Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2015, 11:19 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Can you imagine living your life like this? Earlier blogs and forums mention a husband; newer ones not at all. I can only imagine that the in-person rantings must be similar and more frequent. How sad for the OP and how horrible for her husband. As comical as it is reading some of this stuff, I do hope she gets some help.
She said in an earlier post that she doesn't have many friends, but when describing her restaurant experiences she always says "when we went..." "we go there..." And I do agree with the bolded statement. This isn't having high expectations, this seems like mental illness.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:45 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,428,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
She said in an earlier post that she doesn't have many friends, but when describing her restaurant experiences she always says "when we went..." "we go there..." And I do agree with the bolded statement. This isn't having high expectations, this seems like mental illness.
The OP may fancy herself royalty and refer to herself in the third person?

Old 05-05-2015, 11:46 AM

6,471 posts, read 6,672,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
Manners would be to want a good tip to do every little whim for that tip to please the customer, because without customers YOU HAVE NO JOB, YOU MAKE NO TIPS!

You are clueless to not understand you are PAYING for the refill in the tip.

How I am self-centered if I am paying EXTRA for these extra things I want to our servers, huh?

Who cares about cultural differences in the USA? I don't care.

Manners would be to be as nice as you can to the customer so they can be nice to you giving you a nice tip if you were a server.

I don't care where I would go, I'd ask for a refill to-go. You can get a refill at McDonald's after you are finished eating , why not EVERYWHERE ELSE?
For one thing, when ordering a beverage at a sit down restaurant, you have already paid for an employee to dispense and serve the drink, and for other employees to clear the dirty glass and wash it. Many sit down restaurants don't even have to-go cups, but ones that do don't necessarily price their drinks to include not only sit down service but also the cost of the disposable to-to cup. You may think you're entitled to both, but the restaurant may very well have a policy that free refills applies to in-restaurant consumption only.

Additionally, just because something is free at McDonalds, let's say, extra pickles for your burger, that does not mean it's reasonable to ask for a large cup filled with extra pickles to take home.

You have had many people here telling you that you are in the wrong with your demands. I know that in your mind, you are perfectly and totally correct. But think about that statistically....EVERYBODY else is wrong instead of you. Is that actually very likely? At the very least, that should prompt you to examine yourself and contemplate why your thinking is so different from everyone else's. Also, as others have said, your opening post is all over the place, repeating the same things over and over, being difficult to follow or comprehend. Your communication skills definitely need some refining. Clearness and conciseness are things that serve anyone well, but you are sorely lacking.

Until you can figure some of this out, you really ought to stay out of restaurants.

Edited to add: as I read a bit further into this thread, I see that ONE other person agreed with you on one of your issues. You are still the statistical outlier regarding your view of reasonable expectations in a restaurant. And I read some other posts and links that does lead me to believe you are suffering from mental illness, which I would never make fun of. I say, in all genuine kindness, I do hope you are getting professional help.

Last edited by kayanne; 05-05-2015 at 12:13 PM..

Old 05-05-2015, 01:13 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,046,655 times
We've experienced something similar. For some reason, when we order food, the servers will forget to bring out the glass of wine. Or when we order an appetizer, they'll rush out the main meal mid-appetizer.

So we just have to adapt. Order the glass of wine with the appetizer. Don't order the main meal, but know what you want to eat, so that you know which wine you want to order.

When you are finished with your appetizer, then order the main meal. Since your wine hasn't showed up yet, you remind them.

Servers might not like this, but this is the type of service that you demand in a high quality restaurant.

Old 05-05-2015, 01:20 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,731,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApePeeD View Post
We've experienced something similar. For some reason, when we order food, the servers will forget to bring out the glass of wine. Or when we order an appetizer, they'll rush out the main meal mid-appetizer.

So we just have to adapt. Order the glass of wine with the appetizer. Don't order the main meal, but know what you want to eat, so that you know which wine you want to order.

When you are finished with your appetizer, then order the main meal. Since your wine hasn't showed up yet, you remind them.

Servers might not like this, but this is the type of service that you demand in a high quality restaurant.
I don't think Chili's or Outback qualifies

Old 05-05-2015, 01:20 PM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
Looking at those links: Who the F does this lady think she is??? Are you f-ing kidding me??? LOL All my GMs would throw her out of the restaurant in a heartbeat!!

Old 05-05-2015, 01:30 PM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
Pioneer Press restaurant critic Kathie Jenkins says goodbye - TwinCities.com

I wonder why..

Old 05-05-2015, 01:37 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,695,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Agreed.
Having taken a peek at some of the blog posts, the OP appears to be fixated on these dining experiences well past the point of normalcy.
I am glad (I think) that she has outlets to express these concerns, but at the same time I am greatly disturbed by the obsession with these matters. It cannot be easy or comfortable living with these expectations only to have them constantly derailed.

Sad.

Old 05-05-2015, 01:55 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,021,359 times
I think this woman is absolutely insane. I've had frustrating restaurant experiences a few times in my life, sure. I can't imagine obsessing over it in this manner. Springs, have you ever had a mental health evaluation?

Old 05-05-2015, 02:44 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,636,644 times
We can't win. Just give up, everyone.

Here's why I say what:

[url=http://springs1.livejournal.com/392.html?thread=9096#t9096]springs1: SERVERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MENU PRICE OVERCHARGES[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates