Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2012, 10:41 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california_leavin View Post
I would say Salt Lake City, because alot of people give it a thumbs down just because of the mormon presence. I know Im a bit jealous because the mormon folk got imo one of the prettiest states in the west. I know the freeway system in Salt Lake City was really easy to understand.But from what Ive seen personally, and from reading the CD forum, if you look past the mormons (thats not a problem for me) Salt Lake City would be a great place to live.
Help yourself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 11:04 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post

Dallas was not the host city, A group call the North Texas Super Bowl Bid Committee was behind this, The DFW region in general was the host. Technically Fort Worth was designated as the AFC host city and Dallas was the NFC host city. The Cowboys maybe Dallas team but this had nothing to do with the Superbowl. This actually proves more how Fort Worth and rest of DFW is ignore actually.
And this is the point I've been making...

Old 09-12-2012, 12:42 AM

52 posts, read 95,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Help yourself!
Not sure what you mean by that.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:19 PM

1,370 posts, read 3,053,865 times
Albuquerque is one. Cheap, beautiful, near mountains, great food, cooler weather than Phoenix (also fewer annoying transplants).

Old 09-12-2012, 05:40 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Tulsa

Little Rock

Shreveport

Old 09-12-2012, 06:59 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Tulsa

Little Rock

Shreveport
Only one of those, I'd call major.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:58 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,167,649 times
Oklahoma City is underrated in my opinion.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:50 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,887,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california_leavin View Post
I would say Salt Lake City, because alot of people give it a thumbs down just because of the mormon presence. I know Im a bit jealous because the mormon folk got imo one of the prettiest states in the west. I know the freeway system in Salt Lake City was really easy to understand.But from what Ive seen personally, and from reading the CD forum, if you look past the mormons (thats not a problem for me) Salt Lake City would be a great place to live.
Isn't SLC around the size of Grand Rapids, MI??? Not exactly what I would call "major".

Old 09-12-2012, 08:53 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
Oklahoma City is underrated in my opinion.
OKC could potentially be a boomtown in the next decade if they play their cards right. Charlotte and Austin were both sleepy towns 15 years ago but today are two places people want to relocate to. OKC has the potential to get there.

As far as perception, this city is suffering from three things.

1. It's conservative - young people want to live in a liberal city. What they don't tell you is OKC does have its liberal pockets and the city government is pretty relatively progressive. There is a church on every corner but only a handful are popular with the youth. The rest of the congregations are pretty much 50+. While I personally am a Christian and thing church is a good thing, I realize by far most of my generation does not so I make this point to show its not as bad as they think, especially the closer you are to downtown.

2. The '90s - OKC in the '90s was probably one of the worst cities its size in the entire US. It had a horrible economy on top of it all. Tulsa was considered the superior city in Oklahoma and nobody wanted to live in OKC unless they absolutely had to. The city is still suffering with some of this reputation in the national conscience. It's turning around though. The OKC of the '90s is no more and with the Thunder America is starting to realize that.

3. It's natural surroundings - This is something OKC can't really do much about. It's a Great Plains city and there's not much natural scenery or outdoor recreation in under an hours drive. This city is however making the best of what they do have and there is plenty of outdoor recreation to be had in just a couple of hours both east and west.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:07 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinStrong313 View Post
Isn't SLC around the size of Grand Rapids, MI??? Not exactly what I would call "major".
I don't know how big Grand Rapids is; the Salt Lake City metro area has a population of around 1 million.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.