Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2009, 09:49 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,794 times

Advertisements

Morning everyone. Sorry I was awol yesterday. The heat down here in Texas just sucks the life outta ya. Dinner last night was frozen pizzas. To hot to think of anything inventive.

Today still have no idea. I am leaning towards fish and maybe a rice dish for a side. But then by three today I may come up with something totally different.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:03 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
Going to my aunt's house for a family party. She never plans ahead, and always makes something really tasty. I'm sure the grill will be involved. I could never be so laissez faire about entertaining as she is.

I'm bringing my famous guacamole.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:08 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,970,106 times
TGIF for all the workers out there!

Seems like I'll not be cooking again this evening. DH is going to a luncheon in his honor for an Excellence and Achievement Award from his company. Only 25 people received this out of 3,500. I am so proud of him! I can't wait to find out what his gifts are. LOL

So, if he is hungry later this evening, probably we'll just grab a bite out somewhere.

Have a great Friday!!

Old 06-19-2009, 10:22 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,088,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Are you going to forget me again???? It's hot in my garage waiting!
Sorry Kats, the bus overheated Did you catch many catfish on your fishing trip? I remember going fishing as a child and I would scratch the white underbelly of the catfish and it seemed to lull them into sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Going to my aunt's house for a family party. She never plans ahead, and always makes something really tasty. I'm sure the grill will be involved. I could never be so laissez faire about entertaining as she is.

I'm bringing my famous guacamole.
Maybe we all need to take lessons from your Aunt! Mmmm...guacamole

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post

Seems like I'll not be cooking again this evening. DH is going to a luncheon in his honor for an Excellence and Achievement Award from his company. Only 25 people received this out of 3,500. I am so proud of him! I can't wait to find out what his gifts are. LOL!!
Congrats to your hubby!

I'm not cooking tonight! We are going out to eat with my past clients that have become friends. Drinks, snacks and dessert at the house though. I think I will make Kir Royals for the drink. I have some pimento cheese spread that I made last week and will serve that too. When we return to the house I will serve the pound cake that I made earlier this week with from big fat and juicy strawberries with homemade French Vanilla ice cream! I can't wait for dessert!

Happy early Who's Your Daddy Day to all the dads out there! Elston, don't slave too much over your own special day - you are suppose to enjoy it too!

Old 06-19-2009, 10:33 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Debsi-I've found the stress of entertaining fades with age and years of doing it. Years ago I stressed and worked my butt off and planned for days-now I find spur of the moment so less stressful and really enjoy it.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:47 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
Lacey, is fresh pineapple that much better then canned? Probably is....
I have been busy this morning so I still need to go do some reading here to catch for this morning. We are having grilled hamburgers tonight for dinner. It's suppose to be really hot here today--wonderful!!

Old 06-19-2009, 10:50 AM

Cyn depends on if the fresh are ripe in the market. You could get the containerized ones in the produce sect. or buy Doles-but not in syrup (in juice) and drain.

PS I am sooooo bored and mr. L's sawing wood in his chair (which he says he never does-but does at least 1x a day).

Old 06-19-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post

Seems like I'll not be cooking again this evening. DH is going to a luncheon in his honor for an Excellence and Achievement Award from his company. Only 25 people received this out of 3,500. I am so proud of him! I can't wait to find out what his gifts are. LOL

So, if he is hungry later this evening, probably we'll just grab a bite out somewhere.

Have a great Friday!!
You must and should be so proud-he must be very special and admired by his peers.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:43 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times
Debsi everything always comes out better and more relaxed when it is impromptu unless you are planning 50 or more. That takes a little more.

Hi everyone....love the sounds of the different things you are all making. Not cooking tonight...babysitting the grands so it wil be take-out instead.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:48 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
I just found out it's take and bake pizzas tonight.

I am disappointed, because my Aunt is such a good cook.

Oh well, I'll survive! Fill up on guac.

I know what y'all are saying about the relaxation level.. and there's definitely truth to that.. but I just can't make taco bar for people unless I plan it! That's one of my favorite things to do when I entertain. Always popular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink