Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is TX the best state of USA ?
YES 57 28.36%
NO 144 71.64%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 06:47 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,054,063 times

Advertisements

I would be inclined to vote no…simply because I don't care for the weather and geography of Texas. As for the people...well that is a different story.

I've worked in Austin and Houston on temporary assignments so I've met many Texans in my life and I like the people and most aspects of Texas culture, it's just the weather and geography I don't care for...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 06:51 PM

100 posts, read 455,431 times
Texas is the greatest, best state God has ever given man on the face of the Earth. I could help but quote Sean Hannity's, from FOX "FIXED" NEWS, America comment just changed two words to fit the question. I not a native Texas, I'm a transplant.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:14 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,687,679 times
TEXAS! Best state. Not so much. It's hot as hell in the summer, maybe if you're only counting winter climate. Housing is indeed very affordable there, but then they get you with the high property taxes. Then there are all the illegals to worry about. I think Colorado is probably the best state in the country.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:26 PM

694 posts, read 2,651,580 times
Can't say, never lived there.
You have to admire the pride with class displayed
on this forum. All to often others seem to get to defensive
or whiny. Seems Texans say we like it here, if you don't adiós.

..on a side note is it true that Texas is the only state in the
union that can actually secede if they vote it ?

Old 07-09-2008, 07:29 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,709,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danco View Post

..on a side note is it true that Texas is the only state in the
union that can actually secede if they vote it ?
No, it's a myth. I wish!

Old 07-09-2008, 07:34 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Texas is the greatest state known to mankind. The climate & scenery here is the best, many worlds better than NC or CA. Housing is so cheap and jobs are so plentiful you'd think they're actually giving it all away to anyone. And you who say we have high property taxes is lying. Our red voting habits ensure we pay no taxes at all. We also have absolutely no problems that the other states have such as crime, lack of education, teen pregnancy and rates of preventable chronic disease. I have never visited or lived in other states, but trust me when I say they are not worth a second of your time!

So you disagree with me, huh? Looks like it's time to get another rope.

(**humps the Texas flag**)

It would be hard to top the climate and especially the scenery of California, and I don't think Texas does top it. Although, with climate, it would depend on how "best" is defined.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:40 PM

305 posts, read 991,565 times
Silly Silly Silly alot of horn tooting going on in here about Texas. Been their only once but the people I met were great. I dont like hot weather. Hence my name I am from Minnesota and to me that is the best state. No doubt in my mind.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:50 PM

415 posts, read 506,261 times
I wonder how many people who have been voting now, have actually been to Texas.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:55 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,859,963 times
I lived in Texas for a short while. I've been there too many times since then. Don't see the appeal in it.

The climate???? It's HORRIBLE!!! My goodness! Can they throw a few more coals on the fire down there??
The people only make it worse. The attitude of "we're the best!" is very sad and pathetic. They can be a bit rude and snobbish, too.
Texas is just another place on the map. Nothing more. There is nothing special about it. Think of it as South Oklahoma, or West Arkaniana, or North Mexico, or... you get the point.

Wait for it..................

Old 07-09-2008, 09:00 PM

1,137 posts, read 2,280,368 times
outside of the TEXAS IS BEST attitude of some residents of the state, I've found it to be nothing short of a great place. It has entire cities to fit different categories of people, and generally doesn't lose track of the midwest like the coasts tend to.

"Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Wyoming/Colorado/Oklahoma/everyotherstateinthecountrybesidesNYandCA? where's that?" -Southern California / NYC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.