Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2023, 06:11 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times

Advertisements

Hmmm. I used to eat there when it was EPL and Senor Wraps . Layout seemed identical to me once it became CFA. I'm thinking it was just taken down to the bare bones and extensively renovated. The manager is saying in the article the building started life as a Hardee's and became several more restaurants before CFA.

The mall food court CFA across the street (closer to Patewood area) had spaces outside for curbside pickup not long ago. I assume they are still doing that so there is another option for them over driving to Laurens Rd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2023, 07:50 AM

4 posts, read 3,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Hmmm. I used to eat there when it was EPL and Senor Wraps . Layout seemed identical to me once it became CFA. I'm thinking it was just taken down to the bare bones and extensively renovated. The manager is saying in the article the building started life as a Hardee's and became several more restaurants before CFA.

The mall food court CFA across the street (closer to Patewood area) had spaces outside for curbside pickup not long ago. I assume they are still doing that so there is another option for them over driving to Laurens Rd
I love CFA, but never understood how their corporate allows 3 CFA's (Laurens, Haywood and Haywood Mall) to be that close to each other and are competing for the same customers.

Old 09-28-2023, 09:00 AM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by csanped411 View Post
I love CFA, but never understood how their corporate allows 3 CFA's (Laurens, Haywood and Haywood Mall) to be that close to each other and are competing for the same customers.

Because the area supports it.

This isn't a Subway situation where they open a new restaurant a mile down the road and they cannibalize sales from an existing store.

Can you imagine CFA's lines if there weren't three stores there?

Old 09-28-2023, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Because the area supports it.

Agreed. The number of apartments alone that have sprung up around the mall and still in progress along Haywood Rd and all the residential growth at Verdae helps. I think the one on Laurens Rd draws from downtown and Augusta Rd as well.

Old 09-28-2023, 03:51 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,877,474 times
Quote:
The Chick-fil-a (originally Hardee's) on Haywood Rd has closed and been demolished. A new larger CFA will take its place by March '24. It was Hardee's, El Pollo Loco and a Cantinflas Senor Wraps before CFA took it over.

https://www.wyff4.com/article/greenv...losed/45340232
The one in Simpsonville will be moving to Harrison Bridge rd.

Old 09-28-2023, 03:58 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
The one in Simpsonville will be moving to Harrison Bridge rd.

There's discussion. I don't think it's set in stone just yet that it's moving.

Though.. I'd be surprised if it doesn't happen.

Old 09-28-2023, 05:09 PM

Quote:

It'll happen. Just waiting on the city to rezone the parcel.

Old 09-28-2023, 06:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:
It'll happen. Just waiting on the city to rezone the parcel.

Where is the parcel?

It seems like the plans for Martin Farms on Fairview@ Harrison Bridge showed more room for development on the other side of Hobby Lobby back when it was built. I could be wrong but I believe there was space for a future anchor store as well. I wonder if another phase will come at some point.

Old 09-28-2023, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Where is the parcel?

It seems like the plans for Martin Farms on Fairview@ Harrison Bridge showed more room for development on the other side of Hobby Lobby back when it was built. I could be wrong but I believe there was space for a future anchor store as well. I wonder if another phase will come at some point.
It will be in front of the big church that sits way off the road, almost right across the street from Culvers.

https://greenvillejournal.com/commun...a-moves-ahead/

Old 09-29-2023, 06:54 AM

321 posts, read 406,716 times
Quote:
It will be in front of the big church that sits way off the road, almost right across the street from Culvers.

https://greenvillejournal.com/commun...a-moves-ahead/
A left turn out of there would be a nightmare at times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area