Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 03:03 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times

Advertisements

Id have to disagree, Chicago is alot worse than ATL, from what Ive experienced. Heck, people here drive faster IN THE SNOW than most cities Ive been to. Ever seen a convoy of cars doing 65 in 8" of snow? LOLOL Scares the crap outta me when they do that...

Traffic here is also alot more dense than in ATL, at times its taken me 2.5 hours to go 20 miles. Unbelievable! UGH!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2007, 12:24 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,874,797 times
In my experience it's in L.A...It seems like people there speed like crazy to get to their destination as quickly as possible before the traffic sets in.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:44 AM

2,916 posts, read 11,077,883 times
Default Las Vegas

Don't know if it's still the case with the influx of LA-area transplants in the past years, but Las Vegas, NV, used to puzzle me as to why so many drove so slow, barely breaking 50 mph on I-15 with a clear road ahead. Was it the sun, recent losses at the poker table, or daydreams of a favorite girl at the Glitter Gulch? I'd wonder.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:47 AM

48 posts, read 262,662 times
Orlando, Florida

Interstate-4:

Parking Lot in the morning and afternoon is crazy as well. When the volumes are not up, people are going really fast. Tourists drive too slow to look at all the sites, which is fine. Old people meaning all the retirees either go really fast or really slow. Its a mix of everything in central FL

Old 03-22-2007, 12:50 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,874,797 times
These are probably either Tourists or Newcomers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8 View Post
Don't know if it's still the case with the influx of LA-area transplants in the past years, but Las Vegas, NV, used to puzzle me as to why so many drove so slow, barely breaking 50 mph on I-15 with a clear road ahead. Was it the sun, recent losses at the poker table, or daydreams of a favorite girl at the Glitter Gulch? I'd wonder.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:56 AM

2,916 posts, read 11,077,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy29 View Post
These are probably either Tourists or Newcomers.
It's a logical thought. Out of state plates I'd ignore (and "forgive") as tourists (except CA, I was one), but I'm talking about Nevada plates! Slow as molasses. But this was a few years back. Back then, the fastest cars on Nevada roads had CA plates. Now with so many Californians having moved to Nevada, who knows the diff?

Then again, I've seen it so hot in Las Vegas that the road surface seems to melt and turn oily and slick. Maybe those slow Nevadans knew what they were doing, after all, creeping along at 50 on the Interstate in July.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:28 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Come to the Greater Atlanta area and you will know the meaning of fast. I live there so I should know. To many of the drivers, the speed limit is more of a suggestion to them. By law a pedestrain has the right of way, but that law is either ignored or many drivers just don't know because there aren't many pedestrians in Atlanta. Actress Margaret Mitchell was killed in Atlanta while trying to cross the street. This was back in the old days when crossing the street was safer.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:50 AM

502 posts, read 2,295,755 times
I'd say NJ has both the fastest and the slowest drivers. Most Drivers speed like demons to cut you off then they slow down to 15 miles per hour when they are in front of you! What is that all about?

Old 12-11-2007, 12:32 AM

1 posts, read 2,116 times
Default Cities with the slowest drivers...

I have lived in Denver for over 25 years and I have finally found a place to confirm my long time thoughts about the crappy, slow drivers in Denver! I cannot stand it!!! How can someone drive on an Interstate Highway (I 25 or I 70) and drive 55 mph or less in the left lane!!! I've been and lived throughout this country and there is no worse place for this than Denver! This is more than annoying and I see it every single day! It's outrageous. And, most of the time its those long gravel trucks driving 55 in the left left lane with their loads exposed. This is why we get 5-6 windshield cracks/year because their gravel is spilling onto the highways and bouncing off the pavement and unto your windshield; cracking it. And, have you ever noticed its the slow drivers in denver that are holding up traffic!!! Next time, take notice at all the traffic slowing and congesting behind these slow drivers in the center and left lanes!!!! If you're in the left lane or just plain driving slow on the Interstate, get your "a" out of the way. That's what they make the right hand lane for. Use it or get off the freeway and go to Cracker Barrel or some other "WT" establishment!

Old 12-11-2007, 12:22 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,899,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gms1616 View Post
I have lived in Denver for over 25 years and I have finally found a place to confirm my long time thoughts about the crappy, slow drivers in Denver! I cannot stand it!!! How can someone drive on an Interstate Highway (I 25 or I 70) and drive 55 mph or less in the left lane!!! I've been and lived throughout this country and there is no worse place for this than Denver! This is more than annoying and I see it every single day! It's outrageous. And, most of the time its those long gravel trucks driving 55 in the left left lane with their loads exposed. This is why we get 5-6 windshield cracks/year because their gravel is spilling onto the highways and bouncing off the pavement and unto your windshield; cracking it. And, have you ever noticed its the slow drivers in denver that are holding up traffic!!! Next time, take notice at all the traffic slowing and congesting behind these slow drivers in the center and left lanes!!!! If you're in the left lane or just plain driving slow on the Interstate, get your "a" out of the way. That's what they make the right hand lane for. Use it or get off the freeway and go to Cracker Barrel or some other "WT" establishment!
Maybe they drive slowly because they're waiting for their table at Cracker Barrel, and it gets tiring sitting there for hours.

The day that I left Michigan after Thanksgiving, there were a lot of trucks on I-75 in Oakland County tossing all kinds of crap. Ugh. Brooks Patterson, get those roads fixed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.