Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2009, 01:10 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times

Advertisements

Congrats on the gift cards to everyone!!! That is awesome! So exciting for our Fellow Foodies!

Good news- Chatterbox made it all afternoon at school (well- her 2.5 hours)- that is HUGE since she didn't go all of last week and this past Monday! Hopefully it is a sign things are going well??? fingers crossed.

Wegmans is doing this great new promo I think I will be taking full advantage of on my busy Karate/Brownie/Dance... you get the hint...Days. It is in the Prepared Foods Aisle and you get a maine entre and two sides to reheat at home for either $6 or $10 depending on the main dish. I got hubby Chicken French for dinner with Cauliflower with some cheese stuff on it and roasted potatoes- huge portions.... he just has to rehea it for $6! I don't have to cook tonight Totally great since Karate nights are so hectic. I know I will be frequenting that counter often!!! lol.... now let's see if he likes it!

Old 06-03-2009, 01:35 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
When we lived in CA I use to live at this one stores food counter---Gelsons. They had food to die for. Course we had to pay a good price but you did get what you paid for! It came in so handy when I was working and still had to find time to feed my family! I probably used it a couple of times a week. Everything was fresh and organic too. One of those things I do miss about CA!!

Old 06-03-2009, 02:30 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,945,470 times
I have never had chicken fried steak! Doesn't sound appealing to me...

We are grilling the chicken breasts and with have grilled potatoes and onions to go with.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:36 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
I have never had chicken fried steak! Doesn't sound appealing to me...

We are grilling the chicken breasts and with have grilled potatoes and onions to go with.
I think by now you all know how I feel about red meat.. HOWEVER! I LOVE CHICKEN FRIED STEAK!!!! I think it from my days of living in Oklahoma. I could just sit there and chow! I highly suggest trying it... with the white gravy and mashed potatoes.... it isn't chicken fried steack unless you have white gravy and mashed potatoes... imho

Old 06-03-2009, 02:37 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
Congrats to the foodie winners for the gift certificates!

skbs how is Diva's tummy doing now days? How much longer do the girls have for school yet? Does your back feel better?

Lacey we lost the natural heat today too back into the low 50's.

kelsie what your DH said to you is what I would probably say as well. Thanks for the laugh and glad nobody got hurt but the poor little hot dogs.

Kats congrats to mom & dad's 44th. Loved how you said what daddy is paying for.

HG chicken fried steak really isn't chicken more like a cubed steak breaded smothered in gravy. Yummy stuff but not good on your waistline and heart kind of food ya know?

ACTS yes your meal has to have gravy if I cook it here.

We are having the Italian sausages with peppers & onions tonight. It has cooled off so much I was about ready to make a pot of chili or veggie soup.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:40 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,088,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Congrats on the gift cards to everyone!!! That is awesome! So exciting for our Fellow Foodies!

Good news- Chatterbox made it all afternoon at school (well- her 2.5 hours)- that is HUGE since she didn't go all of last week and this past Monday! Hopefully it is a sign things are going well??? fingers crossed.
I was so surprised and even more so that our fellow foodies and members of Cyn's table won with me!

That is great news on Chatterbox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
I have never had chicken fried steak! Doesn't sound appealing to me....
Actually it's yummy (IMO). I just have the gravy on the side as it is too much for me (heavy) otherwise. I have about one or two a year.

Tonight I will make a baked chicken that I marinated in some soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger. I have some extra corn on the cob from the other night and will serve that too.

Hope everyone has a yummy dinner and a great evening!

Old 06-03-2009, 03:05 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
HG do yourself a favor and try it! It's comfort at it's best.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:20 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
HG, I have to agree with Lacey on this one! The first time I tried this was in a restaurant and I fell in love with it. I learned how to make it myself and it has always been a huge hit in our home! The white gravy does do it well! Lots of pepper too. It is so simple and yet so very good! I use cubed steak and dredge it in flour, egg and bread crumbs--in that order. Fry that baby up in some oil and it's heaven. Of course a side of homemade mashed potatoes with some gravy too. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Old 06-03-2009, 03:54 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
No chicken here tonight. I still have that bbq pork on my hands that needs a home in my tummy. I used the last of it chopped on pretty course, 4 cans pork 'n beans, whole sweet onion, 1/4 large jar jalapenos, and a whole bottle of SBR's. then I topped it wall to wall with lean center cut bacon. It's in the oven a 350°. When bacon looks almost done I turn heat down to 225 and just let it blend the flavors for awhile. I'll be eating late but owls eat late anyway. This one pan dish feed me next 4 days....

Old 06-03-2009, 03:56 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,005,392 times
Well, hubby's blood sugar was fine, even a bit low, but his cholesterol was high. The doctor has him on Niacin to try and bring his triglycerides down, but guess I'll have to start cooking for lowering cholesterol (since mine is kind of high as well.)

Well, I have to go google heart healthy diets now. fun fun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink