Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2009, 07:51 AM

12,957 posts, read 13,671,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMoon View Post
Quite true. That is what becomes frustrating when race is discussed is the level of incredulity that comes over the faces of Whites and other non-blacks that there is a hidden history of Blacks that may have lived a refined and genteel existence that defies the stereotypes that are supposed to genetically, culturally, socially, and historically explain the diverse lives of Black people. Of course choosing to remain hidden comes at a price. The ability for many of these people to either insulate themselves from Whites or the ability pass into the White community

Incidentally:
  • Bill Burton, Barack Obama's national press secretary has a black father
  • Anatole Broyard was an American Literary critic passed as White for years, when he was in fact Black.
  • John Syphax—came from a wealthy black dynasty and passed himself off as white for years. However, in order to claim his black father’s million dollar inheritance he had to admit that he was in fact really black.
There are many more stories like those three men of how “racial mixing” afforded many middle and upper class Blacks to indulge in a lifestyle that was barred from both Blacks and Whites and also how many were light enough to pass and become White. This also certainly illustrates that there are many Whites who may unwittingly harbor a relative or two that was able to successfully pass and none are the wiser.
This is great information ! I wonder if this Syphax fellow is related to a Body Servant (slave of the Randoplh family) named Syphax Brown who was described as being well educated , Sophisticated and politically aware, (Maybe for another thread)

Old 02-28-2009, 08:00 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,201,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17271 View Post
I'd think, if God wanted different races to mix, he would have made us a little differently, where we have no thoughts of race. In reality, people are made almost completely opposite of that... people definitely notice different races and probably for a reason, they should stay separate.
And by that logic, if God wanted people to lead sinless lives he would have made us a little differently, where we have no thoughts of sin.

Of course I, and any good Christian, know better.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:55 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,064,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I think it was W. E. B. Dubois who said you rarely get to meet one unless you are one, in refering to the African American elite, and we're not talking about Oprah, but some are decendents of free Blacks who go back to the 17th century
It depends upon where you live. Many of my neighbors are well educated blacks. I encounter successful blacks every day in my work environment.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
I don't think it'll ever be universally excepted. It hasn't been yesterday and there's not an actual good reason to think it will be in the future. Different races live closer and use communications, yes, but that doesn't mean they will mix or even want to mix. Besides, if everyone mixed, there would be no diversity after that.

There's such a thing as too much of something. I think most Americans are tired of multiculturalism being promoted everywhere in the country... just 10 years ago you'd never see an interracial couple on TV, now it's on a lot of new movies and suddenly there's claims of America being "for everyone." In reality, America for the last 200 years has been considered a white country by the entire world.

I'd think, if God wanted different races to mix, he would have made us a little differently, where we have no thoughts of race. In reality, people are made almost completely opposite of that... people definitely notice different races and probably for a reason, they should stay separate.
This is post illustrates the depth of racial problems in America. Many people have been taught by western religion that people are different, religion always makes people think that no matter how low you are there is always someone lower. It is nearly imposible to get some one to go against what they think "their" god has decreed.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:27 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
In reality, America for the last 200 years has been considered a white country by the entire world.
In the years to come, I doubt that will be the case in the US.

"A report in August 2008 from the U.S. Census Bureau projects that by 2042 non-Hispanic whites will no longer make up the majority of the population."
Demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-28-2009, 09:48 AM

814 posts, read 2,306,801 times
weak argument. popular opinion does not a truth make. america was never an all-white country.

it was the stupidity of blind greed. you don't bring in slaves and expect an all-white country. you don't import foreign labor and expect an all-white country. the blind assumption that people would sacrifice their lives to just work and build your country and then somehow disappear so you could have your all white country is so dumb, i don't have the words for it. that's the epitomy of egoism. you can't be a little bit pregnant and have your cake and eat it too.

and this was set in motion way before even this current immigration 'crisis'. lol

i often hear this amazingly obtuse reasoning. but..it was all our idea, it was the white people who built this country because we are the ones who wrote the constitution blah blah blah..the blind, surreal objectification of truth. i suppose the chinese didn't build the railroad, that can be conveniently sweeped or deleted from history too if white people all agree to ignore it. LMAO

it's so obtuse it kinda shocks me, perplexes and amuses me all at the same time.

if you had done all the work yourselves from the getgo, you wouldn't have this problem. now you're crying over spilled milk.

Last edited by leaana; 02-28-2009 at 10:01 AM..

Old 02-28-2009, 09:50 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,064,636 times
America as an "all white" country? The Native Americans will certainly agree that we tried to kill them all off.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
America as an "all white" country? The Native Americans will certainly agree that we tried to kill them all off.
I read some where that back when being called an "Indian Killer" was something to be proud of (William Clark's brother, of Lewis and Clark) A whole village of Indians were burned and Killed and they remarked that these indians were living in a village not unlike a white village ,they even said 'you couldn't tell it was and Indian village" but none the less they were all killed and the village burned, This notion that we have of us being different from each other is deeply rooted in our history and our religion

Old 02-28-2009, 12:42 PM

1,009 posts, read 874,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Not true. If you look at African Americans, they range in color. That is because they are mixed...mixed=diverse. You can have an entire group of people...ethnic group that is mixed and your result will be diversity...in color. Look at Latin Americans. They are mostly all mixed with the same races and they all vary in color.

There is nothing in the bible that says anything about staying way from people because of our race. He said "multiply". He did not say "watch the color you choose to procreate with"...

Numbers 25:1-13
Deuteronomy 23:2-3
Deuteronomy 14:1-2

Furthermore, two of Esaus wives were Hittites yet he was referred to as a fornicator and an adulterer in the context of his "marriage' because a marriage between an Israelite and a non-Israelite is invalid and illegitimate. In the Hebrew sense, adultery never meant "to have an extra-marital affair" adultery meant "to lessen in purity" or "to degrade in quality of purity" much the same as "adulterate" in regards to food/drink today. Esau was an Israelite who adulterated himself with Hittite women. That's one of the reasons why Esau was hated by God from before he was even born (Genesis 25:22-24).

Esau founded a wicked and perverse civilization (Esau Edom, the Edomites), while Jacob went on to become the father/founder of what would later become Europe (Jacob Israel) when 10 of the 12 tribes he was a father to, went into Europe at the time when the other two were taken away into captivity. He was truly the father of many nations, each of his sons went on to found a particular European people/nation.

Esau was a perverse and wicked man, a murderer, a rapist, he was certainly one who spat on his Israelite birthright (he sold it for pottage), and he was probably a sodomite as well (one can only speculate). Jacob was pure in mind, body, and soul. That's why the elder wound up serving the younger and the birthright was secured by Jacob for the Israelite people.

When God sent the flood to destroy the area of land between the Mediterranean Sea, Red Sea, Black Sea, and Persian Gulf, he spared Noah and Noah's immediately family because Noah was found PERFECT IN HIS GENERATIONS. What do you think "perfect in his generations" means? In Noah would not be found an ounce of Canaanite blood (Cain being of the wicked one himself, 1 John 3:12, Genesis 3:15, etc). Noah had no connection to Cain or his horrible seed. Of course there were non-Israelites spread across the world (in places such as Egypt), but the nature and scope of the flood was such that it didn't impact them, as it was not meant to. The flood destroyed Israelites who rejected their birthright and took up with Canaanites.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:51 PM

1,009 posts, read 874,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaana View Post
the bible is a primitive book and at best an insight into what motivates humans as well as their faults-hence the inane contradictions.

there is some truth as well as some poppycock in the bible.

just on a biologic level, territorial behavior is not a purely speculative idea but a reality. even though, i don't agree that it necessarily is without fault. even auto-immune diseases can attest to that. self-preservation can get rabid and directed at phantom or projected enemies as well. it can become a 'where do we put or direct our hate?' do we have this inclination because there is some alien out there that is even a greater enemy? is that the only way humanity will unite? who knows

territorial behavior is built-in as a measure of self-preservation as well as predatorial behavior as opportunism.

either way, i don't see a very good solution except for total mixing simply because people can't seem to respect other's differences without eventually resorting to predatorial behavior as well.

the biggest mistake is the erroneous belief that nature is somehow perfect, it is not.

conceptual thought and the ability to create our reality is the only thing that will save us.

In the name of peace, understanding, and stability, what you suggest will one day be a requirement under international law. I believe it will come about shortly after Satan takes control of all the nations of the world, probably under the auspices of the United Nations, and then he tries to destroy, once and for all, the sons and daughters of Adam, either in open war/purges or by attempting to have either his seed injected into their lines (through mixing with Canaanites and Edomites) or through having their lines ended with the injection of seed of others who, while non-Canaanites are still non-Israelites.

The push to eliminate race will be taken up with just as much fervor as the push to eliminate class was taken up decades ago, only this time there will be much more suffering. Class isn't immediately discernable, race is. Satan is working overtime to make racial hatred against Whites the central focus of international relations and domestic policy in most the nations of the world. He tries many things to destroy the children of Jacob, trying to convince them to breed themselves out of existence is just one approach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates