Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2022, 06:30 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times

Advertisements

[quote=OliverML;62843291]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinggoat View Post
Taco La Barra on Woodruff Rd closed[/QU

Wow, sad to see them go. I ate there a few times and liked their house specialties especially the $2 tacos specials. Must be the area or something because a few restaurant before it in that location had come and go.

Also I notice that restaurants all around are not as busy as it use to be a few years back. Must be due to the cost of everything going up and folks cutting back on spending.
Yes wanted to try that place. They had great reviews. One issue may have been having so many competitors in that category just up the road like Tipsy Taco, La Parilla and Chuey's a little further up.

I don't think its that particular location because Arizona Steakhouse lasted a long while there as well as the buildings original occupant- Continental Cafe. Miss both of those restaurants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2022, 08:17 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,758,484 times
Does anyone know if Vaughn Russell Candy Kitchen on Augusta St. is closed? I sure hope not. I've been getting my wife's Valentine Day chocolates there for the last 25+ years. When I call the phone number it says the number has been changed but is unknown.

Last edited by furmanpals; 02-08-2022 at 08:27 AM..

Old 02-08-2022, 08:21 AM

896 posts, read 1,139,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
Does anyone know if Vaughn Russell Candy Kitchen on August St. is closed? I sure hope not. I've been getting my wife's Valentine Day chocolates there for the last 25+ years. When I call the phone number it says the number has been changed but is unknown.
If so, perhaps this is an alternative to still support local business:

LaRue Fine Chocolate

Old 02-08-2022, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2trvl View Post
If so, perhaps this is an alternative to still support local business:

LaRue Fine Chocolate
The Chocolate Shoppe across from Bob Jones on N. Pleasantburg another good option. When I worked DT they used to come around to office buildings selling cookies and candy.

Nothing regarding R-V on Augusta being closed when you google it.

Old 02-09-2022, 07:54 AM

128 posts, read 76,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
The Chocolate Shoppe across from Bob Jones on N. Pleasantburg another good option. When I worked DT they used to come around to office buildings selling cookies and candy.

I hugely recommend the Chocolate Shoppe to everybody. It's been there since 1979 and I can remember going there 25 years ago. Their cookies are so good.

Old 02-09-2022, 12:41 PM

All of the suggestions to replace Vaughn Russell are appreciated. Here is my dilemma. I need to find milk chocolate covered pecans. I have been getting a pound of these for my wife for the last 25 years. I take the chocolates out of their box and put them into the heart box that I bought 30 years ago. It’s become a Valentine’s Day tradition that my wife loves. I have already given her a heads up about things being different this year. I’ve been thinking about making my own, but no one has the buttery tasting milk chocolate like Vaughn Russell.

Old 02-09-2022, 03:54 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,877,474 times
Quote:
All of the suggestions to replace Vaughn Russell are appreciated. Here is my dilemma. I need to find milk chocolate covered pecans. I have been getting a pound of these for my wife for the last 25 years. I take the chocolates out of their box and put them into the heart box that I bought 30 years ago. It’s become a Valentine’s Day tradition that my wife loves. I have already given her a heads up about things being different this year. I’ve been thinking about making my own, but no one has the buttery tasting milk chocolate like Vaughn Russell.
Maybe drive over there. Everything Im seeing says they are open.

Old 02-09-2022, 04:46 PM

Yes appears that way. Google has hours 10am- 6pm. Closed on Sunday's and Monday's. I noticed someone posted in the reviews two months ago that the phone wasn't working.

Old 02-10-2022, 07:17 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Very romantic!

Old 02-14-2022, 05:56 AM

Quote:
I made my own chocolate covers pecans and put them in the heart shaped box. If I have to say so, the candies are wonderful. More importantly, my wife of 40 years loves them and the fact I did it all myself. A new Valentines Day tradition has begun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area