Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 13 days ago)

52,724 posts, read 48,043,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
Walmart is suppose to be slashing their prices. Has anyone noticed a difference in their prices? How long do you think the low prices will last?
Judging from your thread's title, are you suggesting they aren't slashing prices?

Old 04-04-2010, 10:41 PM

16,404 posts, read 30,341,615 times
For the last couple of years, Walmart is reducing the number of products that they are carrying. Their strategy is to carry their store brand and a more limited number of brand name products. Personally, I like this idea as it reduces the useless proliferation of "off shoot" products. How many varieties of Oreos do you really need in a store.

Reducing the number of products helps to reduce overhead which will reduce costs.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:15 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,602,765 times
I've noticed they have a lot of things missing off their shelves lately and it's getting on my last nerve. I know they are remarketing thier "products" but how about stocking some rolaids and my fiber pills weren't in either.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:23 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,042,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
I've noticed they have a lot of things missing off their shelves lately and it's getting on my last nerve. I know they are remarketing thier "products" but how about stocking some rolaids and my fiber pills weren't in either.

I know what your saying, I was going to have my g/f pick up some cream of chicken soup today and she said they were all out, made me thing of this thread.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:14 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,239,294 times
Default Out of stock. What stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Town&Country View Post
Which part of what I wrote threw you into a tizzy?
Did I say the "FLOOR"?
I don't think so.
"Did you find everything you were looking for"?
you have NEVEA, EVA heard that

We have a local Walmart manager, who couldn't find her arse with both hands.
4 cup Mr. Coffee filters are a SPECIAL ITEM......limited to stock on hand. If people want 4 cup coffee filters, you must drive 70 miles one way to our other location....

I spend about $300.00 a month on foods and must haves (toilet paper, etc.)
how much of that do you think Walmart gets from me?

oh yeah, good point another poster made about sam's, same thing, they have an item for a whole year, then the next thing you know, it's not there anymore, what happened???!!! they do not know. oh, it was a special item. Sam's bought 10 truckloads, and when they're gone, they're gone forever. Better buy it now while you still can.

Sam Walton would be rolling in his grave if he knew how his family were running the joint.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
For the last couple of years, Walmart is reducing the number of products that they are carrying. Their strategy is to carry their store brand and a more limited number of brand name products. Personally, I like this idea as it reduces the useless proliferation of "off shoot" products. How many varieties of Oreos do you really need in a store.

Reducing the number of products helps to reduce overhead which will reduce costs.
One. Great value cookies taste like cardboard with alot of sugar.
If they want to reduce overhead, tell the truck drivers to quit idling the engines at truck stops and at the docks.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Town&Country View Post
Walmart "generally" uses 3 different types of labels: GM (general merchandise, these are the yellow and white labels), Clearance (same as General merchandise but red and white), and Grocery labels (white and yellow with an orange square on the upper left).

There are also 3 main types of merchandise although there are a few exceptions (these are on the labels as well):

AD~ Assembly item. Sometimes these items take up to 3 weeks to come in but usually between 1-2 weeks after ordering.

WHSE~ Warehouse item. These items will arrive in 3 Days after ordering unless the warehouse is out.

GO~ These items are for the most part NOT ordered at store level and are the "one shot deals". Sometimes these are merely a bonus package, I.E. 12 extra loads of detergent, 1 bonus razor, etc. Sometimes they are seasonal, I.E. Christmas, Easter, Summer, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I stated above, if the PI (perpetual Inventory) of an item is Overstated (I.E. upon scanning the system shows you have 52 but in fact you have 7), the system will NOT order it because it thinks you already have plenty. It is usually the Dept. Managers duty to correct the PI if it indeed is deemed wrong. This, and warehouse outs are the main reasons items are out on the shelf.

If you are ever in a store and an item you want is out here is one thing you can do: find an associate with a Gemini or Telexon (handheld scanners) and ask them to scan a label under the Keep it Stocked screen. If BR show up it means they DO have it in the backroom... simply press alt and then F7 to find the location in the backroom. This only works if the merchandise is properly binned in the backroom and is not still sitting on a pallet or a cart.

I hope I answered your question but if not just let me know.
Walmart employee for 10 years? Management?
You ARE the answer person. Tell us all why Walmart s*cks.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:29 AM

392 posts, read 992,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
Walmart is suppose to be slashing their prices. Has anyone noticed a difference in their prices? How long do you think the low prices will last?
They have strawberries this week for $1.50. They are huge berrie....nice ones.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:02 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,802,741 times
Quote:
They have strawberries this week for $1.50. They are huge berries....nice ones.
They had them at my store too, and they were very nice indeed.

Walmart is good or bad depending on where you live. My daughter lives in Philly, and took her friend out to a suburban Walmart. Her friend had only been to ones in the city. Well, my daughter's girlfriend went crazy over the place. She loved it, said it made her want to move out to the suburbs just so she could shop there. My daughter has assured me that the Walmarts in town are terrible. She misses the ones we have up our way.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:19 PM

1,642 posts, read 4,099,537 times
I think if the WM "superstores" keep cutting back on their food product selection they will save some money at first, but they will lose all the ground they originally gained from area supermarkets. It's getting so you can't even complete a shopping list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink