Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2022, 11:31 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonCoombes View Post
That price increase in the drinks and things like that was so we could get a raise. We went from making 10.50 to $14 an hour minimum. The management didn’t get a raise. So it was the company trying to do good by its employees.

Good. But, I guess, at the end of the day, the moral of the story is.. Don't **** with coffee.

They did and now, I go out of my way to go somewhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2022, 01:36 AM

115 posts, read 104,525 times
When Qt first came in, they were something excited to be. Cheap drinks, snack and food with many choices to go around. Now, they have one of the most expensive gas and first to raise gas price. I hardly visit QT much now.

Old 01-29-2022, 06:20 AM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
I have never found the snacks in the middle of QT like chips and candy to be all that cheap even when the chain first arrived. Always thought they were pricey. You are paying for the convenience in a "convenience" store vs a discount store or supermarket. All these convenience chain stores have been that way forever.

Yes the fountain drinks at QT have been a great deal in the past but when I'm craving one now I hit the drive thru at McDonald's where all sizes are just a buck. Much easier than going in QT and McD's has always had the best fountain drinks IMO.

Last edited by vistatiger; 01-29-2022 at 07:31 AM..

Old 01-29-2022, 01:21 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
QT is still the best gas station chain in the area by far. Spinx still charges more for gas if you’re using a credit card rather than a debit card which is beyond stupid.

Old 01-31-2022, 07:15 AM

9,504 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonCoombes View Post
That price increase in the drinks and things like that was so we could get a raise. We went from making 10.50 to $14 an hour minimum. The management didn’t get a raise. So it was the company trying to do good by its employees.
If this is the case, I don't have a problem with modest increases. The employees deserved better. (My daughter worked her butt off at the HB location for over a year).

Employees shouldn't be blamed for things that are broken, but customers still expect a clean store. Clean restrooms, in some locations, even that has been lacking. This most likely falls on the managers though due to short staffing.

Old 01-31-2022, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
QT is still the best gas station chain in the area by far. Spinx still charges more for gas if you’re using a credit card rather than a debit card which is beyond stupid.
Blows my mind too, that people actually take that. I refuse to get gas at Spinx because of that rule. It amazes me that on W. Georgia, the price at Spinx is 10 cents higher than Walmart across the street,
before the surcharge. Yet people are still getting gas at Spinx.

Walmart in our area has the best prices. I use the app as well and save another 3 cents per gallon.

Old 01-31-2022, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I have never found the snacks in the middle of QT like chips and candy to be all that cheap even when the chain first arrived. Always thought they were pricey. You are paying for the convenience in a "convenience" store vs a discount store or supermarket. All these convenience chain stores have been that way forever.
I believe OliverML was referring to the hotdogs, pizza, sandwhiches...the kitchen prepared items. Those prices were pretty reasonable. Plus they used to have some great sales.

The prepacked snacks are always higher at convenience stores and QT had been no different.

Old 01-31-2022, 07:33 AM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Blows my mind too, that people actually take that. I refuse to get gas at Spinx because of that rule. It amazes me that on W. Georgia, the price at Spinx is 10 cents higher than Walmart across the street,
before the surcharge. Yet people are still getting gas at Spinx.

Walmart in our area has the best prices. I use the app as well and save another 3 cents per gallon.
Does Spinx put like a preapproval 3 day hold on your card for more $$$$ than you end up purchasing when prepaying for gas? Bothers me when places do that. I get why they do it because they don't want someone pumping $100 worth of gas in one of these monster trucks only for it not to clear their debit card but my car doesn't take that much gas.

Last edited by vistatiger; 01-31-2022 at 07:43 AM..

Old 01-31-2022, 08:27 AM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Does Spinx put like a preapproval 3 day hold on your card for more $$$$ than you end up purchasing when prepaying for gas? Bothers me when places do that. I get why they do it because they don't want someone pumping $100 worth of gas in one of these monster trucks only for it not to clear their debit card but my car doesn't take that much gas.

Every place I've gone to shows that notice on the pumps..

I've always suspected that it's more the bank doing it than anything. And I'm pretty sure that's right. The gas station is doing a preauth for $75 to verify you have the money.. Once the sale is completed, they change the preauth to an auth for the proper amount. The fact that your bank/issuer takes that long to return the difference.. Is really on them.

Old 01-31-2022, 05:10 PM

826 posts, read 1,126,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Every place I've gone to shows that notice on the pumps..

I've always suspected that it's more the bank doing it than anything. And I'm pretty sure that's right. The gas station is doing a preauth for $75 to verify you have the money.. Once the sale is completed, they change the preauth to an auth for the proper amount. The fact that your bank/issuer takes that long to return the difference.. Is really on them.
Yeah I’ve never had that issue. Some banks just like to play games with your money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area