Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2019, 08:05 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,016,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Golden Chick in Easley (by Walmart) has CLOSED. I drove by the other day and there was a large crane there (thought they were doing a new sign) so today I drove by and ALL the signs were gone. I drove by and asked this lady that was on the property and she said it was permanently closed and they had done so on Sunday.

When this first opened, I had bad service 3 times, and stopped going. Gave them another chance and started going once a week. I never saw more than one car in the parking lot. I think bad location as it's hard to see it when you drive in...
I don't think it was location as the two in Greenville and one in Greenwood have long closed too. None of them just caught on. Wonder how much longer the Spartanburg store hangs on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 10:16 AM

503 posts, read 693,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I don't think it was location as the two in Greenville and one in Greenwood have long closed too. None of them just caught on. Wonder how much longer the Spartanburg store hangs on?

Thats interesting, that store in Easley was a corporate store...surprised they gave up so quickly...honestly they need to be in a mall or something.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:42 AM

401 posts, read 379,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
Thats interesting, that store in Easley was a corporate store...surprised they gave up so quickly...honestly they need to be in a mall or something.

My thought would be don't come into Chick-fil-A, Bojangles, and Popeye's territory with an inferior product.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:59 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge71 View Post
My thought would be don't come into Chick-fil-A, Bojangles, and Popeye's territory with an inferior product.
They're quite big in Texas, but they just didn't have the name brand recognition here that they do there. CFA, Zaxbys and Bojangles are all deep rooted here, that's tough to compete with.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
They're quite big in Texas, but they just didn't have the name brand recognition here that they do there. CFA, Zaxbys and Bojangles are all deep rooted here, that's tough to compete with.

Agreed expect Texans don't know a thing about good chicken. They need to stick to brisket, ribs, and red colored bbq sauce.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:52 AM

453 posts, read 646,874 times
Quote:
Golden Chick is better than Bojangles, though.

Old 07-18-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
Golden Chick is better than Bojangles, though.

Cajun Filet Biscuit >>>> Anything from Golden Chick

Old 07-18-2019, 12:23 PM

308 posts, read 270,064 times
Quote:
Agreed expect Texans don't know a thing about good chicken. They need to stick to brisket, ribs, and red colored bbq sauce.
Must have never had or heard of Church's Chicken, Layne's, or Chicken Express. Raising Cane's (Layne's knockoff) and Popeye's are also quite common in Texas even though they started in Louisiana. Not to mention Chik-Fil-A and Zaxby's are also commonly found in Texas, although I'm surprised because Zaxby's is inferior to Layne's and Raising Cane's.

Also, bbq sauce is a crutch for inferior bbq. flame away

Old 07-18-2019, 12:47 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
I always thought people might think "Golden Chick" was a Chinese restaurant...kinda like Golden Wok.

Speaking of chicken: It's good to know Popeye's is coming soon to Easley! They were rated #1 in chicken dining. I know the Greer store had to shut down for one day because they ran out of chicken! What does that tell ya?

And I heard Chic-Fil-A is moving to either the Belk shopping center or the old Kmart shopping center because they need a bigger place. They sure do! The parking is a nightmare with all the cars backed up to the road...

Old 07-18-2019, 03:03 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,016,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AginGreer View Post
Must have never had or heard of Church's Chicken, Layne's, or Chicken Express. Raising Cane's (Layne's knockoff) and Popeye's are also quite common in Texas even though they started in Louisiana. Not to mention Chik-Fil-A and Zaxby's are also commonly found in Texas, although I'm surprised because Zaxby's is inferior to Layne's and Raising Cane's.

Also, bbq sauce is a crutch for inferior bbq. flame away
I would love to try this Super Chix place in Texas. Looks good.
https://www.superchix.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area