 AM

50,379 posts, read 64,021,617 times
So true, Dawn.

Anyway, for dinner I'm making veal Parmesan. I got veal cube steaks at the store yesterday, so I'll just bread them, fry them and dump some jar sauce and cheese over. Expecting company tomorrow night for the weekend, so trying to keep the kitchen mess minimal.

Old 06-21-2017, 07:41 AM

23,548 posts, read 24,049,201 times
Spaghetti and meatballs, with salad, bread and ice cream for dessert.

Old 06-21-2017, 08:11 AM

24,124 posts, read 32,491,384 times
Quote:

Anywho thanks!!
Congratulations! I hope you are happy in your new home!

I have a soft spot in my heart for Worcester, having attended Clark University. Wonderful and diverse restaurants, some beautiful areas, and centrally located between the Pioneer Valley and the Berkshires to the west, and Boston and the Cape to the east. I am in love with your art museum, as well!

As a student, my friends and I moved off campus junior year, my friends and I rented a spacious vintage three decker apartment on Maywood St.

Since I've attended, they've really made some improvements in the Main South area. While recently visiting Worcester, we ate at a delicious little Vietnamese restaurant on South Main. I highly recommend it.

Wishing you much happiness.

Old 06-21-2017, 12:46 PM

4,694 posts, read 3,476,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Such a small world, isn't it? The three of us all having lived there but finding each other HERE.
Plus Sheena going to school there. I do find it odd. It's just a mid sized city that tends to get overlooked. Worcester does have a crazy good restaurant scene for a city its size.

Thanks everyone for the congrats. I appreciate it. I love the new house and can't wait to be in it!

Old 06-21-2017, 03:18 PM

43,674 posts, read 44,416,401 times
A vanilla blended nonfat Greek yogurt, 2 toasted slices of high fiber/protein bread with healthy-style margarine & guava jelly and a large mug organic black tea with a teaspoon of sugar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink