Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2019, 03:10 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,291,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I always thought people might think "Golden Chick" was a Chinese restaurant...kinda like Golden Wok.

Speaking of chicken: It's good to know Popeye's is coming soon to Easley! They were rated #1 in chicken dining. I know the Greer store had to shut down for one day because they ran out of chicken! What does that tell ya?

And I heard Chic-Fil-A is moving to either the Belk shopping center or the old Kmart shopping center because they need a bigger place. They sure do! The parking is a nightmare with all the cars backed up to the road...
Chik-Fil-A in Easley is moving to the old KMart shopping center. That should hopefully alleviate the problem with traffic backing up onto US-123. I've heard it will be a much bigger location. Honestly, most of the Chik-Fil-A locations around the area could be significantly enlarged. They must have some of the highest profit per square foot of anyone in the restaurant industry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 03:43 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,211,675 times
From the business I'm in I've learned some about CFA's structure.It is my understanding that there are no CFA franchises.All the "partners" are CFA W2 employees who are highly scrutinized and vetted (I hate that term).It is my understanding that those guys make 2+million a year.

Old 07-18-2019, 03:50 PM

428 posts, read 362,443 times
"Also, bbq sauce is a crutch for inferior bbq. flame away"

AGREED!

Old 07-19-2019, 09:10 AM

401 posts, read 379,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AginGreer View Post
Must have never had or heard of Church's Chicken, Layne's, or Chicken Express. Raising Cane's (Layne's knockoff) and Popeye's are also quite common in Texas even though they started in Louisiana. Not to mention Chik-Fil-A and Zaxby's are also commonly found in Texas, although I'm surprised because Zaxby's is inferior to Layne's and Raising Cane's.

Also, bbq sauce is a crutch for inferior bbq. flame away

I lived in Houston for four years. Of course I'm aware national chains that were founded outside of Texas are in Texas selling good chicken. That being said, Church's is horrible and Cane's is the most overrated chicken chain ever. I stick to my statement that Texans wouldn't know good chicken if it bit them in the rear.

Old 07-19-2019, 10:30 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
There is a Raising Cane's in Clemson University. Not sure where else they are in SC. In Vegas, there were a few Raising Cane's. Always busy there, always popular! The fingers are good.

Old 07-19-2019, 10:44 AM

308 posts, read 270,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge71 View Post
I lived in Houston for four years. Of course I'm aware national chains that were founded outside of Texas are in Texas selling good chicken. That being said, Church's is horrible and Cane's is the most overrated chicken chain ever. I stick to my statement that Texans wouldn't know good chicken if it bit them in the rear.
Lol, forgive me, you know the whole state so well. I neglected a more recent phenomenon, El Pollo Regio, but I'm not sure if chicken with flavor counts in this discussion if you hold Bojangles in such high regard. Hopefully the growing hispanic population in the upstate can help bring some more flavor. I've noticed Wing-Stop (started in DFW) has opened on Woodruff and seems to be doing well.

All that being said, chicken is an inferior meat to beef and it's easy to see why beef is more focused upon.

Old 07-19-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckee16 View Post
From the business I'm in I've learned some about CFA's structure.It is my understanding that there are no CFA franchises.All the "partners" are CFA W2 employees who are highly scrutinized and vetted (I hate that term).It is my understanding that those guys make 2+million a year.
I remember reading an article once which described the type of manager they were looking for, and they focused upon heads of household (i.e. dads). Being awarded a location was indeed like winning the lottery in terms of salary. However, the way Chik-Fil-A's are run, they definitely earn it; it's the only place I'll go to when it's super crowded.

Old 07-19-2019, 11:32 AM

401 posts, read 379,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AginGreer View Post
Lol, forgive me, you know the whole state so well. I neglected a more recent phenomenon, El Pollo Regio, but I'm not sure if chicken with flavor counts in this discussion if you hold Bojangles in such high regard. Hopefully the growing hispanic population in the upstate can help bring some more flavor. I've noticed Wing-Stop (started in DFW) has opened on Woodruff and seems to be doing well.

All that being said, chicken is an inferior meat to beef and it's easy to see why beef is more focused upon.

Since we are at risk of starting a chicken war here, let's just agree to disagree

Old 07-19-2019, 12:55 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
There is a Raising Cane's in Clemson University. Not sure where else they are in SC. In Vegas, there were a few Raising Cane's. Always busy there, always popular! The fingers are good.
I honestly don't get RC's. The entire menu is chicken fingers and fries. It's like their specific target audience is 11 year olds.

Old 07-19-2019, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I honestly don't get RC's. The entire menu is chicken fingers and fries. It's like their specific target audience is 11 year olds.
You misspelled college students.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area