Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 04:58 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,389,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
See. mhmm.
If you could find the exact passage where I accused you of being wrong then I would have no choice but to tell why I felt you were wrong. Since no exact passage exists, you can't find it and there's nothing to explain.

put up...
Ok, how about the last 3 of your postings:

One:
Quote:
"Either way I find some of CA Sur's rationalizations to be "way out there".
Two:
Quote:
"First you say some southerners hate the west because it abbhors racism, then you go into the people care about CA and are jealous. All of that is wrong".
Three:
Quote:
"Feeble attempt once again to draw attention away from you being wrong. I told you straight up what I thought was wrong. Pseudo-intelligence aside, you have no credibility at all when it comes to the south or anything southern. You sit here and explain things that you know nothing about, that is my issue. The south is much larger than SoCal and is split into more regional sub cultures (not ethnic), yet you think you can generalize that entire region. The minority of the people who fit into your generalizations also exist in CA as well as any other state".
You've claimed I am wrong 6 times in your above words but never explain how I am wrong. They're your words.

Last edited by californio sur; 04-18-2010 at 05:24 PM..

Old 04-18-2010, 05:13 PM

871 posts, read 2,248,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post

One:

Two:
"First you say some southerners hate the west because it abbhors racism, then you go into the people care about CA and are jealous. All of that is wrong".

Three:
"Feeble attempt once again to draw attention away from you being wrong. I told you straight up what I thought was wrong. Pseudo-intelligence aside, you have no credibility at all when it comes to the south or anything southern. You sit here and explain things that you know nothing about, that is my issue. The south is much larger than SoCal and is split into more regional sub cultures (not ethnic), yet you think you can generalize that entire region. The minority of the people who fit into your generalizations also exist in CA as well as any other state".

You've claimed I am wrong 6 times in your above words but never explain how I am wrong. They're your words.
are you really arguing about whether or not he's said that you were wrong? i told you exactly why you were wrong, you should either refute what ive written or move along. who knows, we may now be in agreement

Old 04-18-2010, 05:35 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,487,161 times
Quote:

One:

Two:

Three:

I said that some of your rationalizations are out there. Notice that I was speaking of you in general in that post. I never said that anything you said in this post was wrong at that moment. NO WHERE DOES THAT SAY CALIFORNIA SUR IS WRONG ABOUT.... an notice the keyword SOME.

Notice that eveything else was after you initially accused me of saying you were wrong.
This is when I went back and told you what I thought was wrong, even though I didn't initially acknowledge that you were wrong.

Also note that you just quoted me telling you why I felt you were wrong, invalidating most of your argument with me where you claimed I wouldn't say.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJohnWilson View Post
are you really arguing about whether or not he's said that you were wrong? i told you exactly why you were wrong, you should either refute what ive written or move along. who knows, we may now be in agreement
He won't. He's going to stretch out this petty (if not stupid) argument with me to draw attention away from or to avoid your post.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:20 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,584,255 times
I realize I am just one person, and that I do not speak for all Southerners, but I don't hate California. I have never been there so I can't make that type of judgement. I think it would be cool to visit there, but from what I have been told by a friend who moved to the San Diego area it's very expensive compared to Mississippi.

As for the diverse racial makeup in California, I would welcome that as I don't hate or judge anyone, plus I bet it gives the state a great selection of really good food...

Old 04-18-2010, 07:07 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesco White View Post
Fortunately.. no one, outside of the south, likes the south. And anyone whose worth a damn, doesn't bother to go there anyways.
Sometimes I wish that were true.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:22 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,029,743 times
Simple. California is the land of fruits & nuts.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
I said that some of your rationalizations are out there. Notice that I was speaking of you in general in that post. I never said that anything you said in this post was wrong at that moment. NO WHERE DOES THAT SAY CALIFORNIA SUR IS WRONG ABOUT.... an notice the keyword SOME.

Notice that eveything else was after you initially accused me of saying you were wrong.
This is when I went back and told you what I thought was wrong, even though I didn't initially acknowledge that you were wrong.

Also note that you just quoted me telling you why I felt you were wrong, invalidating most of your argument with me where you claimed I wouldn't say.
You really are a trip. Your words are clear yet you continue to deny them even when I re-post them . And yet you have not once identified where I am "wrong" You got to be better than that. It's your credibility bro.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
He won't. He's going to stretch out this petty (if not stupid) argument with me to draw attention away from or to avoid your post.
You continue to talk about me and not the subject then claim I am doing the same thing. If you are a Republican you sure know your stuff in distorting the truth.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
You continue to talk about me and not the subject then claim I am doing the same thing. If you are a Republican you sure know your stuff in distorting the truth.
Ok, This is my last time addressing this.

First of all I made it clear that I was talking about you and not the topic. I kept trying to get that point across to you. Now, thanks to us the topic is halfway hijacked and pointless.

1. I stated that you had never been to the South and that I found some of your rationalizations are way out there. I was referring to your statements in general. Since I was making a general comment about you to someone else vs. quoting you I felt no need to clarify that unless asked.

2. You get the idea that I'm saying you were wrong.

3. Even though I didn't initially say you were wrong, I went back and told you what I thought was wrong.

4. You claim that I'm accusing you being wrong but I can't say how.

5. I elaborate

6. see 4.

7. petty argument continues

8. I acknowledge that I didn't initially say that you were wrong.

9. You quote me with 5. invalidating 4. in the process.

10. You say I'm twisting things and would make a good republican.

There, I made it as basic as I could for you. It probably won't make a difference to you, but that's how it happened. The previous posts should sum that up. Good night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.