Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2010, 06:39 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,681,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
AHHH, the Potato famine, how many of you black folks know anything about the potato famine or why all of those Irish starved to death. You blacks were not the only ones persecuted by the British and for a hell of a lot longer than blacks were.
Exactly.

My family fled their homeland because of serious religious persecution. I bet I.S. knows absolutely NOTHING about that mournful period of history. And I can only assume that means he needs a better education.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:43 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I never did overstand why some whites are threaten by a black person wanting to know their culturally identity. In past (1800s) I could see b/c then they (blacks) would realize that they were once proud kings and queens of Africa and it's sister islands. the lack of knowledge kept slaves passive and accepting of their fate. Now they (some whites) shrug this off b/c to them it is not important. Unfortunately blacks are still paying for the sins of ours (and whites) forefathers by what you see today. Granted there are many blacks that have accepted cultural ignorance and have moved on (?) but those are not ones who come from broken homes or live in proverty either.

My msg to the threatened whites: If your black neighbor wants to explore his/her culture, don't worry they are not going to put on a tam and a leather jacket and join the BPP and try to kill all of the white people, they just want to know something that many of you have taken for granted for years........where did I come from?
Take it from me, no white person gives a flying f**k if you want to do genealogical research. You are living in fear for no reason and why are you so obsessed with what white people think? Why do you think white people think this way, when most don't. I don't go through every day planning how to oppress black people.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Exactly.

My family fled their homeland because of serious religious persecution. I bet I.S. knows absolutely NOTHING about that mournful period of history. And I can only assume that means he needs a better education.
I am sure he is an expert on Black oppression for the last 400 years.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:06 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,860,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
I am sure he is an expert on Black oppression for the last 400 years.
Just ask him, he'll tell ya.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:12 AM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
What I wish is that if there was afrocentric schools that were actually instilling something POSITIVE into the lives of the students. Because so far, every afrocentric school I've ever been too doesn't do enough for the students and ghettoness, hood, and coon behavior run amuck. I don't know why it has to be that way. Why can't a school that puts an emphasis on African American history be reserved, strict, and disciplined? I don't know when we will get to that point but so far in my experience, it hasn't happened.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
What I wish is that if there was afrocentric schools that were actually instilling something POSITIVE into the lives of the students. Because so far, every afrocentric school I've ever been too doesn't do enough for the students and ghettoness, hood, and
Quote:
coon
behavior run amuck. I don't know why it has to be that way. Why can't a school that puts an emphasis on African American history be reserved, strict, and disciplined? I don't know when we will get to that point but so far in my experience, it hasn't happened.
Is that four legged or two?

Old 05-20-2010, 07:48 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwriter View Post
I'm part black, and I know my culture - mainstream American. I guess that makes me "culturally ignorant" in your eyes, but I don't see it that way. I'm proud to be American, and I see myself as American first. I've accepted integration. My family has been in this country for centuries. My most recent foreign-born ancestor is from Germany. My cultural reference point is no different than that of any other American. I'm not African, I don't have any African relatives, I've never been to Africa - heck, the only African I know is white.
And that is your RIGHT. However, you have no RIGHT to impose YOUR template upon others. If you don't need to know the 15% of your hertiage that is black....you are not qualified to me I should not need to know my 85% black heritage. Certainly mixed or light sknned blacks have always had it better and was granted preference over darker skinned blacks in this society.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
And that is your RIGHT. However, you have no RIGHT to impose YOUR template upon others. If you don't need to know the 15% of your hertiage that is black....you are not qualified to me I should not need to know my 85% black heritage. Certainly mixed or light sknned blacks have always had it better and was granted preference over darker skinned blacks in this society.
Where in Sam Hill do you get the idea that he's imposing his "template" on others?

Oh right. I remember... The same place you get all those other weird accusations and ideas that are nothing but flat-out lies.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:47 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Where in Sam Hill do you get the idea that he's imposing his "template" on others?

Oh right. I remember... The same place you get all those other weird accusations and ideas that are nothing but flat-out lies.
You can't clean it up. No one has lied. You are the one who said that the reason poverty, unemployment, crime and the like is higher among blacks than whites is due to EXCUSES. From the mind comes functions of intellect, emotions and morality and the like, working in concert. Thoughts are products of the MIND. Hence, in saying that EXCUSES (from blacks) accounts for the difference between black and whites outputs, you are implicitly saying that the Black mind is inferior to the white mind for the white mind does not produce excuses in the same degree, for if it did, there would not be a gap...based upon your theory. Excuses don't have anything to do with intelligence but intellect is not the ONLY function of the mind, which is why I never answered your silly queston.

You see.....you reject an OUTSIDE explanation for the gap...and there is only INSIDE or OUTSIDE. That is like a light switch. It has two binary states. Its either ON or its OFF. If you reject that the light is ON, then you are implicitly and logically arguing that the light is OFF. You don't HAVE to say "The light is OFF"....you just have to say "The light is not ON". Thus, when you said, analogously, that "The light is not ON"....I then deduced the implication of what you said to be "The light is OFF" (the black mind is inferior). In turn, you then call me a LIAR based upon the fact that you did not, literally, say the light was OFF, rather, you just said that it was not ON (The black mind produces more excuses than the white mind).

Thats denial or ignorance my friend. take your pick.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:58 AM

^^ You're lying. Again.

By the way, every single person who has posted on this thread (except you), sees you for what you are. They've called you out on it repeatedly. But feel free to continue to ignore the obvious...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates