Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 11:38 PM

543 posts, read 1,146,283 times

Advertisements

I've moved that way several times and each time, but the last worked out fine. The issue I would be most concerned about (and the one that was most problematic) was the economy. If you need to work, make sure you have a job lined up unless you KNOW that you can find work easily.)

I love to fly by the seat of my pants... It usually works out fine, but in today's economy, sometimes the glass is half empty.

Now, where did I put the glass..???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 02:57 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,849,445 times
Only once, moved to Arizona not long after college. I'd been to Arizona before, but not to the city where I moved. It didn't work out, but it was more a case of me being young and not really prepared/equipped to do that type of move. I didn't stay much longer than a month.

Just the kind of thing people do in their early 20s, I guess.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:32 AM

67 posts, read 147,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsoncat View Post
Hello,

Just wondering, has anybody here ever decided that they needed a change and after researching a state say, via internet packed up and moved before visiting first?

Yes. I'm getting ready to do that now. I've researched where I'm moving to for several years, via the internet, but I've never been there.
I am confident I will love it, so I am not the least bit hesitiant. Bring it on!!!

Old 03-13-2012, 09:52 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Yes, a number of times.

Went to college in Louisiana, and I had never been south of St. Louis before.

Took a job in Huntsville, Alabama, where I had never been.

Took a job in Portland, Maine, I had never been east of Charleston WV before.

Took jobs in Montreal and Newfoundland, both of which I had never seen before.

Went to Amman Jordan, on spec, but I'd been in Syria before, so that wasn't all that sight-unseen.

I even accepted a job in Madagascar, but I was going to Dar Es Salaam anyway, and when I got to Madagascar, I found that the job had fallen through, owing to new political restrictions on alien residents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues