Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 01:19 PM

871 posts, read 2,248,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I don't know what you are talking about? My first statement was that if there is any Southern hate for California it would be limited entirely to the extreme types like the white supremacists\ militias\ neo-confederates. I haven't change my mind on that.
no, you said they hate california because they are jealous. youve since retracted that statement

Quote:
The reason some people "hate" [I think that is too strong a term btw] is mainly envy of California.
^after which you rambled on about california's natural beaty and economic influence

Old 04-19-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
I don't consider La Raza or the Black Panthers to be racial hate groups. La Raza is almost entirely academic types who promote the Spanish ancestry before California was a state. And I don't even think the Black Panthers even exist anymore.
you dont have to. they're also about 50 or so known white hate groups in california (skinhead, neo-nazi, and even KKK)

link here

^this link, shows why i was annoyed earlier when you were surprised that michigan had hate groups. if you knew anything about hate groups, it wouldnt surprise you at all. in actuality, these groups are not concentrated in the south at all. youd probaly also be surprised to know the the second resurgence of the KKK was primarily in indiana and ohio.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:43 PM

6,344 posts, read 11,092,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJohnWilson View Post
you dont have to. they're also about 50 or so known white hate groups in california (skinhead, neo-nazi, and even KKK)

link here

^this link, shows why i was annoyed earlier when you were surprised that michigan had hate groups. if you knew anything about hate groups, it wouldnt surprise you at all. in actuality, these groups are not concentrated in the south at all. youd probaly also be surprised to know the the second resurgence of the KKK was primarily in indiana and ohio.
At one time during the 1980's the head Manure Salesman for the Klan aka Grand Lizard lived in Connecticut. I think the town was Shelton.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:54 PM

1,963 posts, read 5,623,744 times
In all honesty, I've encountered very few Southern transplants here in SoCal. A few people from Texas and Atlanta and one guy from New Orleans but that's about it. It's very rare to hear people with a Southern drawl so I don't know if that very fact means that Southerners are reluctant to move here for job opportunities because of a deep-seated dislike for West Coast culture or what. In comparison, I know so many people from other areas like Utah, Colorado, Michigan, NY, Florida, Indiana & Illinois that now make their home in the Southland.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:11 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
Quote:
I don't consider La Raza or the Black Panthers to be racial hate groups. La Raza is almost entirely academic types who promote the Spanish ancestry before California was a state. And I don't even think the Black Panthers even exist anymore.
groups like Skin-heads and neo-nazis are just as bigoted and ruthless as the hate groups in the south as well. Don't act like these type of groups don't exist in CA because they do.

Last edited by blkgiraffe; 04-19-2010 at 02:22 PM..

Old 04-19-2010, 02:13 PM

287 posts, read 498,462 times
Quote:
So white supremacists\ militias\ neo-confederates don't exist in California or other places outside the south? This whole thread is just dumb.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:16 PM

287 posts, read 498,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingGun View Post
In all honesty, I've encountered very few Southern transplants here in SoCal. A few people from Texas and Atlanta and one guy from New Orleans but that's about it. It's very rare to hear people with a Southern drawl so I don't know if that very fact means that Southerners are reluctant to move here for job opportunities because of a deep-seated dislike for West Coast culture or what. In comparison, I know so many people from other areas like Utah, Colorado, Michigan, NY, Florida, Indiana & Illinois that now make their home in the Southland.
It might be becuase it 1000s of miles away and is extremely expensive and not becuase we somehow "hate California". I know a few people who did move from the south to Cali and like it, likewise I know some who moved from Cali to the south.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:13 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,488,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmagoku View Post
It might be becuase it 1000s of miles away and is extremely expensive and not becuase we somehow "hate California". I know a few people who did move from the south to Cali and like it, likewise I know some who moved from Cali to the south.
Most southerners in California migrate from Louisiana and Texas. There's a much smaller exchange with Mississippi.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Most southerners in California migrate from Louisiana and Texas. There's a much smaller exchange with Mississippi.
thats also true vice versa. louisiana has recieved quite a few californias as of late, as has texas

Old 04-19-2010, 04:13 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJohnWilson View Post
no, you said they hate california because they are jealous. youve since retracted that statement

^after which you rambled on about california's natural beaty and economic influence
That is right. Some people are jealous of California [probably a good number in this discussion] but being envious and hating are two very distinct things. I acknowledged that celebrities, in particular, are the target of stalkers & people who have some sort of possession with them that becomes unnatural. It is not at all surprising when an actor [i.e. Sean Penn\ Barbara Streisand, etc.] state how much they deplore Republicans that it is going to create a stir within the GOP. But both those envious of the wealthy [wherever they live] and those who strongly oppose the Democratic party don't necessarily translate into "hate". People who hate tend to fall into another group altogether & generally require close surveillance by the FBI & other law enforcement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.