Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2010, 12:26 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,734,977 times

Advertisements

i've been to texas before.

anyway the nicki minaj photo was a bonus because of the comments from the last pic of her in the pants.

don't even get me started on her many, many clones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 12:27 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,487,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
we are fashion icons. period. lol @ ny being tacky. ppl cannot be serious. nyc is one of if not THEE fashion capital of the world for a reason.
Only thing up there that you would probably see in my area would be #'s 3 and 4.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:29 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,734,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Only thing up there that you would probably see in my area would be #'s 3 and 4.
actually, the second set of pics i posted wasn't about things you'd see in various regions that came from the NE. it was more about nyc in general.

the first post was more about what you'd see in various regions that came from nyc. i should have specified.

i was trying to take it from comparing two regions to just focusing on one region. then maybe somebody else could post pics from their region, etc. etc.

oh well.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:29 PM

19 posts, read 35,564 times
To each his/her own when it comes to cloths and style. Me personally, I stop going after the $200 Air Jordans years ago. I've upgraded my clothing as I become mature. I don't like to follow trends and wear what everybody else is wearing so I tend to go against the grain. I will say this, leather coats and shorts during the winter time? WTF!? That I don't understand. Skinny jeans yet people wear them like baggy jeans are you serious? I wore baggy jeans and they never went below my ass. If anything maybe an inch below my butt crack but come on tight jeans to the knees? I'm sure everyone on this thread knows what I'm talking about.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:32 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
i've been to texas before.

anyway the nicki minaj photo was a bonus because of the comments from the last pic of her in the pants.

don't even get me started on her many, many clones.
Was the style similar to NYC???

Only thing people jock from Nicki is the barbie thing. Hair and clothes aren't anything special. Besides, do I need to get started on the Beyonce clones???

Old 02-24-2010, 12:32 PM

506 posts, read 1,402,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by San Fran Babe View Post
Wow, I had no idea people still used the term "Yankee."

Oh, yes.

I am Swedish and when I first came to the US (Virginia) in 1992 and heard that term I had to think REALLY hard to figure out what it meant.
You hear it quite often in these parts.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:34 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,487,161 times
Quote:
actually, the second set of pics i posted wasn't about things you'd see in various regions that came from the NE. it was more about nyc in general.

the first post was more about what you'd see in various regions that came from nyc. i should have specified.

i was trying to take it from comparing two regions to just focusing on one region. then maybe somebody else could post pics from their region, etc. etc.

oh well.
No, you see.
I was just saying. Nice idea though.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:40 PM

867 posts, read 2,140,068 times
absolutely

Old 02-24-2010, 01:17 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,082,223 times
Quote:
if your kids are old enough then there's a 85% chance that your kids dress like how we used to dress 2 years ago...depending on how old your kids are? perhaps they're all adults in their 30's...perhaps their all infants. who knows.
I don't get why that matters.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:21 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,082,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Skinny Jeans are looked down on in Texas; no dude should be allowed to wear those.
The only guys I know that wear them here ARE gay. As a matter of fact, only one store at the mall even sells them for guys here. ONE. I guess this is one example how things are different in different regions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.