Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2015, 09:12 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times

Advertisements

I have a feeling that the OP has appeared on a blog like this somewhere on the internet: Behind closed ovens - kitchenette

Old 05-05-2015, 09:17 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,734,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
OP, my question is this: If eating out at restaurants is always such a disappointment, why do you continue to frequent them? Seems like you'd be happier cooking the food yourself, exactly the way you want it.

BTW, I googled Springs1 and was pretty horrified by some of your abusive posts on other forums. I'm sure the moderators won't allow that kind of stuff here.
But she'd have no one to blame

Old 05-05-2015, 09:31 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boystuition View Post
Your response to my post makes no sense whatsoever but I understand you had to pile on me too since I was the only person who came to the OP's defense. And I still call bull**** on everyone here who says they have never had a server skate away before they or someone else at their table was finished with their requests. This has absolutely nothing to do with me being in a hurry. Also BS on anyone saying they don't care if their food comes not as requested since they are so carefree, friendly and easy going that they'll just eat anything served.

The OP might be a bit verbose and this is certainly not a great debate but at least be honest.

If you cannot understand what I wrote that is your issue not mine but do carry on.
The waiting time for my Husband to finish getting ready so we can leave the house is being taken up by this thread.
I've still got a few minutes, maybe you will understand it by the time I leave.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:03 AM

367 posts, read 458,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
Restaurant Servers: blah blah
What do you do for a living?
I want to air out my list of minor little things about people in your profession.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica2099 View Post
What do you do for a living?
I want to air out my list of minor little things about people in your profession.
Or post things OP would complain about with any profession/service

Wonder how she handles dry cleaner/TSA Agents/Salvation Army Bell Ringers during Holidays

Old 05-05-2015, 10:08 AM

92 posts, read 225,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
If you cannot understand what I wrote that is your issue not mine but do carry on.
The waiting time for my Husband to finish getting ready so we can leave the house is being taken up by this thread.
I've still got a few minutes, maybe you will understand it by the time I leave.

Convenient response because you can't defend the illogic of your post. I understand perfectly that you were completely off topic.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:13 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,637,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
BTW, I googled Springs1 and was pretty horrified by some of your abusive posts on other forums. I'm sure the moderators won't allow that kind of stuff here.

Oh, goodness!!! You're right. Everyone...I urge you to abandon your efforts to respond here, and instead Google Springs1. I had no idea what a celebrity we have in our midst. Here's an example:

[url=http://thebitchywaiter.com/2015/03/all-ranch-dressing-restaurant-to-open-springs1-explodes.html]All Ranch Dressing Restaurant to Open; Springs1 Explodes | the bitchy waiter[/url]

Old 05-05-2015, 10:14 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
HOW is that "OUR FAULT" he didn't ask "Anybody else need anything" , huh?
Are you not allowed to ask the server for what you need without them talking to you first? When they asked someone else at the table if they wanted a refill, you could have spoken up and said "I would like a refill on my soda, thank you!" There are plenty of times where I would like something and the server doesn't specifically ask me about it, so I speak up and ask them myself. Or sometimes I stop the server with a simple "Excuse me, could I please have...."

Old 05-05-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlking58 View Post
Oh, goodness!!! You're right. Everyone...I urge you to abandon your efforts to respond here, and instead Google Springs1. I had no idea what a celebrity we have in our midst. Here's an example:

All Ranch Dressing Restaurant to Open; Springs1 Explodes | the bitchy waiter
Classic.

She probably posted it here already but I find this funny and sad
Serve Me Please!

Old 05-05-2015, 10:21 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boystuition View Post
And I still call bull**** on everyone here who says they have never had a server skate away before they or someone else at their table was finished with their requests. This has absolutely nothing to do with me being in a hurry. Also BS on anyone saying they don't care if their food comes not as requested since they are so carefree, friendly and easy going that they'll just eat anything served.
Of course anyone who goes out to eat fairly frequently has had those problems. Its just not considered a big deal to most. The waiter leaves before I can ask for the check. Thats fine, I'll just ask for it when they bring me my to-go box. Chances are they know that I'll be wanting my check though since I'm done with my meal, so they'll probably have it with them even though I didn't specifically ask for it. No need to rage about it online.

And yes I often make substitutions to the food I order. If it comes out wrong, I politely inform the server (or who ever brought out the food) that my order isn't right and I let them correct it. Again, nothing that I would feel I need to rage about online. I've worked as a server, I know sometimes mistakes happen. Sometimes its the server's fault, but most often its the kitchen/expo who didn't catch the mistake and sent the food out with a different server. Not a big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates