Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2013, 02:31 PM

26 posts, read 39,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And even many Black Protestant families have stable family structures. The unstable family structures are more common among the poor...
THIS! Family stability in America is more of a socioeconomic issue than an ethnic one.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:55 PM

121 posts, read 121,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
I'm only pegging myself as someone of another culture who has married in another culture, who disagreed with your sort of attempt to play the victim/race card. Of course, based on that, you have a desire to peg me but you simply can't.
you are delusional

Old 01-26-2013, 02:56 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston1963 View Post
Are other old ass white guys allowed to play?

This is actually a pretty fair question. Maybe one in need of it's own thread.
Sure! I know men that know why people of color are in such a rot, I would like to hear what the remedy would be.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:05 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzyteBob View Post
This is going to be a large hurdle for you guys to overcome because of your family situation. Let me tell you how it works in ethnic communities: Families help each other with money - either loans or gifts. That's why you see a lot of Indians in certain businesses ... they pool their money together and go into business. That's how my family got ahead ... we lived rent free with my grandparents for two years, then in an apartment he owned for another three years. My parents were able to save up and build a new house (my dad was in construction - he built it himself). Never had any kind of a mortgage. Likewise when going into business ... some family money that got paid back.

I think that is the main thing that holds you people behind. Your family structure is a mess and so many collect government checks which means they can't have anything. You also don't have the history of doing things in this manner so its another hurdle to overcome.

That said, I am a big fan of real estate right now. It;s a good start for someone with limited capital who isn't afraid to work. A lot of blacks are decent handymen and a lot of these inner city houses are going dirt cheap. A little bit of initiative and some elbow grease and you have a good way to start and build for something bigger without a lot of money.
Thank you, I could appreciate your insight however I am not black. However our ideologies differ. You may be on to something, I feel you may be holding back.

Last edited by SPECFRCE; 01-26-2013 at 03:15 PM..

Old 01-26-2013, 03:05 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston1963 View Post
you are delusional
LOL! More attitude! Too funny!

Old 01-26-2013, 03:07 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,948,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyforever View Post
THIS! Family stability in America is more of a socioeconomic issue than an ethnic one.
It's definitely a socioeconomic issue, though unfortunately blacks are most severely affected by it in a negative way.

I think a lot of men don't want to get together with women who have already had children with other men, and to the extent that a higher percentage of black women are in this situation, it would most likely affect the type of man they are able to attract.

But this is not an issue with racial boundaries. It is a socioeconomic issue.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:22 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,432 times
Lightbulb Bob, Bob, Bob...You Just Don't Get It

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzyteBob View Post
So what you're saying is that if you're black, you have special privileges and you're allowed to mock "Bill the forklift operator, Mike the plumber or Chuck the longshoremen". But if I'm white, I have to act like a limp-wristed liberal consumed with white guilt and I'm not allowed to make cracks about "LaToya the beautician, Tangilique the government employee or LaQuesia the baby momma"?

Whenever you people start bleating on about racism, people like me all laugh. We know there is no such thing going on. It's just another tactic to control people and keep them from speaking their minds.
I am an Army veteran, and I'm not anybody's limp-wristed ANYTHING...and by the way, you may need to find some other term than 'you people'...we stopped giving a s**t about that one so long ago, it ain't even funny

You remind me of some pathetic, overheated schoolyard bully, who is just one good country a**-whippin' away from NOT being able to bully anyone anymore...I've never HAD special privilleges, never ASKED for them, never NEEDED them...'whooooosh!'---that was the sound of THAT weak attempt at sterotyping being flushed...got any more?

This thread started with noble intent...the original topic was, as I stated earlier, the alleged lack of worth of black women in the dating world, and for a while it was going OK...but then you came rushing in with a bunch of mouth and hot air (NONE of which I'll bet you and your 'ethnic bada**' self could back up in the real world) and suddenly, everybody is barking at each other like rabid dogs

What you ultimately fail to realize is, you are NOT in ANY position of authority over myself or anyone else here...you have just as much right as anyone here to express your opinion, but don't get your tutu twisted when people start telling you to kiss their a**es because you're spouting off a bunch of whiny, sniveling stereotypes, and weak-willie political junk...really, is making snide comments about the president, that most of us here have heard before, the best you've got?

In short, to close, when I sign off here tonight, just like last night, I will go up the stairs of my beautiful 3-bede, 3 bath ranch house, in a nice neighborhood, gotten through the sweat of my and my wife's brow and hard work, have a great meal cooked by my lovely, educated black wife, and contemplate another bountiful, prosperous year together...

You'll note that nowhere in that list, was there any time alloted to worry about the chatroom opinions of some amateur s**t-stirrer, who frankly doesn't even cook the food that makes me take a dump on a cold winter morning...try your 'bleating' on someone who actually gives a fly-fart in a sandwich bag about your pseudo-rage

Old 01-26-2013, 03:22 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
It's definitely a socioeconomic issue, though unfortunately blacks are most severely affected by it in a negative way.

I think a lot of men don't want to get together with women who have already had children with other men, and to the extent that a higher percentage of black women are in this situation, it would most likely affect the type of man they are able to attract.

But this is not an issue with racial boundaries. It is a socioeconomic issue.
Good points. The issue is that these children have fathers, and there are just as many men with children as women. Often they just don't claim them and/or going after those women without children. This may sound harsh but women without children need to reject these men that have children with different women without marrying any of them. Not to mention, many of these fatherless children who grow up in single parent homes often grow up not knowing how to deal with the opposite sex and not knowing how/desiring to be in healthy relationships.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:37 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,948,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Good points. The issue is that these children have fathers, and there are just as many men with children as women. Often they just don't claim them and/or going after those women without children. This may sound harsh but women without children need to reject these men that have children with different women without marrying any of them. Not to mention, many of these fatherless children who grow up in single parent homes often grow up not knowing how to deal with the opposite sex and not knowing how/desiring to be in healthy relationships.
I couldn't agree with you more. To get involved with a man who has children he's not involved in raising is asking for trouble. If he'll do that to other women, he'll do it to you too. Raising children is not a one-person job, financially or in any other way. I think too many women have the idea that they need to be 'strong' and not 'need' a man to raise their kids with them. But it's not about that. It's much better for the kids in every way to have both parents involved, unless one of them is abusive.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:44 PM

445 posts, read 864,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
To put it bluntly: because they are physically unattractive.

No, I'm not a "racist" who hates black people either. I'm just telling it like it is. They have ugly facial features, and I have not met a single black woman in my life who I have considered "pretty."
I guess this is what Packerd fan wanted to know. He can rest easy now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.