Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2012, 02:42 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Now how in the heck am I suppose to drop the holiday weight with all this happening.
Ship the stuff to Fontana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 09:46 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Ship the stuff to Fontana.
YES!!! I could do that. When they last long enough to make it to the P.O.

Oh here is a pic of a "cookie facial" as my kids call it.

What's a cookie facial you ask? It's when you have just taken the cookie sheet out if the oven and they are steaming magical cookie regenerative goodness into the air. Stick your fat head over the sheet and voila!

COOKIE FACIAL

Who in the hell needs Regenerist.

Last edited by Bulldogdad; 03-09-2012 at 08:49 AM..

Old 02-13-2012, 11:39 PM

393 posts, read 1,115,162 times
Default I've Been On A Cooking Kick

I've been on a cooking kick since about last October. I just want to try new food all the sudden.

It began with the urge to make Hawaiian food, especially haupia, for my church dinner. Then, I made chocolate haupia cream pie, mint chocolate haupia cream pie and coffee chocolate cream pie. I also tried making Kahlua pig a few times, even down to buying banana leaves (though, the City probably would take a dim view of my digging a hole in the back yard and keeping a fire burning in it).

I made apple pie, oatmeal raisin cookies, allergen-free pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, coconut sorbet, strawberry cheesecake, mixed berry cobbler, real whipped cream, green chili enchiladas, green chili stew, spicy Texan-style chili, Southwestern cheesecake, avocado cheesecake, avocado-lime cheesecake, roasted turkey, sweet potato casserole, string beans with sauteed onions and almonds, blueberry muffins (home-grown blueberries), buttermilk cornbread, polenta, Italian mushroom risotto, pomegranate gelato, chicken cacciatore, Sicilian ricotta cheesecake, candied ginger root, Ambrosia fruit salad and pecan pie. This last weekend, I made lasagna.

I've had quite a time, and discovered a lot of new things. I can't say that I'm all that good a cook, but I didn't have too much trouble eating what I made.

I still want to try making some cheese ice cream (I have 2 or 3 recipes I want to try) and revisit some of the most popular recipes I made. I'd like to try more cheesecakes.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:31 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Cheese ice cream? What sort of cheese? I haven't made ice cream in years.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:13 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,685,123 times
Mmmmm cheese icecream... yummy!

I love cooking kick.
I love multi-cultural cooking & the exposure of it (makes dinnertime / meal planning much less boring).
I love food... all kinds/type of food for my palate, even the "Andrew Zimmern" (he the real foodie) kind.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Cheese ice cream? What sort of cheese? I haven't made ice cream in years.
I actually thought about what cheese would be most likely to make a good ice cream. I had been reading recipes about adding alcohol to ice cream, and one blogger said to be careful, "or you'll end up with cheese in your ice cream. Yuck!" I thought, Would cheese really be such a bad thing? I thought that maybe a strong-flavored cheese would work. Sharp cheddar cheese seemed the most likely candidate. But, then I thought, surely someone else has already done this experiment?

Sure enough, they have. And, most of the recipes I found are for cheddar cheese ice cream. It turns out that it is popular in the Philippines, where they love cheese. But, the recipe I saw first is from Wisconsin.

Wisconsin Aged Cheddar Cheese Ice Cream Recipe - CooksRecipes.com

Cheddar Cheese Ice Cream Recipe | Tillamook Loaf Life Blog (http://www.tillamook.com/community/loaflifeblog/2011/06/28/cheddar-cheese-ice-cream-recipe/ - broken link)

The one I want to try first, though, is this one using cheddar cheese with Fuji apples:

Emily Malloy's Cleanliness is Next to Godliness: Cabot Cheese Dessert Challenge: Apple and Cheddar Ice Cream

Epicurious has a recipe using goat cheese and cherries:

Goat Cheese Ice Cream with Roasted Red Cherries Recipe at Epicurious.com

Another variation:

Jeni’s Goat Cheese Ice Cream with Roasted Red Cherries | Ezra Pound Cake

I saw another recipe using cream cheese, but I did not save the link. I might try that after I give these others a shot.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyeats View Post
Mmmmm cheese icecream... yummy!

I love cooking kick.
I love multi-cultural cooking & the exposure of it (makes dinnertime / meal planning much less boring).
I love food... all kinds/type of food for my palate, even the "Andrew Zimmern" (he the real foodie) kind.
It's a lot of fun exploring different types of food, rather than sticking with the same old thing every day or dumping a bag or can or box of prepared stuff for heating.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:48 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,889,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooua View Post
I actually thought about what cheese would be most likely to make a good ice cream. I had been reading recipes about adding alcohol to ice cream, and one blogger said to be careful, "or you'll end up with cheese in your ice cream. Yuck!" I thought, Would cheese really be such a bad thing? I thought that maybe a strong-flavored cheese would work. Sharp cheddar cheese seemed the most likely candidate. But, then I thought, surely someone else has already done this experiment?

Sure enough, they have. And, most of the recipes I found are for cheddar cheese ice cream. It turns out that it is popular in the Philippines, where they love cheese. But, the recipe I saw first is from Wisconsin.

Wisconsin Aged Cheddar Cheese Ice Cream Recipe - CooksRecipes.com
And where ELSE would you expect to find a recipe using cheese AND ice cream???

Old 02-14-2012, 04:18 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
This sounds good

Green Tomato Marbled Goat Cheese Ice Cream | The Frozen Fix: Ice cream, sorbet, and frozen yogurt for the culinary adventurist

Old 02-14-2012, 04:54 PM

It looks interesting, anyway. I haven't been satisfied with my green tomato efforts. Perhaps this would be different?

What's a good green tomato recipe supposed to taste like, anyway?

I wonder if tomatillos would work? How does the taste of tomatillos compare to green tomatoes, or are they the same thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink