Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2013, 12:13 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
To be fair though, I don't think the goal should be to expand out discrimination, treating people poorly, etc. I also have to laugh at "they dare not say anything about it." We hear about little else these days.
No one said the goal should be to expand out discrimination. However, people shouldn't act like they are the only victims or as though they were the first to endure something when they were not. You hear about little else? Not sure about that but I suppose it's what you decide to consume yourself with.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:14 PM

121 posts, read 121,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzyteBob View Post
I realize this is way off topic, but we hit an economic wall in 2007. It is very disturbing to me that after getting that close to economic collapse that NOBODY is serious about fixing the problems in this country. Everybody just wants to continue to party while believing someone's slogans.

Or as someone in the media put it so brilliantly, Michael Jackson and Burt Reynolds (who both filed bankruptcy) didn't have a money problem, they had a spending problem.

That's why I'm a big fan of laying everything out there and being real. It's the only way people are going to understand that there's no free lunch.

It works just as well with race relations and that's why I'm being honest about why I wouldn't touch a black woman with a 10 foot pole ... and why my parents (and I'm still scared of them in middle age) would shoot me if I did, as I would my own kids. I have nothing against blacks as people, but all the other baggage they bring to the table.

Bob, dude Seriously!!!

You have nothing against blacks but you would shoot your own kids if they hooked up with a black woman? I'm no Einstein, but that sounds like you DO have something against blacks. I tend to not shoot people over the trivial.

On to Obama. You know why people identify with him (as black also)? Because he is not the same old same old, occupying the white house. How does that song from sesame street go... one of these things is not like the other...

Frankly, I don't care if dude is 1/3333333333333332nd black. He is someone that the electorate can identify with. The only thing "trickle down economics" ever did was to have the rich white people pee on the backs of the middle class and tell them it was raining.

That doesn't fly anymore.

Also, regarding the economy, I don't think any president in history could have done as well as Obama has done given the mess he inherited. And this is coming from somebody who voted for Reagan.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:15 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,948,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
No one said the goal should be to expand out discrimination. However, people shouldn't act like they are the only victims or as though they were the first to endure something when they were not. You hear about little else? Not sure about that but I suppose it's what you decide to consume yourself with.
I was exaggerating. That's why I put the .

Old 01-26-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
I was exaggerating. That's why I put the .
Oops! Sorry about that!

Old 01-26-2013, 12:17 PM

121 posts, read 121,440 times
Quote:
Awwwwww...since the 1970s. Pobrecitos. I'm sure other groups have been enduring that for far longer in the US of A. But they dare not say anything about it...

Attitude much?

Old 01-26-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Oops! Sorry about that!
No worries.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:20 PM

211 posts, read 172,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickytoffee View Post
Who started this thread? I'm puzzled too by this obsession with black women's romantic lives. If you don't want to date black women then you don't have to. You don't need a reason or an excuse or list all the ways black women are terrible. If you like to date black women and notice other men may not or whatever, you are still free to continue dating black women.
I agree ... but the only way to get some insight about what people are thinking is to allow people to freely express their opinions.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston1963 View Post
Attitude much?
Nope, not at all. I found it cute though typically ignorant.

Attitude and much assumption on your part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston1963 View Post
Bob, dude Seriously!!!

You have nothing against blacks but you would shoot your own kids if they hooked up with a black woman? I'm no Einstein, but that sounds like you DO have something against blacks. I tend to not shoot people over the trivial.

On to Obama. You know why people identify with him (as black also)? Because he is not the same old same old, occupying the white house. How does that song from sesame street go... one of these things is not like the other...

Frankly, I don't care if dude is 1/3333333333333332nd black. He is someone that the electorate can identify with. The only thing "trickle down economics" ever did was to have the rich white people pee on the backs of the middle class and tell them it was raining.

That doesn't fly anymore.

Also, regarding the economy, I don't think any president in history could have done as well as Obama has done given the mess he inherited. And this is coming from somebody who voted for Reagan.
The comment about shooting kids was scary. As for Obama, it seems you've fallen under the spell. That's the scary thing about politicians. The rich have done better under Obama than anybody else, by far. Politicans have an amazing ability to get people to think they're something different from what they actually are, and Obama is better than most. But that's another discussion.

445 posts, read 864,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzyteBob View Post
I realize this is way off topic, but we hit an economic wall in 2007. It is very disturbing to me that after getting that close to economic collapse that NOBODY is serious about fixing the problems in this country. Everybody just wants to continue to party while believing someone's slogans.

Or as someone in the media put it so brilliantly, Michael Jackson and Burt Reynolds (who both filed bankruptcy) didn't have a money problem, they had a spending problem.

That's why I'm a big fan of laying everything out there and being real. It's the only way people are going to understand that there's no free lunch.

It works just as well with race relations and that's why I'm being honest about why I wouldn't touch a black woman with a 10 foot pole ... and why my parents (and I'm still scared of them in middle age) would shoot me if I did, as I would my own kids. I have nothing against blacks as people, but all the other baggage they bring to the table.
Are there long lines of black women trying to be with you and be touched by your "10 foot pole"? I don't think you'll ever have to be "worried" by this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.