Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 05:29 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,710,979 times

Advertisements

Southern Colorado
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 08:44 PM

37 posts, read 441,275 times
Thank you all!
San Diego sounds perfect...perhaps I shall have to visit! Is the weather there good for gardening (like vegtables, fruits, berries)? The cost of the things you mentioned are cheaper than I thought they would be, esp. for rent near the ocean!! <3

I am also curious about the area of Texas near the Gulf of Mexico, and also any areas of New Mexico that are near beaches/lakes for swimming. Anybody? ~_^

Old 02-04-2009, 02:37 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,467,383 times
Truth or Consequences, New Mexico has hot springs. It's hard to find lakes in the desert.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:46 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sieren View Post
Thank you all!
San Diego sounds perfect...perhaps I shall have to visit! Is the weather there good for gardening (like vegtables, fruits, berries)? The cost of the things you mentioned are cheaper than I thought they would be, esp. for rent near the ocean!! <3

I am also curious about the area of Texas near the Gulf of Mexico, and also any areas of New Mexico that are near beaches/lakes for swimming. Anybody? ~_^
Yes the weather is excellent for gardening as it rarely goes below freezing and if you live closer to the coast it most likely will never go below freezing. At most 1-3 times a year, if at all, will some inland communities go below freezing. A lot of inland areas grow Avocado's and they can't handle temps below freezing. Water is expensive though as SD imports most of it.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:07 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,593,655 times
Quote:
I'm looking to re-locate to a state that has a warm to hot climate (about 60-90 degrees or so) most of the year, with lower humidity. I don't mind cooler nights/winters, but I'd prefer somewhere that generally has nice weather for outdoor activities. I currently live in WI, and I am sick of the freezing weather and humidity!

I would also prefer somewhere that is known for friendly people, artistic communities, and lots of fun things to do outdoors. Being close to a beach or lake for swimming would be a good bonus too!! Also, a low cost of living would be nice. Tall order, huh? hehe!

So, if anyone knows of or lives in a state/city/area like this, let me know where, and why you like it! So far, I have been considering Texas, New Mexico and Tenesee.

I was thinking about California, but from what I've heard about the general attitude there, I'm not sure. I would prefer somwhere that is known for welcoming people, and more of a small-town attitude, if you know what i mean? Feel free to prove me wrong, though, becuase I do like the climate in CA and have relatives there. ^_^

Thanks in advance!!!
You'll need to move west of the 100h meridian (western Nebraska). Beyond that, you'll need to check places one by one. There are places with mild weather in Idaho and others with severe weather in Arizona and California.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:00 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
I'm looking to re-locate to a state that has a warm to hot climate (about 60-90 degrees or so) most of the year, with lower humidity. I don't mind cooler nights/winters, but I'd prefer somewhere that generally has nice weather for outdoor activities. I currently live in WI, and I am sick of the freezing weather and humidity!

I would also prefer somewhere that is known for friendly people, artistic communities, and lots of fun things to do outdoors. Being close to a beach or lake for swimming would be a good bonus too!! Also, a low cost of living would be nice. Tall order, huh? hehe!

So, if anyone knows of or lives in a state/city/area like this, let me know where, and why you like it! So far, I have been considering Texas, New Mexico and Tenesee.

I was thinking about California, but from what I've heard about the general attitude there, I'm not sure. I would prefer somwhere that is known for welcoming people, and more of a small-town attitude, if you know what i mean? Feel free to prove me wrong, though, becuase I do like the climate in CA and have relatives there. ^_^

Thanks in advance!!!
You dont want humidity but are considering Texas and Tennessee??? hahahhahaha

I suggest you do A LOT more research before you move. Picture the hottest and most humid day in WI that youve ever experienced. Picturing it? Good. Thats the NORMAL Texas and Tennessee summer weather, even more humid though. I would look into Northern New Mexico, sounds about perfect for you.

Old 02-17-2009, 01:25 AM

717 posts, read 2,807,889 times
Tennessee gets pretty hot & humid in the summer--it's not quite as bad temp wise in the Smokey Mountain area during the summer.

I can relate to your post though--having lived in Florida for 8 years now--I love the warm/hot weather--I just don't like our excessively high humidity for 5-6 months of the year. I'm looking for the same thing you are.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:36 AM

1 posts, read 15,285 times
I live in Las Vegas and yes, the average July temperature range is 104 high-78 low. The average January temperature range is 57 high-37 low. This data is from National and Local Weather Forecast, Hurricane, Radar and Report . It rarely reaches freezing mark in Las Vegas, so "tfox" info of 28 average low is incorrect. St. George is very nice and so is Sedona and Prescott in Arizona, both of which are up out of the extreme heat of Phoenix area but not in the cold and snow of Flagstaff. Albuquerque has a very nice year-round climate, too.

Old 02-17-2009, 02:01 PM

128 posts, read 540,783 times
What about Hawaii?? 80-90 degree weather year round, friendly people, beautiful sceneries and beaches. What could you ask for more??

Old 02-28-2009, 05:25 PM

37 posts, read 441,275 times
Wow, lots of great suggestions! Thank you all so much...sorry if I sounded kind of clueless, but I haven't really done much research on geography until now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.