Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2018, 05:40 PM

1,235 posts, read 944,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
I tend to agree somewhat, but Reno to Vegas is not a huge traffic corridor. As it stands today the route down US 395/95 is cumbersome for sure. I would guess a major Interstate (perhaps I-13?) would be quite expensive in today's dollars. And while it might cut off an hour or more on the route, I'm not sure it is critically important.
Interstate 11 is more likely since there's currently is an Interstate 11 in development that starts in Las Vegas although it's a portion that goes southeast from Las Vegas into Arizona that's in development right now though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2018, 07:46 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusco View Post
Interstate 11 is more likely since there's currently is an Interstate 11 in development that starts in Las Vegas although it's a portion that goes southeast from Las Vegas into Arizona that's in development right now though.
Interstate 11 is now planned to go from Nogales to Reno, much longer than the original Casa Grande to Las Vegas route

Old 04-13-2018, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
There needs to be an Interstate Highway between Reno and Las Vegas, to connect the largest two metros in Nevada.
Interstate 11 is now planned to run from Nogales to Reno

Old 04-15-2018, 12:44 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Either Reno or somewhere in Northern Nevada

Old 04-15-2018, 10:59 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,880,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I think a better word is "proposed" over "planned", as the former is an idea, and the latter is action. That said, I wonder how the proposed self-driving universe might effect all this. On one hand, it may require better roads, on the other hand, it might make new construction unnecessary. The next couple of decades are going to be quite interesting with road construction and general changes of how we move across the country in vehicles. My instincts say this process will be quite a bit slower than some are projecting. Will be fascinating to watch, and the jury is still out.

Old 04-16-2018, 12:43 PM

1,083 posts, read 1,036,420 times
Most Beneficial additions:

1. Fargo to Duluth to the UP terminating at I-75 - I understand a direct interstate to the Cities, but another one from Fargo to Duluth make sense because the Twin-Ports transport large amounts of grain already that would logically be loaded from the Red River Valley and North Dakota. The Interstate could theoretically continue across northern WI and into the UP until in terminates into into I-75. Naturally, this adds a transportation convenience for Yoopers, but is also a good trade opportunity for the Northland and Canada.

2. I-11 extension from Nogales to Reno. This seems like a no-brainer to me considering how odd US-95 is from Reno to Las Vegas.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsnicker3 View Post
Most Beneficial additions:

1. Fargo to Duluth to the UP terminating at I-75 - I understand a direct interstate to the Cities, but another one from Fargo to Duluth make sense because the Twin-Ports transport large amounts of grain already that would logically be loaded from the Red River Valley and North Dakota. The Interstate could theoretically continue across northern WI and into the UP until in terminates into into I-75. Naturally, this adds a transportation convenience for Yoopers, but is also a good trade opportunity for the Northland and Canada.
That would be the perfect Interstate 98.

2. I-11 extension from Nogales to Reno. This seems like a no-brainer to me considering how odd US-95 is from Reno to Las Vegas.[/quote]
I'm guessing this would replace the current Interstate 19.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusco View Post
That would be the perfect Interstate 98.

2. I-11 extension from Nogales to Reno. This seems like a no-brainer to me considering how odd US-95 is from Reno to Las Vegas.
I'm guessing this would replace the current Interstate 19.
It's actually not, believe it or not. From Casa Grande to Nogales, Interstate 11 is supposed to get it's own dedicated roadway running parallel to Interstate 10 and Interstate 19; for purposes of handling increased traffic according to what I've read

Old 04-25-2018, 11:30 AM

There could also be even longer term (lower priority) northwest extension of Interstate 11 from Reno to far north California.

Old 05-03-2018, 08:12 AM

Northbound Interstate 39 in Wisconsin ends abruptly just before Rib Mountain even though there's more of US Route 51 that's up to Interstate standards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.