Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2009, 08:33 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Just talked with the wife and guess I'm on the hook to bring a rotisserie chicken and some sides....I think they will be mashed potatoes (they cook) and some store bought coleslaw....
Sounds like my kind of meal! I love rotisserie chicken!
Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
This evening, another high school friend, of my kids, is having a cook out, and has went out of his way, to personnally stop by our house & extend an invitation, to Mr & Mrs. Debey.....their menu includes jalepeno brats, potato salad & "pot luck"....I asked what I could bring, and with a sheepish lok on his face, "fred" said.....a propane tank, for the grill? LOL! How easy, is that!
I am looking forward to this evening, having asked who else was on the guest list & Fred got twinkle in his eyes & said "a bunch of us, that call you "Mom!"~~this group of "kids", go out of their way, to include us, for every holiday.........
Early Monday morning, i have a "date", with a WWII Vet, @ our cemetary, to place the flags, on the graves of our Vets.
Wonderful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Grilled smoked turkey, muenster, and roasted red pepper sandwich tonight along with a large bowl of chocolate-marshmallow ice cream I'll just chalk up to holiday excess
chocolate marshmallow ice cream?? <sigh>
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post
Hi foodies! I'm late today because DH and I did tons of yard work...AGAIN! Anyhoo, we had leftover pizza and I made Sangria. If you're interested in the Sangria recipe, let me know. It is from a Spanish restaurant we know.

Have a great evening!
Yes please - would love the recipe!

Tonight we had filet migon that DH cooked to perfection on the grill (he really outdid himself!), baked potatoes with sour cream and chives, and a nice tossed salad. As my Daddy would say, "Wonder what the po folks is doin tonight!"

A friend of mine let me know she hydroplaned and ended up in the woods wedged between two trees - totaling her car. She only had minor injuries - thank goodness! Please dear friends, drive safely over this holiday weekend!

Old 05-24-2009, 04:48 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Good Sunday morning all. Wow this thread was waaayyyy down the bottom not much action last night.

A-1 cheeseburgers were very good.

LOL-thought you'd get it faster NMS!!!!

Thinking chicken quesidillas, refried beans, salad.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:26 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,869,300 times
Chatterbox has been up since about 3:30 with a stomach bug.... so you can only guess who else has been up.... Yours Truely... It's ok. I feel so badly for her- she is so sick and finally dozed off as Diva wandered down for breakfast. Been watching Disney and trying to sooth her.... poor thing. Diva is now trying to just STAY AWAY.... Smart Kid!

There is another family party today (the third one this weekend!!!) Don't know if hubby will take Diva or not... obviously Chatterbox and I are staying here. If they go we will get plates sent home of Italian foods from the party.... otherwise... who knows.....I think we will play it by ear. Something tells me I am gonna be one tired Mamma... hubby went back to bed- figured one of us needed to deal with Diva on a level head! LOL.... better him than me. I will just take on Chatterbox today.... just take a break to get to church.... if I can stay awake....

Ok... have a good day.... cross your fingers I don't catch this!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-24-2009, 06:04 AM

Poor Chatterbox and SKBS-hope she feels better-could it have been party over-load?

Old 05-24-2009, 06:10 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,869,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Poor Chatterbox and SKBS-hope she feels better-could it have been party over-load?
I don't know. She had a tummy ache Friday Morning and it has been bothering her since then. I thought Friday she was just excited because it was her birthday. Besides that she was happy go lucky all day Friday and in a fabulous mood.... But when she had it yesterday I knew we were in trouble. She barely ate except the pasta at the bridal shower yesterday... but at the shower it got bad and we ended up leaving early... Now this.... I am actually glad she got "sick" after all the crying and belly aching. Maybe this will all be over soon.... fingers crossed.....

OH with all craziness she did manage the cutest comment.... She kept saying she didn't understand HOW on earth Weddings could take SHOWERS!!! haha isn't that cute?

Old 05-24-2009, 06:29 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post
Hi foodies! I'm late today because DH and I did tons of yard work...AGAIN! Anyhoo, we had leftover pizza and I made Sangria. If you're interested in the Sangria recipe, let me know. It is from a Spanish restaurant we know.

Have a great evening!
Sure, I'd love to have it! I even like bottled Sangria. Of course, I add some of my own fruit to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Sounds like my kind of meal! I love rotisserie chicken!

Wonderful!

chocolate marshmallow ice cream?? <sigh>

Yes please - would love the recipe!

Tonight we had filet migon that DH cooked to perfection on the grill (he really outdid himself!), baked potatoes with sour cream and chives, and a nice tossed salad. As my Daddy would say, "Wonder what the po folks is doin tonight!"

A friend of mine let me know she hydroplaned and ended up in the woods wedged between two trees - totaling her car. She only had minor injuries - thank goodness! Please dear friends, drive safely over this holiday weekend!
Oh, that filet sounds great, Kats. I'm leaving for Publix soon. I may have to look that up! Just for research purposes, of course.

Quote:
Good Sunday morning all. Wow this thread was waaayyyy down the bottom not much action last night.

A-1 cheeseburgers were very good.

LOL-thought you'd get it faster NMS!!!!

Well, Lacey, sometimes the brain attrophies (sp) a bit. When DH went north, I bought some tortillas. I think I've out-quessidilla'd myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Chatterbox has been up since about 3:30 with a stomach bug.... so you can only guess who else has been up.... Yours Truely... It's ok. I feel so badly for her- she is so sick and finally dozed off as Diva wandered down for breakfast. Been watching Disney and trying to sooth her.... poor thing. Diva is now trying to just STAY AWAY.... Smart Kid!

There is another family party today (the third one this weekend!!!) Don't know if hubby will take Diva or not... obviously Chatterbox and I are staying here. If they go we will get plates sent home of Italian foods from the party.... otherwise... who knows.....I think we will play it by ear. Something tells me I am gonna be one tired Mamma... hubby went back to bed- figured one of us needed to deal with Diva on a level head! LOL.... better him than me. I will just take on Chatterbox today.... just take a break to get to church.... if I can stay awake....

Ok... have a good day.... cross your fingers I don't catch this!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
I hope Chatter feels better, skbs. It's got to be tuff when the kids are sick. Sorry you're missing the party, but the leftovers sound pretty good anyway!

Not sure what's for dinner. As I mentioned, I'm heading to Publix soon - when the laundry's finished. Maybe something will jump out at me. I've gained back a couple of pounds since DH has been gone. Not good.

Safe day, all.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:42 AM

SKBS-they say the cutest things. Our youngest was telling me she went our to dinner with her other g-parents the other night and the restaurant was soooo fancy that they served the water in green bottles!!!!

NMS you'll drop those when DH gets back.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:12 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Quote:
Oh that sounds great. What time should I be there,lol?

skbs- Take it easy. I hope chatterbox feels better and you don't catch it.

Hi all. Tonight will be cheeseburgers on the grill with all the fixin's and oven fried onion rings. Yum, can't wait for dinner.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:24 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,969,763 times
Good morning!

Since we plan on planting some more plants today and doing some more yard work...hopefully, before any rain starts, DH says, "You're not cooking tonight." Yeah! I think he wants to try out a fairly new diner, where we go to have breakfast some Saturdays.

HIGHLANDS...I can't rep you.

As per request Sangria

Pitcher of ice, a little more than half
2 oz. Anisette
2 oz. Christian Brothers Brandy (I didn't use that brand)
2 oz. Triples Sec
8 oz. Sunny Delight
8 oz. Seven Up
1 TSP. sugar

Top off with Burgundy wine
Stir
Add sliced fruit.

I've had many Sangrias from so many Spanish restaurants and this one is not too strong or sweet.

Enjoy!

Old 05-24-2009, 09:10 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,594,189 times
Greetings all - sounds like some tasty meals be happenin round these parts

Last night my cousins grilled steaks for us and also had...savory rice salad, hot pepper sauce for the steaks, amazing fruit salad, fabulous crusty bread, and decadent chocolate mousse. Best of all - excellent conversation all night long

Heading to mommy's today - she's making flank steak and baked yams for dinner. Love yams nekkid!

Stay safe and have a good couple of days everyone - I'll be back to terrorize you all tomorrow sometime
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink