Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2013, 12:23 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickytoffee View Post
Are there long lines of black women trying to be with you and be touched by your "10 foot pole"? I don't think you'll ever have to be "worried" by this.
Seriously! His views are so limited. LOL.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:24 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,856,485 times
It seems that you see more black men dating white women than white men dating black women.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:25 PM

121 posts, read 121,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Nope, not at all. I found it cute though typically ignorant.

Attitude and much assumption on your part?
No. mostly I see attitude on your part. You know, the kind that guys were talking about upthread.

Feel free to keep proving their point.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:25 PM

211 posts, read 172,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston1963 View Post
Bob, dude Seriously!!!

You have nothing against blacks but you would shoot your own kids if they hooked up with a black woman? I'm no Einstein, but that sounds like you DO have something against blacks. I tend to not shoot people over the trivial.
I am not very selective about friends and acquaintances. I will talk and joke with anybody who has something interesting to say. I am, however, very selective about who I bring into my inner circle. As it should be.

Quote:

On to Obama. You know why people identify with him (as black also)? Because he is not the same old same old, occupying the white house. How does that song from sesame street go... one of these things is not like the other...

Frankly, I don't care if dude is 1/3333333333333332nd black. He is someone that the electorate can identify with. The only thing "trickle down economics" ever did was to have the rich white people pee on the backs of the middle class and tell them it was raining.

That doesn't fly anymore.

Also, regarding the economy, I don't think any president in history could have done as well as Obama has done given the mess he inherited. And this is coming from somebody who voted for Reagan.
There is no question that there are a lot of things that have gotten screwed up over the last 50 years. Mostly social things, but some economic.

But for all the bad things people say about trickle-down economics, I would rather have things the way they were about 12 to 15 years ago than I would under our current collectivist regime.

Remember, two straws broke the camel's back. One, throwing endless money away at government housing programs. The Democrats own this one no matter what anybody says. Two, fruitless wars. Republicans and neocons and their love of Israel own this one. ... Really, it's a repeat of the 1970's.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Are there long lines of black women trying to be with you and be touched by your "10 foot pole"? I don't think you'll ever have to be "worried" by this.
Black chicks always liked me. They like funny white guys.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:29 PM

121 posts, read 121,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
The comment about shooting kids was scary. As for Obama, it seems you've fallen under the spell. That's the scary thing about politicians. The rich have done better under Obama than anybody else, by far. Politicans have an amazing ability to get people to think they're something different from what they actually are, and Obama is better than most. But that's another discussion.
I am a 50 year old man. I don't fall under spells.

What I do is pay attention when people unmask themselves. This includes women and republicans. Women have unmasked themselves with their **** poor attitudes so I have quit them. Republicans unmasked themselves by teaming up with a bunch of loud mouthed tea baggers and radio hosts that tried to paint my unemployment as the primary cause of the USA's financial woes.

!@#$ them.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
I am a 50 year old man. I don't fall under spells.

What I do is pay attention when people unmask themselves. This includes women and republicans. Women have unmasked themselves with their **** poor attitudes so I have quit them. Republicans unmasked themselves by teaming up with a bunch of loud mouthed tea baggers and radio hosts that tried to paint my unemployment as the primary cause of the USA's financial woes.
You either have fallen under their spell, or you are a shill who was never a Republican. Making sense of the national budget has been something people have been screaming about since the Reagan years. The same people you call "tea baggers" are the ones who voted for Reagan, gave rise to Perot and threw out the Democrats in Congress in 2010. They are also the same people who are going to make either Rand Paul or Jim DeMint our next President.

A big jug of peanut butter was was about $6 a few years ago. Now it's $11. There is no such thing as a free lunch. You cannot keep printing money and giving stuff away for free forever.

We are hopping mad at everybody and we have every right to be.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:37 PM

445 posts, read 864,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzyteBob View Post
Black chicks always liked me. They like funny white guys.
This statement assumes 2 things:
1. That you are funny.
2. You know what black women like.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
This statement assumes 2 things:
1. That you are funny.
2. You know what black women like.
Okay, then. Would you prefer if I said they're easy and will go with anybody?

Old 01-26-2013, 12:40 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
No. mostly I see attitude on your part. You know, the kind that guys were talking about upthread.

Feel free to keep proving their point.
Of course, you want to try hard to peg me. However, the reality is that I come from a different cultural background and married into the different culture. It's just frustrating to you that you cannot and thus, your attitude.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 01-26-2013 at 12:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates