Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2013, 05:39 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,105,419 times

Advertisements

What on EARTH about Real Housewives of Atlanta would actually make someone WANT to move there? While, of course, the show is not representative of how all of Atlanta is, it does make Atlanta look trashy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 01:10 PM

23,473 posts, read 44,128,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
What on EARTH about Real Housewives of Atlanta would actually make someone WANT to move there? While, of course, the show is not representative of how all of Atlanta is, it does make Atlanta look trashy.
Um, why would anyone but an imbecile believe that there is any semblance of reality to it? It doesn't make Atlanta look like anything. Please.

Old 06-15-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Um, why would anyone but an imbecile believe that there is any semblance of reality to it? It doesn't make Atlanta look like anything. Please.
That's the point. You're giving people too much credit.

You can clearly see from the post below that some people actually do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanitasanders View Post
I live in Anchorage, Alaska right now.... I have always been infatuated with Atlanta, especially since the Real Housewives of Atlanta. I am thinking about moving to Atlanta and I don't want to move to a crime ridden, bad neighborhood. I am single, a hard worker and have a grandson coming with me who is three, that will need daycare. Please help

Old 06-16-2013, 04:46 PM

23,473 posts, read 44,128,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
That's the point. You're giving people too much credit.

You can clearly see from the post below that some people actually do.
Like I said, only an imbecile...

Old 06-25-2013, 01:32 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,427,482 times
It certainly has helped advertise the "Great Black Hype" that people seem to think Atlanta is becoming.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:26 PM

People get picky over words, so I guess it's just best to say the show doesn't do Atlanta justice. The main concern should be WHY would that show make anyone want to move anywhere? It's just a bunch of drama, cheating, backstabbing, "messy" type of behavior? Who in their right mind says, "Yeah, now THAT'S what I want to be around!"

Old 06-26-2013, 11:14 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,427,482 times
"in their right mind" being operative here

Old 07-01-2013, 08:28 PM

1 posts, read 3,409 times
Default Looking forward to moving to georgia

Hello , I am going to be a future college student looking to be in a quiet cheap and safe area of Georgia. I'm also looking for a some what cheap nursing school in a quiet neighborhood close to where i'll be living. Please give me suggestions please.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:12 AM

1 posts, read 3,237 times
Hello Community! I am in need of assistance. I have been doing my research, but feel I should ask the source "Georgia's residence" where a family with a young son (one), looking for a close community feeling with a tad of city life should relocate in GA? I live in California and seriously believe I have out grown here. I would highly appreciate any advice that may be given and if you could recommend a city with a great hospital, that'd be a bonus! I am in the education field, my husband is in the Motorcycle sale industry and my brother in law is a great Mechanic. We'd love to open up a business (Mexican restaurant or Body shop) so any positive advice is Higly welcomed and appreciated.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:18 AM

10,396 posts, read 11,518,375 times
Try Gainesville in Hall County in Northeast Georgia on the outskirts of the encroaching Atlanta region.

The close community feeling that you are looking for is especially evident during autumn when the entire diverse Gainesville community comes together to get behind and cheer-on the outstanding Gainesville Red Elephants high school football program at City Park.

With the city being home to the large Northeast Georgia Medical Center hospital and with the city being very-diverse (Gainesville has one of the largest Latino populations in the state of Georgia) and at the very far-outer edges of the encroaching Atlanta region (over 50 miles from Downtown Atlanta), small townish-Gainesville in scenic Northeast Georgia may be worth taking a look at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia