Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2013, 07:54 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
It's funny how race threads get shut down on CD, unless of course the topic is black women. But then again, I guess we know exactly where the mods stand on this topic.

The higher obesity rates are a fair factor to point out. Women of all races who are obese are less attractive to people who would otherwise be interested, and have a worse attitude as well (lots of studies show a correlation between obesity and depression, especially in women). Add to this normalized, institutional racism in the US, hypergamy (black women are more educated and more affluent than black men) and a lower overall desire to date interracially, you can see why black women date less.
Black women don't earn more then black men tho. They just are in college and graduate more. But that's the case for women of all races

Old 01-25-2013, 08:22 AM

632 posts, read 1,030,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Black women are generally darker than Arab and other Asian women. They are also portrayed as loud and aggressive. Both traits are not seen as highly desirable by many men. Also their features, broad flat nose, for instance. Why this standard isn't also applied to black males, however, is interesting. I guess black males make up for it by being seen as hyper-masculine and confident, the latter being a positive trait for males. Whether it's racist or not probably depends on your point of view. Some people will say it's just preference, while others will argue that preference is innately racist. While there's nothing wrong with not dating a race, I'd probably agree there is at least a hint of racism in it, racism which society finds acceptable and defends.
Good post.

I dont think its about looks because I know and have seen black women who are ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL.

I mean, just look at this pic of Gugu Mbatha-Raw:

This gal is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. No way anyone in the world can say black women are "less" beautiful or desirable than any other race of women.

I think the key is how American Black Women are often portrayed and how they often act. You get the Real Housewife of Atlanta types with the side-to-side head and neck movements, the "yall be...", "Im fenda..." and "You so molded...." types are the ones that are to be avoided. Not because they arent physically beautiful, its because of the attitudes and how they ACT which makes them undesirable.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:25 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
. Many men hold the stereotype of African-American women as loud, rude and aggressive.
But some stereotypes have some form of legitimacy. AA women are loud, and they can be unnecessarily rude just for the thrill of making a scene. There are many black men on youtube who talk about this.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I am not black but have a number of back male friends whom are frustrated them selves with back women so they are choosing to date other ethnic groups quite openly
Or they're going to Brazil to date black women who have been raised differently then American black women.

Brazil Documentary Frustrated - YouTube

Old 01-25-2013, 08:33 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capablanca View Post
Good post.

I dont think its about looks because I know and have seen black women who are ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL.

I mean, just look at this pic of Gugu Mbatha-Raw:

This gal is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. No way anyone in the world can say black women are "less" beautiful or desirable than any other race of women.

I think the key is how American Black Women are often portrayed and how they often act. You get the Real Housewife of Atlanta types with the side-to-side head and neck movements, the "yall be...", "Im fenda..." and "You so molded...." types are the ones that are to be avoided. Not because they arent physically beautiful, its because of the attitudes and how they ACT which makes them undesirable.
You do know that this chick is biracial, she's only half black.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:38 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,283,808 times
Being a black male, who hasn't a lot of black women to choose from, feels that black women are single because of themselves. I'm from the South and many of the black women tend to date other thug black men. Even thug black men are dating white women who are attracted to that thug lifestyle. The amount of times I've seen an attractive black woman where I live is not even in the same ball park as I've seen with white or asian. It's all about geographical location and where you are located.

If you live in the northern hemisphere, you will see a lot more educated black women. In the south, you see way more single black women who are struggling with their baby daddy being in prison. I'm a product of just that, so I know it happens. Also, obesity runs wild in the south among black women. It's much easier to find an average weight white woman than you could ever find an average weight black woman. It's the law of averages, and in the south, black women lose if they aren't at the very top of their game....

Old 01-25-2013, 08:42 AM

365 posts, read 644,780 times
I was in DC for the Inauguration festivities. I honestly met and passed bare minimum 100 Black women I would consider marriage worthy. That is a low estimate. Beautiful, educated, the whole nine yards.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:46 AM

632 posts, read 1,030,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
You do know that this chick is biracial, she's only half black.
So is the President
So is Halle Berry
So is Alicia Keyes
So is Lisa Bonet
So is Jordan Sparks
So is Faith Evans (Notorious BIG's wife)
So is Mariah Carey

Black is black.

I'd also like to add, it seems that only blacks seem to care about a person's "level of blackness" in determining if they are truly "black". This is ridiculous.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I've read many threads in P&OC about how Black women have a tougher time dating and getting married than white or Asian women.

Is it the skin color or something else? If darker skin is "bad", the same thing doesn't seem to hurt Asians or Arabs tho Arabs are still "white".
From my observations:

• For one, black women have a serious problem with obesity. The obesity rates are the highest among AA women and the sad part about it is that black women don't even care which is why you never see black women in the gym or outside working out in a park. Black women rather spend $300 getting their hair done then spend 20 a month on a gym membership.

• Too many black women have a hood/ghetto mentality which in the long run is self defeating. No self respecting man wants a Newport smoking, Ciroc drinking, red weave wearing loud mouth as a wife.

• When it comes to HIV, black women have the highest rates of the virus.

Black Women Have High Rates of HIV in 6 Cities

HIV Among Black Women 5 Times Higher Than Previously Thought: Study

Old 01-25-2013, 08:50 AM

365 posts, read 644,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capablanca View Post
I'd also like to add, it seems that only blacks seem to care about a person's "level of blackness" in determining if they are truly "black". This is ridiculous.
Actually I have seen many white men say the patent line: "I'm not usually into Black girls but I like the girls with some white in them."

The 1 drop rule is deep within the Black community and the rest of Black Diaspora. That is a whole other long conversation. lol

But yes Gugu Mbatha-Raw is gorgeous. I would love to claim her on many levels. I love Black women with British accents anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.