Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 06:05 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times

Advertisements

Oh wow-who can compete!! Hugs all and happy food dreams.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:18 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,091,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
George, have you had the bus tuned up yet for lacey's new home party in NC?

Have a wonderful night everyone. See you after my Dr's appt. tomorrow. Love these yearly Physicals.
Why do I always have to drive? Don't forget that we are going to burdell's first for the beach party and then we can be off to Lacey's. Who drove before I came along?

Hope you have a good check-up and tune-up tomorrow!

Old 06-04-2009, 06:40 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,338,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Why do I always have to drive? Don't forget that we are going to burdell's first for the beach party and then we can be off to Lacey's. Who drove before I came along?
Oh, we all just traveled separately before you joined us, and it wasn't nearly as much fun. You were the one who started it after all, with those buses full of foodies and gigantic zip-lock bags going to Lacey's son's wedding. You did such a great job of chauffeuring that now you're stuck with the job!

I think the pork chop bug must have bitten a lot of folks tonight. I got home from work to find the spouse lighting up a pile of charcoal in the grill, and sure enough, he had a beautiful pair of pork chops from Pec Valley Farm ready for grilling. He made up a brushing sauce that had notes of sweet, spicy and sour that went really well with the juicy pork, particularly after it had a chance to caramelize a bit on the fire. Sides were noodles with pesto and Parmesan cheese, and a big heap of asparagus, and we are both happy campers now. Tired, too, as the week comes to an end, but that seems to be the norm these days.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:01 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,418,792 times
Cooked again tonight Made a delicious chicken pot pie with a rotisserie chicken I picked up today at Costco
Actually wasn't too hungry after walking around there and eating a yogurt swirl

Have a great evening

Old 06-04-2009, 07:27 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,295,875 times
We had spaghetti and garlic toast.. quick, easy, and delicious!

Old 06-04-2009, 07:35 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times
Jaxson- Yes if I don't pay they will delete all my pictures on CD. If I had known I would have signed up for different accounts. I have about 1000 pictures in my file. I think they allow you to have about 500 for free. Tell your DD I Know of a piece of land available not across the valley but to our side. It belongs to Jimmy and we saw him working up there the other day when we were on top of the shipping container.

Kats- I love "Taste Of Home" magazine. Have you ever been to one of their cooking shows? I've always wanted to go.

Kelsie- Good luck tomorrow at the Doctors.

SES- Welcome to a great dinner table where we cook, eat, laugh, joke, and are basically just there for each other. It's a great place.

Lacey- I hope you make it to NC soon.

Burdell- How is your new place?

George- How about something for cooking or a cooking magazine?

Change of plans. We had no electric today because my DH started the big solar switch. Right now I am on back up battery power and no solar panels. My DH did awesome as far as getting us hooked back up to at least the batteries. Anyway we had a late dinner of pasta and sauce. Chicken for tomorrow. Night all.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:01 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
StarryEyedSurprise welcome to an awesome and sharing thread! Whatever you share with us I am sure will be fine.

Nomad safe travels and I bet DW will be happy to have those staples removed. At least they don't seem to itch as bad as the old type stitches did.

kelsie I have to go get my ahem melons smashed tomorrow also other part is already done thankfully. Did the blood tests yesterday and had a chest xray on Tuesday. I should be good to go for another 365 days after tomorrow.

YLisa so now DD will have an actual encourager down in TN? I think she was around 6 or 7 when we first took her and that is all she has talked about since living in TN. I have been to one TOH cooking shows it was very nice, lots of chances to win things. Plus an unbelievable goodie bag that was huge from all the free stuff in it. The food they made we had all the recipes in our bags plus at the end they drew out names for the prepared food AND dishes they were in for more door prizes.

Well all this talk about pork chops almost caused me to get rear ended in town today. I was driving and all of a sudden a BBQ wagon guy that sets up in the summer time at county fairs and street festivals was open for business! I whipped in got me some BBQ pork chop dinner I tell ya! DD wanted Subway so then we headed to the coach's pitch baseball game to watch my little great nephew play. We had good eats folks kept coming over to the van asking me where I got my grub.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:07 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post

Burdell- How is your new place?

So far, so good I'm very pleased

I 've always believed there are many compromises in life, the +s outnumbering the -s is cause for celebration. Growing up in NJ I got saltwater in my veins, it's good to be at the source, I just love the ocean and its shoreline.

Just nuked a frozen dinner tonight, sitting on the deck with the sound of the waves it was deeeeelishus! I'm wondering how long before the 'Christmas morning ' feeling wears off and I return to reality ?

Old 06-04-2009, 08:54 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Attention foodies~~~~~elston is home! They have been up 30 hours so will catch us up later.

burdell you enjoy that feeling as long as you can I am glad you are happy! Did you already find a new place to buy or are you renting just checking out the area?

Old 06-05-2009, 05:29 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Oh how exciting that Elston is home! I'm looking forward to hearing all about his trip and all the good eats!
Burdell, it sounds like you have found your own little piece of heaven! I am so happy for you--enjoy!!
So tonight I will hopefully have those pork chops! Still don't know what sides I will make so I will post that later.
It's so funny everyone is talking about getting their physicals....yesterday I called my new Dr. in Georgia to get lined up for a through physical and to get all these problems addressed that I had in Dec. I asked her to try to get all the tests for one or two days since I have to drive 4 1/2 hours to get there and I would like to just spend the night there--one night! She is going to do what she can.....
I think it was Jaxson that asked about my hair--it turned out fine I guess...I have been trying to go a little darker shade and it takes some getting use to. Also I only had her trim my hair because I am letting it grow a bit so I can pull it up in the hot summer months!! I can't stand it hanging on my neck when it's hot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink