Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2024, 08:39 AM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Ingles Markets has acquired sites previously anchored by BI-LO in Black Mountain, North Carolina; Burnsville, North Carolina; and Pisgah Forest, North Carolina. No competing grocery store or drugstore are able to locate on these sites. The Burnsville, North Carolina, location is now a Sav-Mor.

Ingles has several stores that could use major capital improvements (remodel, expansion, replacement, etc.). Those projects could be dependent on various reasons.

Ingles has many properties that they just hold onto as.. investments. I believe they still own the site on West Georgia Rd in Simpsonville where their old store was located back in the 80's. Which.. Would be a good location for a rebuild of the Simpsonville store, IMO.. Except that the lot is likely JUST a smidge too small for a modern store.

Sphinx does much the same.. They had property at I-385 Exit 16 for a long, long time.. I believe they've just sold it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2024, 09:53 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Ingles has many properties that they just hold onto as.. investments. I believe they still own the site on West Georgia Rd in Simpsonville where their old store was located back in the 80's. Which.. Would be a good location for a rebuild of the Simpsonville store, IMO.. Except that the lot is likely JUST a smidge too small for a modern store.

Sphinx does much the same.. They had property at I-385 Exit 16 for a long, long time.. I believe they've just sold it.
Ingles still owns the West Georgia Road parcel.

Enigma Corporation, a Spinx company, continues to own the parcel at SC 101 at Quarry Road southwest of I-385.

Old 01-22-2024, 05:36 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Ingles still owns the West Georgia Road parcel.

Enigma Corporation, a Spinx company, continues to own the parcel at SC 101 at Quarry Road southwest of I-385.
That may be outdated info, as I distinctively recall a SOLD placard on the sign a couple of years ago, and the land being cleared somewhat. It could be as simple as changing it over from Spinx, which was clearly on the For Sale sign for years, decades even, to Enigma, but there is, or was a SOLD sign on it. Even now during the winter, if you look close neough, you can see part of the forms where the store section was layed off, and then for whatever reason it was stopped. I know that was done in the late 80s.

Old 01-23-2024, 05:47 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Looking at Google satellite map, if the property goes farther down Kemet Way, then it would be possible to put a grocery store there with a few attached stores. I'm sure we will see some kind of commercial development there in the future.

Old 01-23-2024, 08:10 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Looking at Google satellite map, if the property goes farther down Kemet Way, then it would be possible to put a grocery store there with a few attached stores. I'm sure we will see some kind of commercial development there in the future.
Yeah but I'm not so sure that's a viable spot for a supermarket anymore. You have 3 (Publix, Food Lion , Neighborhood Market) across the bridge now closer to all those subdivisions and 2 on that side of the bridge over off main at 14. (Neighborhood Market, Food Lion) that probably already serves that side pretty well. Ingle's would be a little late to the party.

IMO with the talk of Harris Teeter or Publix coming to Fountain Inn then Ingles would be better off having already added a store further out in that area but they may already be beaten to the punch there too.

Old 01-23-2024, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Yeah but I'm not so sure that's a viable spot for a supermarket anymore. You have 3 (Publix, Food Lion , Neighborhood Market) across the bridge now closer to all those subdivisions and 2 on that side of the bridge over off main at 14. (Neighborhood Market, Food Lion) that probably already serves that side pretty well. Ingle's would be a little late to the party.

IMO with the talk of Harris Teeter or Publix coming to Fountain Inn then Ingles would be better off having already added a store further out in that area but they may already be beaten to the punch there too.

I agree. If it were going to be re-utilized, they've have near 40 years to do so and haven't.

I suspect, eventually, they sell that off and it becomes part of a subdivision.. Or.. Something like what happened across the street where that vet office was built.

Old 01-24-2024, 06:30 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Also, the long rumors of Harris Teeter building behind the CVS on W. Georgia would kill any reason to put an Ingles there.

Old 01-24-2024, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Also, the long rumors of Harris Teeter building behind the CVS on W. Georgia would kill any reason to put an Ingles there.

If one went there.. And.. Again, i'm not saying I think one would.. It would be a replacement for the Grandview store. Which.. While not in the most desperate need of being replaced.. Isn't that far off. Remember that Grandview replaced this store sometime in the 80's.

I'm actually shocked that Grandview store stays in business. Difficult to get to and I never see much of anyone in the parking lot. If you're going that way.. Why not go on to Walmart? Other than the obvious reasons..

Old 01-24-2024, 09:09 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Quote:
If one went there.. And.. Again, i'm not saying I think one would.. It would be a replacement for the Grandview store. Which.. While not in the most desperate need of being replaced.. Isn't that far off. Remember that Grandview replaced this store sometime in the 80's.

I'm actually shocked that Grandview store stays in business. Difficult to get to and I never see much of anyone in the parking lot. If you're going that way.. Why not go on to Walmart? Other than the obvious reasons..
That actually one reason we occasionally go there. I can, most of the time, get what I need and be out the door in the time it takes me to get a parking place at times in WalMart. (Not that I shop Walmart anyways.)

BTW, Seems as though somene mentioned that Ingles was going to tear down everything over there and rebuild, hmmmmm.

Old 01-24-2024, 09:58 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:

I believe Ingle's owns that entire shopping center on Grandview now minus the Kohl's building which was a former Kmart so it's not like they are paying any rent there I guess. I'm not sure how long Michael's and that pet stores leases are for. Doesn't seem like they have been there long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area