Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 06:19 AM

3,892 posts, read 5,515,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
I hear Forbes' methods for ranking topics is so scientific and complicated that even Stephen Hawking went "huh?"
Indianapolis was ranked 4th.
all other cities 1-6th were in Californiastan.
so Indy is doing something right here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 01:19 PM

4,675 posts, read 7,407,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Indianapolis was ranked 4th.
all other cities 1-6th were in Californiastan.
so Indy is doing something right here
Then you should also applaud California.

Old 09-09-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
Then you should also applaud California.
California and Applaud shouldnt be in the same sentence.
Eventually the taxpayers will have to bail out Californiastan.
If i were president of the US. Maybe Mitt Romney will be wise enough to do this. Dont bail out California and let the state collasp. Bad Choices=you must deal with the consequences.

Old 09-09-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
If i were president of the US. Maybe Mitt Romney will be wise enough to do this. Dont bail out California and let the state collasp. Bad Choices=you must deal with the consequences.
You can't have it both ways, i.e. kudos to Indianapolis for making the top 10 but shame on California cities for making it. It's just hypocritical.

And November hasn't happened, so the current president is Barack Obama, whether you like it or not.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:30 PM

1,985 posts, read 3,319,407 times
Quote:
Mitt Romney would let this whole nation collapse before he would let anyone touch his off shore tax havens.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:31 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,194,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
You can't have it both ways, i.e. kudos to Indianapolis for making the top 10 but shame on California cities for making it. It's just hypocritical.

And November hasn't happened, so the current president is Barack Obama, whether you like it or not.
If anything his statement is a reminder that Indiana is the red blotch in the Great Lakes/Upper Midwest region surrounded by (historically) blue states (Iowa is back and forth). It's the red-headed stepchild of the region.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
If anything his statement is a reminder that Indiana is the red blotch in the Great Lakes/Upper Midwest region surrounded by (historically) blue states (Iowa is back and forth). It's the red-headed stepchild of the region.
yep.
and Indiana is prospering way more than our neighbors.
only Ohio has a lower unemployment rate than Indiana and thats questionable after the BLS screwed up big time on their numbers over the past 2 months.
Indiana also has the best business climate in the midwest/one of the lowest tax burdens.
Indianapolis is the fastest growing city/metro in the midwest too.
So Red State Indiana is sure looking good

Old 09-11-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
yep.
and Indiana is prospering way more than our neighbors.
only Ohio has a lower unemployment rate than Indiana and thats questionable after the BLS screwed up big time on their numbers over the past 2 months.
Indiana also has the best business climate in the midwest/one of the lowest tax burdens.
Indianapolis is the fastest growing city/metro in the midwest too.
So Red State Indiana is sure looking good

I will repeat this again:

Indianapolis isn't the fastest growing city in the Midwest.
Indianapolis isn't the fastest growing metro in the Midwest.
Whether you like it or not, Ohio has a lower unemployment rate than Indiana.
Illinois has a GDP nearly 2.4 times that of Indiana, despite the fact that Illinois only has ~ 1.9 times the population.
Illinois and Minnesota have the highest GDP per capita of any states in the Midwest.

You should really just stop lying to make Indiana seem better than it is. I'm glad not all Hoosiers are like you.

Old 12-01-2012, 05:08 PM

Carmel Really is a hidden Gem of America and more than deserved the #1 spot as best place to live in America.
Carmel, Indiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well im at it heres a nice list of things to do in Indianapolis Downtown Indianapolis IS a Vacation Destination | Travel Video News

Great Urban Weekend Escapes: Indianapolis - Forbes

Indianapolis is that new Tourist Hotspot in the midwest.

again gratz to Carmel for the #1 listing.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:28 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Any predictions for the 2013 rankings?

I'm expecting to hopefully see a Salt Lake area suburb, and somewhere in Northern Virginia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.