Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2021, 08:11 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,358,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
This is true however this is the Texas one I want. First SC location opening soon in Fort Mill.

https://www.superchix.com/#LOCATIONS
I think the Super Chix has plans to add additional locations in the Charlotte region. Perhaps they will venture down to the Upstate.

Meanwhile I am still hoping for the Whataburger. Atlanta expansion is confirmed, and Charlotte is supposedly under consideration for franchising. Hopefully they will infill in the Upstate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2021, 09:15 PM

17,579 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Again lack of a strong brand identity in this region, despite an otherwise good product. Regional player Bojangles remains popular, national player Popeyes entered the market, and KFC remains well established. Just a hard time for Golden Chick to gain a footing.

I've said this before and I'll keep saying it.. Golden Chick tries to be too much.

bone-in chicken (Fried and roasted), chicken tenders.. Freaking catfish.

Pick your lane and stick to it.

Either they need to be a bone-in chicken place that competes with Bo's and KFC or they need to be a tender place competing with Zaxby's and the like.

They have no locations outside of TX, OK, KS and LA. With the vast majority in TX.

I think their food is far superior to Zaxby's.. But.. They just try to do too damn much. I shall miss their Yeast Rolls more than anything.

Old 10-01-2021, 06:25 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,816,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Well.. I will say that the QT on West Butler (by the new Cookout) is having some severe staffing issues.. And I wouldn't call them 'small'

twice in the past 2 weeks, the kitchen has been shutdown because of staffing.. The coolers are just barren.. I went in last week and they had Coke Zero in the coke cooler and that was it.

So.. There are legit staffing issues, and from what I understand, QT actually pays halfway decently. Full time there is closing in on $50k a year I think.
My daughter worked at the Harrison Bridge location for about two years. At the time, $10.50 an hour was good for a high school student. They have a challenging hiring process as well. She worked hard there. Mostly kitchen. The thing is that they give you no breaks during your shift. They are not real flexible if you need time off (maybe that location/manager). She got great reviews from her manager, but no raises. She did get a bonus a few times.

She got hired at Target at $15/hr. Much better working conditions.

I saw that Spinx is hiring FT at $12. QT is losing business because they are still only offering $10.50/hr to employees and they can find better paying jobs elsewhere.

Old 10-04-2021, 11:41 AM

208 posts, read 216,647 times
Husk has closed down again. This time for good. I was just there last week and while it was very good, I commented to a couple people since, that I didn't know how long the bbq concept would be around. 3-4 visits there, I never even had the bbq, actually.

Old 10-06-2021, 08:56 AM

192 posts, read 207,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I think the Super Chix has plans to add additional locations in the Charlotte region. Perhaps they will venture down to the Upstate.

Meanwhile I am still hoping for the Whataburger. Atlanta expansion is confirmed, and Charlotte is supposedly under consideration for franchising. Hopefully they will infill in the Upstate.
Super Chix:
I have talked to Super Chix before. It depends on if a franchisee comes along since they are franchise driven. They would like to, as a corporate, get most of everywhere but a franchisee needs to do it.

Whataburger:
Whataburger has a Greenville real estate firm on board as their real estate representatives in the Upstate. They have a location under consideration that would involve tearing down a building and opening at a prominent intersection off of Clemson Blvd/N Main.

I also heard they have 1 or 2 locations under consideration for Greenville but do not know what is exactly going on that end since I am in contact for Anderson.

In the Upstate case, they have not decided which way to go yet but they seem to be heavily leaning towards corporate owned stores. SC expansion will start in Upstate then go to Columbia and then elsewhere in the state. That is what I have been told anyways, some from Whataburger corporate and some by a person who is doing business with Whataburger in Atlanta..

Old 10-06-2021, 06:03 PM

Glad to hear they are working on Whataburger.

Old 10-21-2021, 12:52 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
Liberty Tap Room & Grill, right next to Fluor Field, will close their doors permanently tomorrow, Oct. 22 at 7 p.m. after their last happy hour service.

Old 10-21-2021, 12:58 PM

896 posts, read 1,140,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Liberty Tap Room & Grill, right next to Fluor Field, will close their doors permanently tomorrow, Oct. 22 at 7 p.m. after their last happy hour service.
This is a BIG surprise! WOW.

Old 10-21-2021, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Due to shut downs from the pandemic, limited hours, and difficulty hiring staff, unfortunately the restaurant industry continues to struggle. And supply chain issues are also causing problems and limiting menus.

Old 10-22-2021, 09:36 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,650,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2trvl View Post
This is a BIG surprise! WOW.
I heard about their plan to close the Greenville location at least a couple years ago from people that work there. There’s nothing ready special about the place anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area