Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 02:26 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,101,643 times

Advertisements

Dude please nobody ever said Augusta was better at everything... I just laugh at some of the comments made by people from the Columbus area...

I'm not the one bringing up the Grove for instance and trying to compare it against the VAR... I would never try to fool people if a project in Augusta was proposed in 2010, hasn't even started construction, and according to the developer will take atleast ten years to complete...

I only decided to check out the details on those projects, because some of the people from Columbus tend to exaggerate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
The 23,000 people are here. Why do you keep denying that they aren't?? Just be glad it wasn't the 30,000 that were predicted. I am sure you are happy to see that 7,000 didn't come to fruition. Put it this way, Columbus will regain its status as the #2 city before long. You can't have that many people come and not regain its status. BTW, Columbus' metro population is 301,000+. If you add in Lee County, Alabama (which is its own metro), there is another 140,000. It just so happens to be that Auburn/Opelika is large enough to have its own metro even though it touches the Columbus metro. A/O is only 20-25 mins from downtown Columbus.
BTW, I, along with many others, are tired of hearing your same post quoting "115 acre Village at Riverwatch, Wheeler Town Park, 25 acre shopping center, non stop flights to DC, $172 million Starbucks plant, $115 million Rockwood Plant"
Columbus has something comparable to that as well....I am sure Savannah and Macon do as well.
You guys can't even provide the correct MSA population, and always bring up surrounding counties to make your area seem bigger.. The 2010 census the MSA of Columbus was only 294,865 and not 301k...

American FactFinder - Results
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 02:28 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,653,289 times
LOL that's all I can say

Old 07-23-2012, 02:31 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,653,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
Augusta is ok.
Exactly what we are all saying.

Looks like you are in Tokyo, much rather be there than anywhere. Just got back from HK, Macau, Beijing, and Shanghai. Amazing places. Tokyo is definitely on the list.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:32 PM

1,327 posts, read 1,912,498 times
I was born and raised in Augusta GA, You all have seen my ideas to improve the city. You all sit by and bash each other while millions of people are predicted to move to this state in the future. The point is we should be elevating and uplifting each others city not bashing them. I don't know about you guys but I don't want to be the one paying for millions of additional people moving to the Atlanta region, it's your taxes, highway infrastructure, water rates, and jobs. Whether Augusta, Savannah, or Columbus become the next great southern city the fact remains, it will help the state, because the engine of Atlanta is not going to stop anytime soon. I am taking a stand to make my town more competitive, because I don't want to live in a nightmare. The Atlanta Metro area in the next 30 years is scheduled to become the 6th maybe even 5th largest in the country. Our road ways can not handle it, so its cities like Columbus, Augusta, and Savannah that must pull from this mass.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:40 PM

998 posts, read 1,549,872 times
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-A5j71oQRZl.../screwball.jpg

http://www.methodshop.com/picts/500-facts/donkey.jpg

And now for something completely different - YouTube

Both cities are heading in the right direction after years, if not decades of neglect!

Old 07-23-2012, 03:12 PM

841 posts, read 1,402,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatt.marine1 View Post
I was born and raised in Augusta GA, You all have seen my ideas to improve the city. You all sit by and bash each other while millions of people are predicted to move to this state in the future. The point is we should be elevating and uplifting each others city not bashing them. I don't know about you guys but I don't want to be the one paying for millions of additional people moving to the Atlanta region, it's your taxes, highway infrastructure, water rates, and jobs. Whether Augusta, Savannah, or Columbus become the next great southern city the fact remains, it will help the state, because the engine of Atlanta is not going to stop anytime soon. I am taking a stand to make my town more competitive, because I don't want to live in a nightmare. The Atlanta Metro area in the next 30 years is scheduled to become the 6th maybe even 5th largest in the country. Our road ways can not handle it, so its cities like Columbus, Augusta, and Savannah that must pull from this mass.

I agree 100%, Atlanta is not going to stop its vaccum anytime soon; all of Georgia 2nd tier should be working together to attract some of that growth from Atlanta; Hopefully Macon can get some of that spawl since its closer to Atlanta.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:14 PM

2,856 posts, read 4,619,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Exactly what we are all saying.

Looks like you are in Tokyo, much rather be there than anywhere. Just got back from HK, Macau, Beijing, and Shanghai. Amazing places. Tokyo is definitely on the list.

Yes in the Shinagawa District...going to Roponggi later on to Hard Rock!

Old 07-23-2012, 05:01 PM

614 posts, read 1,101,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
It's all pretty much a cripple fight and is quite amusing if nothing else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia