Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 08:17 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abogs View Post
Does anyone know anything about Lehigh Acres (near Ft Meyers)? I have a realtor talking to me about investing in "affordable" housing there. He said I can get a new 2/2/2 (1000 sf@) duplex for under $300k and split them up and resell for $175K-$200K. I've heard of investor traps in FL and right now many are stuck w/ overpriced condos, etc., where the only ones making $$ are builders, realtors & lenders. I have a gut feel Lehigh Acres may be one of these traps.
Let's just say the whole fort Myers area isa big real estate/money trap. Property taxes in that area are through the roof, and insurance there will be sky high too. In case you forgot the 2004/2005 hurricane seasons seemed to aim at Fort Myers a lot of the time and the insurance companies KNOW that.

You are better off in Central or North Florida. South FL really sucks unless you are involved in something illegal OR you are independenlty wealthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 09:35 AM

1 posts, read 4,121 times
i live in lehigh acres and have for the last ten years!its still a smaller quiet place to live..yes there have been a lot of grow houses busted lately but little crime outherwise..
if you look at the papers most of the arrests are for driving without a license..and yes there are a lot of empty houses and condos around the building craze has slowed for now. but lehigh is still a nice area

Old 05-09-2008, 05:10 PM

2 posts, read 9,941 times
Lehigh Acres is a rather large place. Like with most cities, there are good spots and bad spots. Before you buy in a certain area, talk with the local Sheriff and get his/her take before you invest to much attention to all the negative feed back from this website. There are some really good deals out there if you do your research and ask around. The area I just bought in is very quiet, has many friendly older folks and professional people of all ages. I can't touch property in New England for what I paid for in Lehigh Acres. Best Wishes!

Old 05-10-2008, 09:39 AM

776 posts, read 1,673,012 times
What a change from two years ago... Just was referred this new listing on an almost 1800sf 4/2/2 2005 home for $85k.. A short sale that had once sold for $260k..amazing anyone can still think prices are heading much lower and haven't crashed enough..use this next year or so to pick up the bargains as the foreclosure tsunami continues

Lee County Property Appraiser - Online Parcel Inquiry

Old 05-11-2008, 11:55 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
That's a short sale. Believe me, I know, I'm bottom feeding foreclosures right now. But nothing has hit bottom right now, and when it does, it will take a long time to go up. Too much inventory in southwest Florida.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:45 PM

776 posts, read 1,673,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
That's a short sale. Believe me, I know, I'm bottom feeding foreclosures right now. But nothing has hit bottom right now, and when it does, it will take a long time to go up. Too much inventory in southwest Florida.

Next 18-24 months is what we got to play vulture bottom feeder...new home construction is what will be in depression for a very long time so building lots will be worthless for a long time..home prices however will start moving up again quicker than anyone thinks due to our current monetary and fiscal policies..costs to construct new will be triple what they were in 2005 by the middle of next decade

Old 05-12-2008, 10:38 AM

2,209 posts, read 7,656,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I agree with you 100% although we aren't looking at foreclosures. I bought one of those before and that bad karma surrounding that house was incredible.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:06 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTudo View Post
I agree with you 100% although we aren't looking at foreclosures. I bought one of those before and that bad karma surrounding that house was incredible.
I agree. Every time I walk into one of those I get the bad vibes.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:35 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTudo View Post
Yes the ghosts of someones crushed dreams surround it...

Old 05-13-2008, 09:16 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
Default I think the three of you have.......

just come up with Cape Coral's new slogan for the billboard at the CC bridge....... "Cape Coral, It's just bad vibes, bad karma, and crushed dreams"

Ahhh, I just couldnt resist......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area