Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,219 times

Advertisements

I have a storage unit in Pueblo, CO. I really need to get out from underneath the monthly payment. I'm looking for someone to buy all the furniture and probably some miscellaneous other stuff. Anybody got any ideas??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 12:09 PM

96 posts, read 171,892 times
Talk to the people that own the storage facility.

We had some stuff in storage we no longer needed. The lady that owned the storage facility said she had someone that bought/sold the stuff in her units (maybe auctioned them off as mentioned earlier?, I am not sure). Anyway, she let us out of our contract with 30 day written notice and sold the stuff or did whatever with it. I didn't care! As long as I didn't have to mess with it anymore!

No more storage payment, we didn't have to move anything, everybody was happy!

Old 10-04-2012, 12:13 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
When we move again sometime in the next 12 months or so, we are going to pack and load what we are taking with us, then we are going to have an open house sale for best offer. So anything that is left in the house is for sale and we will be accepting any reasonable offer, cash and carry that day, anything that is left is going to be loaded and sent to Goodwill or Salvation Army.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:02 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,646,843 times
Just remember people will not want to pay you hardly anything for even expensive items. I had to get rid of a ton of stuff last year and people would try and talk me down over the $10 I was asking for a plant container that cost me $75 or the $25 I was asking for a wall of nice bookshelves.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:20 AM

96 posts, read 171,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Just remember people will not want to pay you hardly anything for even expensive items. I had to get rid of a ton of stuff last year and people would try and talk me down over the $10 I was asking for a plant container that cost me $75 or the $25 I was asking for a wall of nice bookshelves.
I agree. We recently had a yard sale because we are moving and it didn't go very well at all. People are a lot stingier with their money than they used to be. Maybe the economy? I don't know. But I regretted all the work that went into the sale to sell expensive items and come out from a day of work with less than $200.

It was WAY too much work and effort for that money. Some people that did show up were looking for particular collectibles that I did not have and didn't want to buy anything else. It was a lot different than my last yard sale. But, that was 10 years ago!

We had an almost brand new set of truck rails, stainless steel, used once. Retails for around $200-$250. We were asking $75 (a really fair price). One guy spent 30 minutes arguing with me because I wouldn't take less than $50.

Not worth it IMO.

At least I did get rid of some stuff and made almost $200. Don't know if I'd do it again though.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:50 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,196,846 times
I only sell things that are easy to sell and that I know someone will pay for. Things that are hard to come by or universally wanted are best. I sell some stuff on ebay, small things that are easy to ship, and give a lot of stuff away to charity becasue the tax deduction is usually a better bet for me anyway. When I had to sell some solid wood furniture and artwork I took it to a consignment store. If a consignment store won't take your stuff...furniture, clothing, whatever...iot's a good bet nobody sees the value in it but you. Even if it sold for way less than I thought it should it would still be fine since the market dictates what things are worth, not me. Worn items are never worth it, give them away and make a poor college kid happy. I did that with some old flatware, a huge CRT TV, dining set, and a love seat.

I am long past thinking my used stuff is worth much to other people and wouldn't have a garage sale ever. Dealing with idiots isn't worth it.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:10 PM

2 posts, read 1,630 times
Hello everyone, i'm having a move out everything most go sell that consist of a 3 piece Dinette set, children and women clothing, a tv, shoes, 2 dressers, 1 book Shelf case, toys..... If ur interested please call mimi @ 323 251 0369 thank u....The deadline is b-4 7/15/15 and nothing after....

Last edited by Tammi34; 07-01-2015 at 06:27 PM..

Old 07-01-2015, 06:18 PM

2 posts, read 1,630 times
Default move out sell, everything must go bye bye✋

Hello everyone I'm having a move out sell everything must go...dead line is b-4 7/15/15 nothing after....

Old 07-02-2015, 10:13 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,937,954 times
Local Facebook "Buy, Sell or Trade" groups worked best for us

Old 05-10-2020, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 418 times
Cool Selling your stuff

I always sell my stuff at [url]https://pawnzone.com/[/url] they have onlive appraisals so u can do it from home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues