Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2017, 11:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
well I have put most of my flower seeds in the ground today it got up to the 70s almost 80 so I figured it was time now I will wait til april 5th to put my tomatoes out they are small seedlings under lights in my room right now and I'm so hoping everyone will do well .
I have transferred my tomatoes from the original size growing pots to little larger ones. I have also planted the okra and dill seeds. I think before we leave on vacation, next Sat I am putting the tomatoes out side on the patio table That way they will get watered from rain if nothing else I will actually not put them in the ground until we get back which will be the night of the 9th. I guess Monday the 10th will be a busy day between unpacking, grocery shopping and planting,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2017, 06:17 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
I haven't been here in quite some time. Last year my DH helped me set up two dog kennels to protect my garden from critters. I used the chain link for growing thing but I didn't like how that worked out. Veggies were growing outside the cage. Anyway it got a little too wild and I let it go.

I have been prepping my garden for this year....and I promise not to plant too much, lol. Really

I got my garden hand tilled and my my aisles are cleaned up. I just want to do a soil test before I start planting. Then I can start with my early season veggies, lettuce, spinach, and red onions
All Vegetable Gardening-img_5459.jpg

All Vegetable Gardening-img_5461.jpg

All Vegetable Gardening-img_5463.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
The pineapple bucket. We ate the first one today. Well most of it. A sucker can be seen coming out of the old plant. It will be planted in a bucket as a new plant and bear again. The original plant is done.
I know this is really old but that is so cool. Do you have any pics of your squash in buckets?

I can't wait to see your "new" garden

Quote:
well I have put most of my flower seeds in the ground today it got up to the 70s almost 80 so I figured it was time now I will wait til april 5th to put my tomatoes out they are small seedlings under lights in my room right now and I'm so hoping everyone will do well .
What kind of flowers did you plant?

Cambium-How about if you make some high raised beds?

Old 03-26-2017, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
I haven't been here in quite some time. Last year my DH helped me set up two dog kennels to protect my garden from critters. I used the chain link for growing thing but I didn't like how that worked out. Veggies were growing outside the cage. Anyway it got a little too wild and I let it go.

I have been prepping my garden for this year....and I promise not to plant too much, lol. Really

I got my garden hand tilled and my my aisles are cleaned up. I just want to do a soil test before I start planting. Then I can start with my early season veggies, lettuce, spinach, and red onions
Attachment 182569

Attachment 182570

Attachment 182571

I know this is really old but that is so cool. Do you have any pics of your squash in buckets?

I can't wait to see your "new" garden

What kind of flowers did you plant?

Cambium-How about if you make some high raised beds?
We also use a dog kennel or dog run as we call it for most of our container plants. We just finished dragging containers out of the shed a little while ago. We already had a few out: mistake, one apparently doesn't have enough holes for good drainage. Well we brought it out last week, we had a lot of rain this week and now it is filled with more water than dirt. Hope it drys enough for hubby to drill a few more holes in it before we leave for vacation. We are supposed to have rain almost every day this week.

Old 03-27-2017, 12:29 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
Ylisa I planted zinnias , cosmos , poppies , sunflowers , gilardia ...forget me nots . I just pray all of it comes up.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:54 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Too early for me for anything Lisa I hope the dog pens help your garden grow

Old 03-29-2017, 05:58 AM

well now yesterday we got up to 82 so I put my squash in and I hope it does well black beauty zuchinni and delacata squash so hopefully all of it will come up . thanks all and happy growing ...

Old 03-29-2017, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Ylisa I planted zinnias , cosmos , poppies , sunflowers , gilardia ...forget me nots . I just pray all of it comes up.
Ooh…sounds pretty. I haven't planted flowers in years. All this land and I just don't seem to have the right spot. Post a picture when they are all full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Too early for me for anything Lisa I hope the dog pens help your garden grow
Thank you

Quote:
well now yesterday we got up to 82 so I put my squash in and I hope it does well black beauty zuchinni and delacata squash so hopefully all of it will come up . thanks all and happy growing ...
I like the black beauty zukes. How many did you plant? I usually plant two but that is because I worry I might have a bad year. Of course if it is a good year I have way too many zukes, lol. Then I make lote of zucchini/squash relish.

I just looked up the delacata squash. It says it's a winter squash. Will that work for you?

Old 03-29-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
Ooh…sounds pretty. I haven't planted flowers in years. All this land and I just don't seem to have the right spot. Post a picture when they are all full

Thank you

I like the black beauty zukes. How many did you plant? I usually plant two but that is because I worry I might have a bad year. Of course if it is a good year I have way too many zukes, lol. Then I make lote of zucchini/squash relish.

I just looked up the delacata squash. It says it's a winter squash. Will that work for you?

I will take pics of all of it and the delacata came up here last year in the summer so I don't know ...thanks for pointing that out but I looked today and some of the flowers are already coming up so I'm happy .

Old 03-29-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
I will take pics of all of it and the delacata came up here last year in the summer so I don't know ...thanks for pointing that out but I looked today and some of the flowers are already coming up so I'm happy .

Oh good on both points. I have been able to grow zukes, yellow squash and patty pan squash in the summer

Old 03-30-2017, 08:02 AM

Well I am making progress; we are leaving for 10 days tomorrow so I just set the tomato plants, in their small containers on a table outside. i will move the sqush and Okra plants out tomorrow befoe we leave. right now the weather is so cold, high 40s today, so hope they survive until we get them in the ground the week of the 10th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden