Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 03:21 PM

7,269 posts, read 10,591,685 times

Advertisements

I've found that Northeasterners are often pretty brash and witty with their humor -- no holding back. Lots of jokes based on ethnic stereotypes, given the rich history of immigrants. Many people from other parts of the country would probably find this borderline offensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 03:52 PM

127 posts, read 378,281 times
I prefer Northeastern humor, which is where I am from, and so does my husband, who is from Texas. Rodney Dangerfield, Jay Leno, Adam Sandler and Nick DePaolo are all from there. Catholics, Jews and Italians breed comedians. I also like Rodney Carrington from Texas.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:47 PM

386 posts, read 1,692,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danco View Post
.... so a lady walks into a bar with a poodle and a a stick of salami....
Does anybody know the punchline ( please ) ?

oh yeah and what region.
....bartender says: "so I guess you won't be needing a drink?"
The lady replies: Oh sh*t!!

Northeast?

(It's from the Breakfast Club)

Old 03-19-2008, 06:19 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,341,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoDude View Post

Northeast?

I don't get it...?

Old 03-19-2008, 06:21 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,341,528 times
Quote:
So true. I've never *gotten* western humor. It's really....childish. I lived on the west coast for a year and found the people a pretty humorless bunch. Which is odd--considering the area is supposed to be so laid-back and easy-going. There's a richness in culture in the rest of the country which leads to a lot of funny people, I guess.
I know our humor is childish, but that's how I am since I'm a born and raised Angeleno in only high school. We all find each other funny, southerners also, but midwesterners and northeasterners not so much. Especially the Bostonians and NYers seem very unfunny to us. The only reason we laugh around them is because of their funny accent.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:36 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,077,432 times
Quote:

Northeast?

Um...... huh?

Old 03-19-2008, 06:45 PM

1,576 posts, read 6,348,634 times
It seems the funniest people that I know are all either from New York or New Jersey. They talk fast and they have a quick wit.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:57 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,826,998 times
Even though I live in a Southern (partially midwestern) area, I rarely find Larry the Cable Guy funny.

Usually he's just immature. He tells jokes about farts and sex. Basically jokes I heard a few years ago in Junior High. And isn't he from Minnesota or something? I don't think he's really southern.

Ron White is pretty funny, and I like Bill Engvall and Jeff Foxworthy quite a bit.

Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:39 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,144,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
Even though I live in a Southern (partially midwestern) area, I rarely find Larry the Cable Guy funny.

Usually he's just immature. He tells jokes about farts and sex. Basically jokes I heard a few years ago in Junior High. And isn't he from Minnesota or something? I don't think he's really southern.

Ron White is pretty funny, and I like Bill Engvall and Jeff Foxworthy quite a bit.

Just thought I'd throw that in there.
See I just don't think of Larry the Cable guy as Southern humor, especially since he was born in Nebraska and never lived in the South.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:58 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,826,998 times
Occasionally he's funny.

But we watched about 15 minutes of his movie and couldn't take it anymore. We pulled out of the drive-in and went home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.