Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: East Coast vs. West Coast
East Coast 426 50.30%
West Coast 421 49.70%
Voters: 847. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 07:38 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,694,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
When I look out a window, I'd rather see trees, hills and mountains instead of a bunch of buildings.
To me, looking at nature is boring. Everyone has different preferences though. This world would be a dull place if everyone was the same.

To me, having this outside your window is MUCH more exciting:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 07:51 PM

2,068 posts, read 2,922,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
To me, looking at nature is boring. Everyone has different preferences though. This world would be a dull place if everyone was the same.

There's a point. At least in the future that can become this:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...coruscant2.jpg

Old 01-22-2014, 07:58 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Quote:
Hmmm didn't know I couldn't include NYC. I was simply pointing out that the East Coast has more Supertall buildings to look at. Even without NYC the East coast will still have two in Philly and Atlanta, and the West Coast will have three. Miami also has a few proposed. So if one gets off the ground the East Coast will have three as well outside of NYC. Again... IDK why NYC can't be included though?
Where did I say or suggest NYC can't be included? Don't know where you guys got that from. NYC has more supertalls to look at, not the rest of you lol.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Where did I say or suggest NYC can't be included? Don't know where you guys got that from. NYC has more supertalls to look at, not the rest of you lol.
I was comparing Supertalls on the East Coast to Supertalls on the West Coast. Since Atlanta has a Supertall, Philly will have one under construction this summer, and NYC has multiple supertalls, there are not only more of them on the East Coast, but more cities with them as well. LA has one with one under construction and San Francisco has one under construction.

There are more on the East Coast. I will be able to walk down the street, see a Supertall in Philly, then take a train to NYC in 1 hr 30 mins, see more Supertalls, and then be back in my bed by 11:00 oclock that night if I wanted to.

You guys on the West Coast on this forum are so salty. It's really funny.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:09 PM

Quote:
I was comparing Supertalls on the East Coast to Supertalls on the West Coast. Since Atlanta has a Supertall, Philly will have one under construction this summer, and NYC has multiple supertalls, there are not only more of them on the East Coast, but more cities with them as well. LA has one with one under construction and San Francisco has one under construction.

There are more on the East Coast. I will be able to walk down the street, see a Supertall in Philly, then take a train to NYC in 1 hr 30 mins, see more Supertalls, and then be back in my bed by 11:00 oclock that night if I wanted to.

You guys on the West Coast on this forum are so salty. It's really funny.
"More cities?" As in ONE more city? Lol. Maybe after you're train ride to stare at some supertalls you can fly 800 miles to stare at one more!

Like I said, yeah there's more in NYC, a lot more, but not really the rest of you. It's cute though how much the rest of you ride NYC's coattails, especially when it comes to ever so important quality of life factor as "supertalls" lol

Old 01-22-2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
"More cities?" As in ONE more city? Lol. Maybe after you're train ride to stare at some supertalls you can fly 800 miles to stare at one more!

Like I said, yeah there's more in NYC, a lot more, but not really the rest of you. It's cute though how much the rest of you ride NYC's coattails, especially when it comes to ever so important quality of life factor as "supertalls" lol
You're the one who took this way further than it needed to go.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
You're the one who took this way further than it needed to go.
You sure seemed to still be very involved in the subject as well, even planning a one day supertall viewing itinerary lol.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:40 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8to32characters View Post
Blue skies, too.
Yes, the sky here is often blue. No so about 30 years ago, though!

Old 01-31-2014, 06:54 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:

As you said, everyone has different preferences. I find nature a lot more interesting than buildings. Also, I like to hike and look at the view and it's much more fun to hike up a hill or mountain (it's kind of hard to climb a building!).

You can enjoy the buildings and I will enjoy the beautiful sunsets like these:

Old 01-31-2014, 07:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
As you said, everyone has different preferences. I find nature a lot more interesting than buildings. Also, I like to hike and look at the view and it's much more fun to hike up a hill or mountain (it's kind of hard to climb a building!).

You can enjoy the buildings and I will enjoy the beautiful sunsets like these:
OMG those pix! Did you take them? What camera do you use?

What's to love about your pix more is the underrated SFV and San Gabriel mtns in your pix sometimes. LA posters take for granted better than every city besides NYC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.