Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 03:52 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,345,588 times

Advertisements

They should have to go down with their ship. They have caused housing all over the entire country to be so unrealistic it is causing millions of families to not even be able to purchase a home or rent a home anywhere halfway descent. Same goes for the northeasterns. It caused people to blindly start inflating housing all over the US trying to get rich off the next poor sucker they can dupe into twnety more years of his life paying on something he will never own. they dont think of the longterm damage its doing. They're all about monetary value and will screw up your state bad. It didnt work in Ca and now they all want to jump ship to cause the next inflation boom. Thats what they do go from one place to another looking down on folks and taking advantage of people. Like termites that destroy homes. They cause rapid inflation. They cause once setttled an stable areas to crush the lower income folks with an iron grip.

Northeasterns and Californians we thank you for inflating housing markets so bad that people can pay their life away for small boxes and manufactured homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2007, 05:17 AM

I bet alot of you with families who have wanted to move have all seen a bunch of busted up houses in some area you know dont have great schools selling for $200k and $300k. You get that feeling that you dont have chance and your kids wont have a good opportunity. I wonder if these people even think about that before they go inflating everything just trying to dupe the next sucker without many options.

You know what, my uncle used to be a tradesmen who bought a brand new corvette and a home on his own salary because he was willing to go out and work hard everyday. Now he would have to live three lifetimes to purchase these 200k-300k houses. Does anyone actually realize how much money that is? Every five and ten k you add on is another five and ten years of someones life. Most people will never own a home. They will just borrow it from a bank.

Anyone who didnt go to college doesnt have a chance to own a home in any descent place unless they're older and got it for much cheaper. That or they need to be rich to basically own a 4 bdr home for a family. Heck even ten years ago where I lived you could get a nice family home with 4bdrs for 80k-120k. Now in just ten years those homes cost 180k-240k. Job prices never went up. They stayed the same or actually went down.The economy never improved either. But home prices sure went way up and insurance rates sky rocketed.

Fact is people from Cali and the northeast dont care. they're taught that making money is everything. Its stature, it makes you look smarter and have more control over others. No one is as callous and shallow as California. They have the worst ghettos of anyplace, more slave labor, and they can be right next to the richest places. Rich people could walk by them everyday, even small homeless children.

Yea so, I wouldnt accept them in your area or be friendly to them. Dont sell your houses to anyone from the northeast or the west coast. They're parasities and they just want to make quick cash with it. I knew two California families that relocated where I live. Both had the same obnoxious and aggressive personality that was all about making more money. They think their opinions are better than everyone elses at everything.

You guys are ruining our kids futures. Thanks for making the current generation and our kids to be always owing the banks and never finding that dream or achieving independence. Half of the nice places i the US are completely cut off to laborers with families. The only way to get ahead is to take advantage of everyone else now. Hard work isnt enough to support a family anymore.

Old 01-10-2007, 06:31 AM

889 posts, read 3,118,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pines View Post
I bet alot of you with families who have wanted to move have all seen a bunch of busted up houses in some area you know dont have great schools selling for $200k and $300k. You get that feeling that you dont have chance and your kids wont have a good opportunity. I wonder if these people even think about that before they go inflating everything just trying to dupe the next sucker without many options.

You know what, my uncle used to be a tradesmen who bought a brand new corvette and a home on his own salary because he was willing to go out and work hard everyday. Now he would have to live three lifetimes to purchase these 200k-300k houses. Does anyone actually realize how much money that is? Every five and ten k you add on is another five and ten years of someones life. Most people will never own a home. They will just borrow it from a bank.

Anyone who didnt go to college doesnt have a chance to own a home in any descent place unless they're older and got it for much cheaper. That or they need to be rich to basically own a 4 bdr home for a family. Heck even ten years ago where I lived you could get a nice family home with 4bdrs for 80k-120k. Now in just ten years those homes cost 180k-240k. Job prices never went up. They stayed the same or actually went down.The economy never improved either. But home prices sure went way up and insurance rates sky rocketed.

Fact is people from Cali and the northeast dont care. they're taught that making money is everything. Its stature, it makes you look smarter and have more control over others. No one is as callous and shallow as California. They have the worst ghettos of anyplace, more slave labor, and they can be right next to the richest places. Rich people could walk by them everyday, even small homeless children.

Yea so, I wouldnt accept them in your area or be friendly to them. Dont sell your houses to anyone from the northeast or the west coast. They're parasities and they just want to make quick cash with it. I knew two California families that relocated where I live. Both had the same obnoxious and aggressive personality that was all about making more money. They think their opinions are better than everyone elses at everything.

You guys are ruining our kids futures. Thanks for making the current generation and our kids to be always owing the banks and never finding that dream or achieving independence. Half of the nice places i the US are completely cut off to laborers with families. The only way to get ahead is to take advantage of everyone else now. Hard work isnt enough to support a family anymore.
Its to bad you feel that way.Now where exactly are you from that you see this happening to the state/town you live in?

Old 01-10-2007, 06:40 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,763,852 times
Don't forget about the people from overseas with more money that brains. They have done wonders to ruin my part of Florida. Crime follows them, and I am tired of it. Yet if I leave this state am I now one of those bad people?

Old 01-10-2007, 07:39 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,092,745 times
Your problem is with an economic system that perpetuates this, not with people from an particular part of the country. In fact, I think it displays a certain amount of bigotry to paint an entire region of the country with statements like "people from Cali and the northeast dont care. they're taught that making money is everything." I've got family and friends from the northeast and can tell you that nothing could be further from the truth, that simply isn't a fair statement to make about the people of any region of the country.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:56 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
Your problem is with an economic system that perpetuates this, not with people from an particular part of the country. In fact, I think it displays a certain amount of bigotry to paint an entire region of the country with statements like "people from Cali and the northeast dont care. they're taught that making money is everything." I've got family and friends from the northeast and can tell you that nothing could be further from the truth, that simply isn't a fair statement to make about the people of any region of the country.
Thank you. My family is originally from the Northeast, and we've lived in California for over 20 years now... all my parents stressed was the need to be happy, and the importance of education. Now if that equals being "money hungry" & callous, I guess you can call me that. But most of us are just like any other American, working our hardest to have a decent life. I'll never argue the ridiculous housing costs, though that certainly isn't the fault of individual Californians. Do you think I like the fact that I have 2 college degrees, and still can't afford to buy a home? But I love California regardless, so don't worry, I won't invade your towns!!

Old 01-10-2007, 08:12 AM

Well for starters all of Ohio has seen major price jacks in the last ten years. It is use to being one of the most affordable-balanced-stable states in the US. Despite being know as the center of the rust-belt there were still a ton of jobs and affordable housing in nice neighborhoods. But the northeast keeps pecking away at Ohios jobs(Connecticut and Mass are leechers) and prices are going way up and job wages are not. I was use to seeing different architectual homes everywhere I looked there. Now you get a whole bunch of cheap mass produced housing that has a tenth of the character and costs two times its worth. Every since SoCals markets started mass inflating their housing so people could get rich and move somwhere else the entire western US has doubled its cost of housing in the last ten or fifteen years.

Every since the northeast started doing it spread to the midwest including Ohio. Ohio use to offer good bang for your buck. Its easily the most accessible state in which you can go to numerous cities within a few hours(Columbus, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, DC, Cincinnati, Dayton, Toledo, Indianapolis, Chicago, Nashville). Now the greed has spread there too. After all that time where Ohioans kept things relative to their ACTUAL worth they have begun to inflate everything because of neighboring areas real estate markets. Since job wages never went up at all and there are less jobs the economy is at a snails pace now.

So I wanted to move to Boise, Portland, Spokane or something outwest and earn a living doing a tradeskill. But the prices there are even higher! despite much less people and alot more land availability. I cant count how many times I found homes that were ugly, small and in an average to below average area that were TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS. To me SoCal started all of the wealth flaunting and mass greed driven housing market.

What are our kids going to do if they mess up and dont finish high school? Are we going to all be earning California slave wages in the next ten or fifteen years because rich Californians paved the way to extortion labor? I guess we could all resort to eating bugs and home schooling, taking baths in the rain. Paying two life times on a small homw an barely scathing by with no benefits, medical or dental.

You people are insane and should be put on an island somewhere together where you can all take advantage of each other. GREED, GREED, GREED. How will our kids ever make it in a market that outpaces wages by a light year? Oh yea by doing exactly what the people did who made it that way in the first place.

Old 01-10-2007, 08:23 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,425,045 times
Hmm, I live in the northeast and I don't think I can take credit for inflating values elsewhere. I have lived in many places, but I certainly haven't moved around in order to sneer at people and take advantage of them. You paint with an awfully broad brush there, the_pines.

Old 01-10-2007, 08:28 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,092,745 times
Who are 'you people'? seriously? By blaming the mysterious 'other' who is destroying your quality of life, the corporate greed inherent in the real estate business is allowed to go unchecked because people's bigotry toward "californians", "east-coasters", "whoever is buying houses in my neighorhood now", blinds you to the real problem.

Old 01-10-2007, 08:29 AM

Look at some statistics. LA and NY would easily be the centers for the inflation boom that has killed the economy. I dont think you people realize how much the housing market has to do with the economy. If homes dont sell and houses arent being built, that means millions of lost jobs. If Californians have nothing to accept responsiblity for then they should have no reason to complain about the prices in their state. Yes I know its not isolated to California and the Northeast. Those areas see the most inflation and worst cost of living. They started the inflation trends that destablized surrounding markets. SoCal is now unlivable for most people from around the country. Even the Californians cant live there anymore. They should accept responsibility for their market and be forced to stay there until they fix it. Its not a joke. Its peoples lives.

Look at the west coast now. Half of it isnt even populated but its expensive as heck anywhere outwest that is remotely desirable to live. You would think they would want to preserve a place in their own state that that people from other states could move to. Their kids wont even be able to live their unless they inherit something.

Last edited by the_pines; 01-10-2007 at 08:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.