Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2024, 08:28 AM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Yes, it was only a pharmacy and located in an old dry cleaners building (yes, tiny). I thought it looked sketchy considering the surrounding neighborhood. That part of Greenville (the Welcome area near Carolina High School) needs significant help. The Powdersville store is not too far out on the same road and is a great place by comparison.

They closed a 'normal' sized Walgreens in Laurens and built one of those tiny ones right next door

https://maps.app.goo.gl/aguu7F7FLKU1Vqep8

They closed down the old.. Eckerd? Rite Aid? Whatever the old building originally was.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/nYTvvYjv7kcemHqF9

Rite Aid up to '18.. Walgreens by '21.. Closed by '22 for that one up the street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2024, 08:44 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
They closed a 'normal' sized Walgreens in Laurens and built one of those tiny ones right next door

https://maps.app.goo.gl/aguu7F7FLKU1Vqep8

They closed down the old.. Eckerd? Rite Aid? Whatever the old building originally was.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/nYTvvYjv7kcemHqF9

Rite Aid up to '18.. Walgreens by '21.. Closed by '22 for that one up the street.
I believe it was Eckerds until they closed it then Rite Aid moved in when the old Winn Dixie building was sold, or whatever it was that happened. Of course I may be thinking about Rite Aid being in the old Roses Plaza where the county offices are now. Maybe thats what it was, now that I think about it more. Roses on the left, next was Pic N Pay, then Rite Aid, then Food Lion.

Old 04-13-2024, 12:16 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Urban Air at Magnolia Park has closed.

Old 04-15-2024, 07:27 AM

9,492 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Urban Air at Magnolia Park has closed.
Interesting. They still have a major footprint across the US. Maybe the Greenville location just wasn't bringing in enough business. My son went 3-5 times. He liked Defy better due to the ability to do more jumping.

Old 04-15-2024, 07:42 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Interesting. They still have a major footprint across the US. Maybe the Greenville location just wasn't bringing in enough business. My son went 3-5 times. He liked Defy better due to the ability to do more jumping.
I'm not surprised. There are like 3 more (Defy, Big Air and Skyzone) within a five mile radius. I remember saying when it opened it would not last.

I expect that space will fill quickly with a retailer. The three vacant anchors at the Plaza Green center next door to Magnolia leased up quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area