Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 08:35 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,058,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislives View Post
The point i was trying to make is nowhere in the Bible does Jesus ever preach hate against anyone. and when someone points a finger there is always 3 pointing back at you.
My mom use to always say that! I have not heard this saying in such a long time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 09:48 PM

353 posts, read 552,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDeDo View Post
1. First and foremost and most essential, you are only a Christian if you have specifically realized you are a Sin practicing person, you recognize youre need for a personal Saviour , you accept the free gift of having complete forgiveness instituted thru Gods plan of Christ dying for you on the cross to bridge you to God, are sincerely willing to surrender your life and live for God with his power, and there being evidence that a drastic change has taken place as a result of this conversion. This is called The Born Again experience . Unless this has taken place...then reading the Bible, going to church, giving to United Way, or even believing in God...is not enough.
Christ only requires you to obey two commandments:
Mar 12:30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’
Mar 12:31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’There is no commandment greater than these.

Quote:
2. To answer your last question, it makes a huge difference both in this life and when you give accountability to God in the end. Homosexuality is not 'a nature experience' ; going for a walk in the woods, is. Homosexuality like every other action we take , is a choice. No one MAKES you do it. Some things are deeply engrained in us however, but nothing that is too impossible to overcome as many can testify to.
The point is ,right or wrong, its not really up to you to decide. You have the absolute right to decide for yourself but that's were your rights end and others begin.. If it truly is an abomination in the eyes of God let God handle it.
Didn't Christ teach something about hating the sin but loving the sinner?

Old 10-17-2008, 10:08 PM

94 posts, read 332,928 times
I'll chime in to this debate and give my .02. I think it's both. Some people are born gay and some people chose to be gay for whatever reason. I think it's naive and stubborn of people to say that it's only a lifestyle choice. People are born with different traits and characteristics all the type. Why is it not possible some people are born this way. Then of course there are people who for whatever reason chose to be gay and bi-sexual. These are the Lindsey Lohans of the world. I'm not saying I agree with the lifestyle, I just believe the gay population is filled with both legitimate gay people and people who chose to be gay.

Old 10-18-2008, 05:27 AM

464 posts, read 1,742,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
No, I don't have a sickness. Enough said.

Ta ta.

Oh, do me a favor.....get some help for yourself. You clearly need it more than any gay or lesbian. I've never ever once in my life thought that when two men were making love that they were making love to fecal matter. I honestly can't get over your vulgar, twisted mind that would make you think or say something like that. That's a flat-out dangerous, perverted, and twisted way to think about love, dude. It's the kind of thinking that causes people to think love and sex are dirty, shameful things. But making love to someone is about expressing their emotions for the other person in a way that encompasses the WHOLE of the other person....heart, soul, and mind - and yes, body too. It's truly no wonder you are no longer married. You probably grossed out your wife when you told her you were depositing something within her that mingled with a bit of urine on its way out, and that she was therefore making love to urine. You know, if I were to ever have children, I'd want to keep them as far away from you as possible, because you'd be filling their heads with dangerous thought processes. Get to a shrink as soon as you can. Truly. You need to learn what love is really all about.
I regret if you got upset about what homosexual acts entail ; however , the act of anal penetration is putting one in contact with feces , thus, you are including whatever is in the rearend with love making techniques which is making love with/including , feces. Yes, making love encompasses the WHOLE person and that it isnt just a physical act , but, it includes the physical act and all physical things that comes along with it. I think we both agree it is a wrongful, disgusting, degrading , and dangerous act which is unnatural . And this is just one physical act of homosexuality which nearly all men are willing to endure in order to get emotional fulfillment from a man. Finally, there are many forms of love and the eros form of love is not meant or intended to be shared with the same sex ; its designed for the opposite sex . This is not MY opinion , but it is Gods intended design for all of mankind. The form of love which two men are to have, is called Phileo which means 'a brotherly/friendship love' . And this is why homosexuality is a perversion because it crosses over the line . I hope this helps , and again, i didnt mean to offend you in anyway...but if you ever have the desire to exit this lifestyle, help is certainly out there for you to do it. And for those who think what im saying is 'hateful' , it isnt ; I care enough to confront --- to be tolerant/permissive/enabling shows a could care-less attitude. Thanks.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMKM-Miller View Post
I'll chime in to this debate and give my .02. I think it's both. Some people are born gay and some people chose to be gay for whatever reason. I think it's naive and stubborn of people to say that it's only a lifestyle choice. People are born with different traits and characteristics all the type. Why is it not possible some people are born this way. Then of course there are people who for whatever reason chose to be gay and bi-sexual. These are the Lindsey Lohans of the world. I'm not saying I agree with the lifestyle, I just believe the gay population is filled with both legitimate gay people and people who chose to be gay.
I can understand your viewpoint. But, in Psalm 139 it describes to what extent the Creator makes each and everyone of us. It describes his interaction in the process :' He knit us together in our mothers womb and we are fearfully and wonderfully made' . For people to be born homosexual, it strongly implies that God actually chose that for the person and made them that way ; this of course cannot be reconciled with the fact that Gods Word declares homosexuality as a perversion, is of a reprobate mind, automatically excludes one from any chance of heaven if they practice it as a lifestyle. , and defies God making them 'male and female' for one another. Now, if you want to run God out of town which seems to popular with some in this thread...then , one can make up his own rules to accomodate anything he wants to partake in (which is the fundamental reason behind all those that reject God as Creator ; no moral responsibility, no ultimate accountability, and complete lifestyle freedom. Only its not true , as hard as people want it to be. Such is the condition of mankind). Thanks.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:44 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,148,392 times
Quote:
I regret if you got upset about what homosexual acts entail ; however , the act of anal penetration is putting one in contact with feces , thus, you are including whatever is in the rearend with love making techniques which is making love with/including , feces. Yes, making love encompasses the WHOLE person and that it isnt just a physical act , but, it includes the physical act and all physical things that comes along with it. I think we both agree it is a wrongful, disgusting, degrading , and dangerous act which is unnatural . And this is just one physical act of homosexuality which nearly all men are willing to endure in order to get emotional fulfillment from a man. Finally, there are many forms of love and the eros form of love is not meant or intended to be shared with the same sex ; its designed for the opposite sex . This is not MY opinion , but it is Gods intended design for all of mankind. The form of love which two men are to have, is called Phileo which means 'a brotherly/friendship love' . And this is why homosexuality is a perversion because it crosses over the line . I hope this helps , and again, i didnt mean to offend you in anyway...but if you ever have the desire to exit this lifestyle, help is certainly out there for you to do it. And for those who think what im saying is 'hateful' , it isnt ; I care enough to confront --- to be tolerant/permissive/enabling shows a could care-less attitude. Thanks.
No....as I've said, nothing you say helps nor does it influence me. What you don't seem to understand is that it is YOUR kind of attitude that at times contributes to me feeling like a complete waste of flesh, as if God can't possibly love me...as though I'm not good for anything, and incapable of knowing what love is. It is YOUR kind of attitude that poisoned my mind and in the past led me to feel like utter CRAP, and caused me to beg God to give me cancer (or make me go blind) in exchange for healing me of homosexuality - because THOSE things would have truly been much easier to deal with in my life. In my life, I have TRIED and STRUGGLED for years against who I know I am. And I DID NOT CHANGE. I'm STILL gay. But no more. I flat-out refuse to put myself through the heartache and struggle anymore when it's quite futile. How is it you can go on and on spilling your drivel without realizing the effect it has on other people? How is it Christlike to contribute to someone else feeling like a worthless piece of dung who should have died at birth? You no more care about helping people than a wayward wolf in a pasture full of sheep.

Moderator cut: Please contact a Moderator or discuss in private DM's.

Last edited by 2goldens; 10-19-2008 at 04:07 AM.. Reason: Announcing "I'm putting you on ignore list!"

Old 10-18-2008, 04:51 PM

406 posts, read 1,593,001 times
Perhaps I can rescue the thread.

Homosexuality might not be a not be genetic and it might not be a learned behavoir either. It might be caused by a germs.

zero.poynt.zero - An Evolutionary Look at Human Homosexuality (http://zero.poynt.zero.googlepages.com/home - broken link)

A New Germ Theory - 99.02

Old 10-18-2008, 07:23 PM

[quote=aquila;5747248]No....as I've said, nothing you say helps nor does it influence me. What you don't seem to understand is that it is YOUR kind of attitude that at times contributes to me feeling like a complete waste of flesh, as if God can't possibly love me...as though I'm not good for anything, and incapable of knowing what love is. It is YOUR kind of attitude that poisoned my mind and in the past led me to feel like utter CRAP, and caused me to beg God to give me cancer (or make me go blind) in exchange for healing me of homosexuality - because THOSE things would have truly been much easier to deal with in my life. In my life, I have TRIED and STRUGGLED for years against who I know I am. And I DID NOT CHANGE. I'm STILL gay. But no more. I flat-out refuse to put myself through the heartache and struggle anymore when it's quite futile. How is it you can go on and on spilling your drivel without realizing the effect it has on other people? How is it Christlike to contribute to someone else feeling like a worthless piece of dung who should have died at birth? You no more care about helping people than a wayward wolf in a pasture full of sheep.

Moderator cut: See reference above

It sounds like youve dug your heels in pretty deep , and i guess that is your perogative. The thing we can count on with God, is that when we suppress our moral conscience he gave us, we dont feel good about ourselves. That is what happens when we are convicted ; we are either willing to make a change , or, we arent. If we arent , then we internalize it and it makes us feel bad about ourselves. We can blame others for not embracing what we are doing if we like, but, its really our moral conscience convicting us . In other posts, ive pointed out the love of God for us as well as his justice. When we are stuck in a pattern of doing whats wrong , we oftentimes just want to focus on Gods love for us thinking that he will somehow accept what we are doing . But his justice nature wont allow for that. Instead, he reaches out to us in love thru his Son by offering us a better way ; a way that allows us forgiveness if we are willing to repent (or turn the other way). God gives us the option . Its true he loves us immensely since he created us in his image and we have infinite worth and dignity in his estimation. However, because of his justice side, he cant just turn a blind eye and be tolerant (condone) whatever we feel like doing. He gives us a way out and that is by way of the Cross. The cross is the epitomie of Gods love for us. But we have to be willing to change which means admitting we have a problem ; it can be homosexuality, alchohol, drugs, cheating, et al... but it requires us to OWN our problem or what has become an uncontrollable addiction. He loves us enough to not condone it and he loves us enough to tell us what the consequences are if we choose to not go his way of the cross -- and hes spelled it out clearly in the Bible . I hope you will reconsider by one day reaching back to God and allow him the chance to forgive you and set you completely free of the homosexual tendencies and guilt you are experiencing . He is ready to help you if you are ready to work with him. Regards.

Last edited by 2goldens; 10-19-2008 at 04:08 AM.. Reason: Orphaned

Old 10-18-2008, 07:29 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times
Quote:
It is obvious that you, HowDeDo, have a problem with male homsexuality. I have yet to see a word from you against lesbianism. Go ahead and say that you find two women hot, that will just make you out to look like a hypocrite. If male to male sex disgusts you so much, don't do it. But you do not have the right to call what other people do wrong. Take care of your own house before you worry about what other people do in theirs. Another thing; I do not follow your religion and will not follow its rules, they are not mine.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
It is obvious that you, HowDeDo, have a problem with male homsexuality. I have yet to see a word from you against lesbianism. Go ahead and say that you find two women hot, that will just make you out to look like a hypocrite. If male to male sex disgusts you so much, don't do it. But you do not have the right to call what other people do wrong. Take care of your own house before you worry about what other people do in theirs. Another thing; I do not follow your religion and will not follow its rules, they are not mine.
I have a problem with the many cultural philosophies concerning casual sex, illicit sex, sexual immorality because God does . It isnt right to be supportive and tolerantly apathetic toward thing which you know and I know , are wrong and destructive to oneself and society at large. I do have the right to call something wrong when it is ., and, it is wrong of you to expect me to call something right when it is in fact, wrong and very wrong. If the wrong affects the very society in which i live, then it becomes my responsibility to speak out against it. Because the Creator made the rules of life, you need to follow them ; you follow the rules of the road dont you ? When you disobey the rules of the road, you put your very life in danger ; when you disobey Gods rules, you put your very eternity in danger. Please dont do that. If you could see into the future, you certainly wouldnt want to do that now. No one has ever regretted following God and his rules for mankind but multitudes heap destruction on themselves by doing what they feel like doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates