Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 04:23 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
groups like Skin-heads and neo-nazis are just as bigoted and ruthless as the hate groups in the south as well. Don't act like these type of groups don't exist in CA because they do.
Yes maybe neo-nazi's & certainly skin heads do exist but their number compared to the overall population is minuscule. Remember that California has more people than 39 other states combined & Los Angeles is larger than some states. To be a skin-head\ neo-nazi in California is like a pimple on an elephant. They have no influence & instead are chased\ beaten & ran out of town [ie. Los Angeles last Saturday]. BTW, most of those white supremacists had to be ex-con's [just looking at all their provocative tattoos & stupidity to walk into a crowd - total losers]. There's no sympathy whatsoever for neo-confederates & even to suggest such means you have no idea what California stands for.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:37 PM

287 posts, read 498,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Yes maybe neo-nazi's & certainly skin heads do exist but their number compared to the overall population is minuscule. Remember that California has more people than 39 other states combined & Los Angeles is larger than some states. To be a skin-head\ neo-nazi in California is like a pimple on an elephant. They have no influence & instead are chased\ beaten & ran out of town [ie. Los Angeles last Saturday]. BTW, most of those white supremacists had to be ex-con's [just looking at all their provocative tattoos & stupidity to walk into a crowd - total losers]. There's no sympathy whatsoever for neo-confederates & even to suggest such means you have no idea what California stands for.

Dude,do you have stats suggesting the entire region of the south east has more hate groups then California or any other region or are you just going of T.V. and movies.You sound like drunk in bar talking **** about things he only barely "heard" about.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:39 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,488,704 times
Quote:
If your assuming that all skin-heads and neo nazi's stick out then you need to read some more. A good number of them more than likely blend in with the general pop. and aren't radical.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:40 PM

287 posts, read 498,462 times
Quote:
That is right. Some people are jealous of California [probably a good number in this discussion] but being envious and hating are two very distinct things. I acknowledged that celebrities, in particular, are the target of stalkers & people who have some sort of possession with them that becomes unnatural. It is not at all surprising when an actor [i.e. Sean Penn\ Barbara Streisand, etc.] state how much they deplore Republicans that it is going to create a stir within the GOP. But both those envious of the wealthy [wherever they live] and those who strongly oppose the Democratic party don't necessarily translate into "hate". People who hate tend to fall into another group altogether & generally require close surveillance by the FBI & other law enforcement.

I am still waiting to know what southerners are sitting around giving enough damn about California to "hate" on it and what makes you think they do? You are just talking out of your ass or going of some retarded hearsay.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmagoku View Post
I am still waiting to know what southerners are sitting around giving enough damn about California to "hate" on it and what makes you think they do? You are just talking out of your ass or going of some retarded hearsay.

Naive, huh?

Old 04-19-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmagoku View Post
Typically the hayseeds go berserk & why the South has such a negative image. It always ends up with confederates claiming that other regions of the nation also have hate groups\ white supremacist\ kkk types. It is deplorable when you bring the discussion down to the worst people as a defense for the South! Yes, we all know that there are crazy dangerous racists all over the U.S. but if you are suggesting that these groups have the same influence in California\ Northeast\ Northwest\ Great Lakes, etc. as they do in the South than you are getting absurdly defensive. Let's at least be for real.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post

Naive, huh?
Frankly I used to have respect for you but this thread seems to have brought out another side that isn't very appealing. Or is this some sort of Southern good o boy defense mechanism? Do you fly the confederate flag?

Old 04-19-2010, 05:07 PM

2,684 posts, read 7,385,389 times
Wow..how did this thread turn to political so quickly?

I, as a Californian, harbor no ill feelings toward any other part of the United States since each part together makes America as great as it is. I haven't had much Southern food before, but from what I've seen and heard, Southern BBQ and Southern Soul Food look like the perfect type of comfort food Sometime this winter/next spring, I'm planning an I-10 road trip to Florida to see the greatness of the Southern half of the United States.

I really don't think any other part of the country has a monopoly on hating the other part. I don't see how its possible that over 100 million people could hate a place that is over 1000 miles away universally. It's not like people are indoctrinated by their educational system to hate California, nor is it in California's school system to hate anyone else. Free will and individuals determine that.

However, I don't usually extrapolate one person's feelings about a place as a generalization about how all people where that person is from feels. Whatever happened in the past, should stay in the past and should be studied as such, not as an indicator of what people may or may not do in the future.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Frankly I used to have respect for you but this thread seems to have brought out another side that isn't very appealing. Or is this some sort of Southern good o boy defense mechanism? Do you fly the confederate flag?
No, I rarely even see confederate flags.
I have to admit that I haven't been as serious as I should be in this thread though. I've made some off comments and for that I apologize, but you'll never see me arguing a position I know nothing about.

Your views of skin heads in CA vs. the south do seem naive to me, so if honest opinion causes me to lose some respect then so be it. It seems as if your trying to make things cut and dry when they aren't. How do you know how these groups and their supporters operate in a part of the world you've never been to? How do you know the number of people in CA or the south that share opinions with radical groups, but keep it hidden?

Old 04-19-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
No, I rarely even see confederate flags.
I have to admit that I haven't been as serious as I should be in this thread though. I've made some off comments and for that I apologize, but you'll never see me arguing a position I know nothing about.

Your views of skin heads in CA vs. the south do seem naive to me, so if honest opinion causes me to lose some respect then so be it. It seems as if your trying to make things cut and dry when they aren't. How do you know how these groups and their supporters operate in a part of the world you've never been to? How do you know the number of people in CA or the south that share opinions with radical groups, but keep it hidden?
I appreciate you preliminary comments & recall other threads where I admired your comments. I know you are not a neo-confederate & why I am getting a bit confused by your comments or support of those who appear to be neo-confederates.

But it doesn't take rocket science for Americans to know where racial discord has festered the worse. Believe it or not but the Civil War still is a sore issue with some Southerns [i.e. recent proclaimation from governor of Virginia]. My feeling is that the vast number of Southerners were not the former "Dixiecrats" & now the teabaggers. These groups have a disturbingly loud voice in the South however & need to be carefully monitored by the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.