Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 01:40 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,857,902 times

Advertisements

How about all the different types of frozen pizza available? Our grocery store has a separate freezer section now for Detroit style, Milwaukee style, Montreal pizza and St. Louis Pizza. This is in addition to the large section of Chicago style pizza, which is, of course, the only frozen pizza that is worth buying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 04:37 AM

1,934 posts, read 1,084,136 times
Making sweet and sour soup for the first time, we picked up a package of dried tree ear mushrooms and one of dried lily buds at one the Chinese markets. Both are new to us. I really wish these markets had some employees that spoke English, there are so many things we would like to try.

Old 09-01-2018, 07:48 AM

12,847 posts, read 9,060,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprez33 View Post
Like you, I much prefer the chicken legs to the white meat breasts. In the US, white meat is advertised as the best. My wife is from Asia and the dark meat is much preferred there; they (correctly) think the white meat is dry and bland. Now I only buy thighs/legs for all my dishes. A nice bonus is that thighs are much cheaper due to the hyping of the breast meat.
For me, that's why I prefer the breasts. I find the dark meat to be too greasy tasting for me. It's not due to some diet I'm on either. Been that way since I was a kid; even then I couldn't stand the taste of dark meat for all the grease in it.

Now to the OP question. Something not new to me but new to my wife is Pickapeppa sauce. Got her to try some this week and she liked it.

Old 09-01-2018, 12:15 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboa View Post
Making sweet and sour soup for the first time, we picked up a package of dried tree ear mushrooms and one of dried lily buds at one the Chinese markets. Both are new to us. I really wish these markets had some employees that spoke English, there are so many things we would like to try.
Even the cashiers don’t? They do at the Chinatowns here.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:10 PM

16,076 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Smoked salt is my most recent discovery. Walmart sells it in a grinder, in applewood, mesquite or hickory flavors. I can't use liquid smoke flavoring anymore, or grill food outdoors (my asthma has gotten too bad to be around any kind of smoke), and smoked salt seems to be a great way to get that smoke flavor into food.
I just saw those on clearance at our walmart, I wondered if they were any good. I don't eat a lot of meat so I took a pass, but I was intrigued.
Duck
Lamb
Za'atar
Ponzu
Korean Rice Cakes
Black Garlic
Piri Piri

And Kroger has come out with a new line of artisan pizza that I just had to try because of the unusual flavor combos: French goat cheese and plum marmalade with marinated vegetables, Five cheese with marmalade, grilled mushroom and truffle oil, and a cuban style with a hint of mustard. Definitely different than the usual pizza!

Old 09-02-2018, 08:48 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,130,928 times
A pre made meal kit from the grocery, the usual price was 18.00 but it was marked down to 9.00. A Vietnamese stir fry dish, it had all the pre chopped meat, veggies, cooked rice and seasoning like chopped lemongrass, chilies and garlic. It was good, simple to put together and someone else did all the chopping and slicing! I’d buy again.

Old 09-03-2018, 04:31 AM

1,934 posts, read 1,084,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Even the cashiers don’t? They do at the Chinatowns here.
Nope, only enough to be able to check people out. We had to find Gochugaru on our own which is an easy one. We've even tried showing them pictures of packages with no luck.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:14 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,857,902 times
Jackfruit. Very versatile, delicious, and nutritionally dense.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:49 AM

8,770 posts, read 5,059,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
A pre made meal kit from the grocery, the usual price was 18.00 but it was marked down to 9.00. A Vietnamese stir fry dish, it had all the pre chopped meat, veggies, cooked rice and seasoning like chopped lemongrass, chilies and garlic. It was good, simple to put together and someone else did all the chopping and slicing! I’d buy again.
But would you buy it at full price?

Old 09-03-2018, 09:42 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,432,613 times
Arla cream cheese. Best cream cheese I have tasted. It's from Denmark and has no Guar gum, xanthan gum ect.. just milk and cheese cultures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink