Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2013, 10:20 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,877,316 times

Advertisements

I'm gay, in a gay marriage and live in one of the largest gay neighbourhoods in the world and to this day I still have no clue what the 'homosexual' movement is or what the homosexual 'lifestyle' is. I'm a homosexual who happens to have a lifestyle that is a different 'lifestyle' to many of my gay counterparts. It's as ridiculous to use the terms gay lifestyle and gay movement as it would be to use the term straight lifestyle and straight movement...

Having said all that, I feel lucky and proud to live in a place where I am treated as an equal and am thankful to those who played a role in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
I feel the same pretty much as dontbugme in that I am a non-denominational believer (Christian) that dosn't hate homosexuals but does not approve of the lifestyle. Your activist homosexuals will say I HATE gays/homosexuals because I don't accept their lifestyle lock, stock and barrel. To me this is just their way of labeling/intimidating/insulting someone that doesn't agree with them. Why is that? Is it because some of you homosexuals feel guilt because of my disapproval? I don't feel guilt or shame when someone ridicules, disagrees or labels me a Christian/believer. Bring it on. Why should you care what I believe anyway. Or is their some other agenda you activists are following out there. First it was "We don't want to be beaten up/abused because we are different". And you shouldn't. And you got that. Then it was "We just want to be accepted like anyone else". And you are getting that. Now it's "We don't want any opposition to our lifestyle, no dissenters, no disagreements whatsoever".And you are getting that with same sex marriage being passed in more and more states, hate crimes legislation, etc. You are going into the schools that are funded by both religious and non-religious and teaching your lifestyles to our young and impressionable at our expense, all the time trumpeting our constitution and the separation of church and state which nowhere appears in the constitution but was mentioned in a letter to a church by one of our founding fathers (who by the way, are considered dead, racist, white, slave-owning men by most of you) and truth be told, the founding fathers would probably be rolling in their graves if they could see how you have twisted and misapplied their words and writings to fit your agenda. No the whole school teaching of homosexuality to our young is just another indication of what the radical, activist homosexual movement really wants. It wants our future.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:32 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,189,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
Interesting how things have evolved. When I was in kindergarten (or first/second grade), I don't recall any stories about sexuality or relationship dynamics. It was all about, well, kiddie things such as animal stories and Jack and the Beanstalk, etc.

Guess things are more sophisticated these days.
The world has certainly changed over the years.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:11 PM

2,544 posts, read 4,283,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
I feel the same pretty much as dontbugme in that I am a non-denominational believer (Christian) that dosn't hate homosexuals but does not approve of the lifestyle. Your activist homosexuals will say I HATE gays/homosexuals because I don't accept their lifestyle lock, stock and barrel. To me this is just their way of labeling/intimidating/insulting someone that doesn't agree with them. Why is that? Is it because some of you homosexuals feel guilt because of my disapproval? I don't feel guilt or shame when someone ridicules, disagrees or labels me a Christian/believer. Bring it on. Why should you care what I believe anyway. Or is their some other agenda you activists are following out there. First it was "We don't want to be beaten up/abused because we are different". And you shouldn't. And you got that. Then it was "We just want to be accepted like anyone else". And you are getting that. Now it's "We don't want any opposition to our lifestyle, no dissenters, no disagreements whatsoever".And you are getting that with same sex marriage being passed in more and more states, hate crimes legislation, etc. You are going into the schools that are funded by both religious and non-religious and teaching your lifestyles to our young and impressionable at our expense, all the time trumpeting our constitution and the separation of church and state which nowhere appears in the constitution but was mentioned in a letter to a church by one of our founding fathers (who by the way, are considered dead, racist, white, slave-owning men by most of you) and truth be told, the founding fathers would probably be rolling in their graves if they could see how you have twisted and misapplied their words and writings to fit your agenda. No the whole school teaching of homosexuality to our young is just another indication of what the radical, activist homosexual movement really wants. It wants our future.
Utter and complete mischaracterization of history.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:27 PM

797 posts, read 1,344,230 times
Gays believe if they indoctrinate the school kids over and over that gay marriage is not PERVERSION, they might believe it.

I don't even think gays believe it !

Old 03-18-2013, 05:12 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,822,087 times
I found it funny about all the talk of kindergarten kids dont need to know about this stuff, when the same year this thread started; CBS had a special on kindergarten and elementary school kids who identified as gay orknew they werent born the sex they were supossed to be.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:13 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,075 times
I'm gay, in a gay marriage and live in one of the largest gay neighbourhoods in the world and to this day I still have no clue what the 'homosexual' movement is or what the homosexual 'lifestyle' is. I'm a homosexual who happens to have a lifestyle that is a different 'lifestyle' to many of my gay counterparts. It's as ridiculous to use the terms gay lifestyle and gay movement as it would be to use the term straight lifestyle and straight movement...

There is a radical homosexual agenda and a radical homosexual segment existing whether you happen to agree or not. And, no, I am NOT saying that all, or even the majority, of homosexuals are linked to it. But it wields power out of proportion to its size.

Utter and complete mischaracterization of history.

Oh, so now you are denying that this stuff ever happened? I grew up and lived through hearing and seeing a lot of this except the part of our founding fathers. What, was it all a dream?

Old 03-19-2013, 12:25 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,075 times
You know what I wish? I wish that the radical, activist homosexual lobby would just come right out and tell us what the end game is. Tell us what you really want. Rainbow flags flying from ever front porch. A gay pride parade down the main street of every small town, USA with men kissing men and leading them down the street on dog chains and women kissing women. Gay pride day, gay pride month. Every church in the country having a homosexual pastor and/or congregation. Boyscouts and every other youth related private club having homesexual scout leaders. Our children being taught in grade school that homosexuality is not only okay but preferred and it is desired to have two mommies or two daddies. Media figures displaying open homosexuality on every channel. And literature rewritten/reinterpreted to show that many figure in history were actually homosexuals. And nary a word spoken anywhere against the homosexual lifestyle, in public or private, for fear of steep fines and severe punishment.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:15 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times
I think it's a good idea. On the X-factor they had a kid singing who's parents were gay and married with 3 kids. Kids need to realize that parents come in all shapes, colors, sizes and sexes. This should have always been taught, the fact that it's just getting started now is more odd to me.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:48 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
Gays believe if they indoctrinate the school kids over and over that gay marriage is not PERVERSION, they might believe it.

I don't even think gays believe it !
Do you believe yourself?

Old 03-20-2013, 09:27 AM

945 posts, read 968,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbugme View Post
What are your thoughts on it?

There is a curriculum that some schools use, I think "Welcoming Schools" that teaching kids to embrace gays, etc. I think it does cover some anti-bullyiing, which I understand, but why as there never been anti-bullying on short kids,kids with big nose, Christian kids, etc?

Some schools have even read stories about gays in KINDERGARTEN! Here are some links that tell about it:

Protect Marriage - Yes on 8 » Video (http://www.protectmarriage.com/video/view/6 - broken link) (Make sure to watch it all)
Prop8
How same-sex "marriage" affects Massachusetts

Just wondering about your thoughts on this matter?
Bullying is part of life, get real with the idea that you will stop it or that you are baffled it exists. I was bullied, I bullied and so did everyone else. It teaches you how to deal with conflict among peers, you learn the right and wrong way to deal with stress and tough situations by, imagine this guys - experience!

Just what I want, a kid who never feels resistance his entire life, gets thrown to the wolves in the real world and has no idea how to react or deal with the pressure. Being a child and the experience is a proxy for the big boy game of life later on, I'll deal with the bullying and teach my child to face it head on.

Teaching your kid to not pick on kids is part of being a parent, but teasing, bullying and kids acting cruel to each other is a as natural as rain. As you mature, you see the err of your childish ways and you adjust, learn and move on.

As far as gays, there is no way you know you are 'gay' in kindergarten, if you even accept that premise you are a moron. Gay lifestyle is unacceptable to promote in schools, sexual anything is off-limits to the school and up to the child/parents to promote if they find it acceptable in their household.

If I came home to anything with two men or women, or something promoting homosexual culture on my kids schoolwork or homework it would the wrath of Zeus on the principal, sup, board and lawyers.

Ultimately though, I would home school my children or send them to private schools. Unless you have no other option, sending your kid to a public institution is probably the worst mistake you could ever make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates