Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2024, 02:57 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I know John. I had a friend that lived out there in 90 when those Fairview Crossing Apartments (now Stillwater @ Grandview) opened on that exit facing 385. I remember that Kmart shopping center going up being one of the first things on that exit side and those apartments.

The company that built Fairview Crossing built The Oaks apartments (now the Arbors) on East Butler off 385 at the same time . Nothing on that exit either but those apartments and a two lane road. It felt like you were in the country. Amazing how both exits have changed since the early 90's.

Remember when Harrison Bridge Rd had no onramp for.. Southbound 385?

I don't remember which direction it was, but you couldn't get on 385 heading one direction or the other off Harrison Bridge. Had to go up to Fairview.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2024, 03:38 PM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by labonte18 View Post
remember when harrison bridge rd had no onramp for.. Southbound 385?

I don't remember which direction it was, but you couldn't get on 385 heading one direction or the other off harrison bridge. Had to go up to fairview.
385 nb.

Old 01-29-2024, 12:30 PM

Hardees in Fountain Inn has closed. Not surrised at all! I hate this though, I have a lot of fond memeories there.

Old 01-29-2024, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Hardees in Fountain Inn has closed. Not surrised at all! I hate this though, I have a lot of fond memeories there.

Ancient building.. And the standard Hardee's problem. They rock during breakfast.. no one the rest of the day.

not sure if that was one that had been sold back to a franchisee or not. I know many of the former Flagstar units that were taken over by CKE have been sold back to franchisees.

Old 01-29-2024, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Ancient building.. And the standard Hardee's problem. They rock during breakfast.. no one the rest of the day.

not sure if that was one that had been sold back to a franchisee or not. I know many of the former Flagstar units that were taken over by CKE have been sold back to franchisees.
It was completely remodeled less than 2 years ago, but it was an old building. They had just started getting better when covid hit, shame they couldnt recover.

Old 01-29-2024, 04:50 PM

207 posts, read 216,238 times
I came by the Hardeeā€™s location at Pelham and East North today and it looked like workers were taking down all signage. Looks closed, as well.

Old 01-29-2024, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gville75 View Post
I came by the Hardeeā€™s location at Pelham and East North today and it looked like workers were taking down all signage. Looks closed, as well.

Certainly the newest store in Greenville.

Again.. I think those places would probably make more money just closing at about 2pm.

They have the best breakfast (or at least tied with Bojangles) in the fast food realm.

Old 01-29-2024, 11:22 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gville75 View Post
Disappointing as that was the nicest and newest location in Greenville. But that Jack in the Box still hanging in there around the corner across the street.

Old 01-29-2024, 11:29 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Quote:

Hardee's now has good quality Angus beef burgers, both Thickburgers and the thin patty double burgers with special sauce. And good chicken tenders. They should be performing better in the lunch and dinner segments. Could be quality control issues at certain units.

But disappointing they removed the Big Hardee double burger form the menu with the 1000 island sauce. Similar to the former Biig Twin. They still have the Superstar double burger with the red relish sauce. But I prefer the 1000 island version which is still on the menu at sister chain Carl's Jr. as the Big Carl.

And still miss the Roy Rogers fried chicken which is still offered at select franchise locations but not in the Upstate.

Old 01-30-2024, 01:14 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Certainly the newest store in Greenville.

Again.. I think those places would probably make more money just closing at about 2pm.

They have the best breakfast (or at least tied with Bojangles) in the fast food realm.
Agreed. That is a very nice store with access to E. North and Pelham. I'll bet it doesn't stay vacant for long.

Last edited by vistatiger; 01-30-2024 at 01:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area