Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are mixed race people more attractive?
Yes, they are more attractive than people that aren't mixed 53 31.36%
hard to say 23 13.61%
No, they are just as attractive as people who aren't mixed 93 55.03%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 11:37 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
I don't have black hair. I have a weird mutation of nappy black and ultra curly white hair. And it grows in frickin patches.

I also have none of the benefits of melanin as I burn as quickly as white redhead.

It's a pain in the ***...

Though I'm not sure how being pissed that I didn't get the hair the rest of my family did qualifies as self hatred. My brother has red hair and it is nice. Me? I have the mutated naps. My only real hair style choice is bald.
Ahh see with further explanation, you hate your hair because your nickname in high school was Patch Adams. Lol. Fair enough.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:05 PM

61 posts, read 74,623 times
This is exactly why I bleach my skin

Old 04-02-2013, 02:13 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,398,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
The fact that I'm a combination of many continents, cultural backgrounds and two major ethnic groups (AA and Latino, which I acknowledge freely) doesn't change the way I and mine are regarded in this society. I'm a black man to many, nothing more than a n***** to many others. That will not change in my lifetime. And there are lots of people with African ancestry and without who understand this as well.
I actually wasn't speaking about you directly. I meant in general, particularly in America. When doing genealogy many of us learn just where the break in our families occurred. This may not have happened all the time and in all families of mixed heritage, but it did occur in many. All I'm saying is that in today's time, regardless of how society sees you, an individual should be allowed to freely and openly acknowledge all of his/her ethnicities. This is all I was saying.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:45 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,639,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
I actually wasn't speaking about you directly. I meant in general, particularly in America. When doing genealogy many of us learn just where the break in our families occurred. This may not have happened all the time and in all families of mixed heritage, but it did occur in many. All I'm saying is that in today's time, regardless of how society sees you, an individual should be allowed to freely and openly acknowledge all of his/her ethnicities. This is all I was saying.
Only when I lived in Hawaii did this even come up. I was called by my bank to take a survey, and at the end of it they asked for my ancestral background. I said I was of African ancestry, and they said, "Is that it? What else?" I was taken aback, as I had never been asked that before. So then I told the lady everything and expressed surprise that she would ask me that question. She said that in Hawaii, everyone mentions all of their origins, not just one origin. That made me think, for sure.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:00 AM

31,006 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnsour View Post
This is exactly why I bleach my skin
So, your saying this is prevalent in the media to this day and not something that is in the past?

Old 04-03-2013, 11:03 AM

645 posts, read 1,275,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
You believe everyone hates black people.

The paranoia stinks of the innate racism that it springs from.

I'm surprised you haven't started whining about miscegenation yet.

If you haven't realized yet, this thread is about us mixed people. Perhaps you got lost, the Racist and Xenophobia forum is that way... -->
In case you missed it, here are the topic starter's opening words,

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cold Shower View Post
It seems that media and basically a lot of newspaper these days are set on forcing the whole ideal that mixed race people (basically white and black mixed in their eyes) are more attractive than everyone else. Now if you disagree, you get branded a racist fast!

I remember a Black friend of mines asking "so let me get this straight, you are telling me a mixed race guy is more attractive than me because he has White in him while I am not good looking because I don't have any White in me?". It was against this college girl who said that and the girl didn't respond.

What are your thoughts on the whole mixed race people are more attractive belief?
Do you understand now that this thread isn't about "Us mixed people?" Perhaps you're the one that got lost. Furthermore, the words you chose seethe with contempt for the other person, and fortunately for you, most of white America hasn't the gumption to point this out lest they be labeled a racist.

While you imply that you're the product of a mixed relation, and you seem to be proud of it, the fact that myself and others don't champion it is a fact. It doesn't make me any more racist than the next person. I love how mutts and "people of color" have a free hand at tossing their tautology about, but let a white person or somebody perceived as white do it, and all the minions react as though this were the Tudor dynasty and we're talking about Catholicism.

I personally see nothing laudable in being proud of your race, hair color, and all things which you've no control over. However, I do realize how the powers that be like to grab more power and are driven by greed, so it doesn't surprise me that there are people out there subscribing to what's on the television and other forms of popular media.

As far as my personal views on mixed race? When light hair, skin, and eyed people mix with Latin people, the children often seem to get the best of both words. If a black and white person mix, it seems as though the products of that mating get the worst features from both, and make the offspring exponentially less attractive. Yes there are exceptions to that, but they're rare, and they still either have a nappy mop or carry the kinky hair gene, which isn't appealing to my eye one bit.

With that, I'm sure the minions will come along and label me all sorts of things, but those are my views, and it's based on what's pleasing to my eye, not yours. Regardless of how attractive you find X mixed person, it doesn't matter to me. The first thing I look at on a person is their hair. If it's not naturally shiny, stick straight, and with a certain hairline, I will never find them attractive. Furthermore, the labels you place on me are just as ignorant as the ones that you're chastising others about. Just because it goes against your bigoted views, I'm supposed to change Coke to Pepsi and suddenly embrace black, mixed people, or what have you and find them to be the most attractive people on the planet? It must be nice having a free hand at the race game!

In closing, this is a biased poll. A fair unbiased poll would be,

Are mixed race people more attractive?

1. Yes
2. No
3. often times
4. rarely
5. uncertain

Last edited by bolillo_loco; 04-03-2013 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: No Rhodes scholar here

Old 04-03-2013, 11:45 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,186,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumNCoke View Post
You sound nutty. What are you talking about 'why not use a mixed latin model' idea. What because you think any mixed latin person could pass for any race--black or white. Bull crap.
And pure breed Whites are going no were. In what fantasy world are you living in poster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
I think it's the eyes. Most of the mixed race people (and we are talking about the same mixture, I think) have those great big beautiful dark eyes.

You look at the eyes and really don't see much of the rest of the face. The average light colored or hazel eyes simply don't have the same effect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolillo_loco View Post

In closing, this is a biased poll. A fair unbiased poll would be,

Are mixed race people more attractive?

1. Yes
2. No
3. often times
4. rarely
5. uncertain
I hate to clue you, Rum, but it's been a known fact for awhile that when the very last Baby Boomer, of which the majority is white, dies, the white race will become a minority in the USofA. White women are no longer restricted to having children with their "own kind" by society anymore.

Oh, I think the light eyes of a half black, half white person who has the darker skin and the light eyes like Jeter, Vanessa Williams and the actor who played Warrick Brown (to mention a few) on CSI are gorgeous! Just my personal taste though.

Yes, I would have answered the poll if it had more choices.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:52 PM

31,006 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I hate to clue you, Rum, but it's been a known fact for awhile that when the very last Baby Boomer, of which the majority is white, dies, the white race will become a minority in the USofA. White women are no longer restricted to having children with their "own kind" by society anymore.

Oh, I think the light eyes of a half black, half white person who has the darker skin and the light eyes like Jeter, Vanessa Williams and the actor who played Warrick Brown (to mention a few) on CSI are gorgeous! Just my personal taste though.

Yes, I would have answered the poll if it had more choices.
"White women are no longer restricted to having children with their "own kind" by society anymore."
Like someone would want to tell any women regardless of race who they should get married too

Old 04-03-2013, 01:56 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterStar View Post
Good point...have you ever noticed with dogs, mixed breeds are the smartest!
Please tell me you did not make that comparison?

Old 04-03-2013, 05:17 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,685,474 times
mixed people are god's photoshop... i think they are in most cases
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy