Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2021, 06:30 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,210,414 times

Advertisements

How many Sticky Fingers are still around? Was in The Charleston area recently and saw a bunch of them dark. Are they still alive? We always thought their fare fell short, especially in a foodie town like Charleston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2021, 12:20 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckee16 View Post
How many Sticky Fingers are still around? Was in The Charleston area recently and saw a bunch of them dark. Are they still alive? We always thought their fare fell short, especially in a foodie town like Charleston.
Downtown Greenville and Chattanooga according to their website.

Old 07-31-2021, 05:12 PM

127 posts, read 100,294 times
Subway near Magnolia Park has closed permanently. Signs were down when I went by earlier today.

Old 08-01-2021, 07:42 PM

825 posts, read 1,124,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saberclaw View Post
Subway near Magnolia Park has closed permanently. Signs were down when I went by earlier today.
Honestly not surprising. Impossible to get to from one direction and not connected to anything. I also think subway in general has over saturated the market to where they are essentially competing against themselves.

Old 08-01-2021, 10:08 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,441,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
For some reason, a lot of popular restaurants in that region of Woodruff Rd. have shut down in the last few years. In addition to Sticky Fingers, Jack in the Box, Bob Evans, Ruby Tuesday, Chili's, Applebee's, Bojangle's, and that original Perkin's. And that Hardee's doesn't seem to do much business anymore.
Saberclaw did a great job summing it up, but I also dont think competition can get anymore crowded outside off Woodruff Rd. It's chain city. Feels like every restaurant and big box store in existence has or had presence on Woodruff.

Applebees and Chilis are the same thing, hard to miss. Plus isnt there a Chilis on Haywood? And Fridays is still around and sells basically the same food as those 2. Ruby Tuesdays is a relic. Still have never tried Bob Evans. Mimis Cafe is an interesting one. Went once but can't tell you one thing they did to stand out from the rest of Woodruff.

Woodruff is such a revolving door that I feel like things closing down there just fly under the radar. Something else will come eventually. I feel like half of the original Magnolia Park spots are gone. Tucanos, Toby Keiths, Hu Hot, Bar Louie...

Old 08-02-2021, 08:41 AM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Saberclaw did a great job summing it up, but I also dont think competition can get anymore crowded outside off Woodruff Rd. It's chain city. Feels like every restaurant and big box store in existence has or had presence on Woodruff.

Applebees and Chilis are the same thing, hard to miss. Plus isnt there a Chilis on Haywood? And Fridays is still around and sells basically the same food as those 2. Ruby Tuesdays is a relic. Still have never tried Bob Evans. Mimis Cafe is an interesting one. Went once but can't tell you one thing they did to stand out from the rest of Woodruff.

Woodruff is such a revolving door that I feel like things closing down there just fly under the radar. Something else will come eventually. I feel like half of the original Magnolia Park spots are gone. Tucanos, Toby Keiths, Hu Hot, Bar Louie...

Half the original Magnolia Park never opened.

Old 08-02-2021, 08:57 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Toby Keith’s never even happened. Lol.

Old 08-02-2021, 09:26 AM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post

Yeah.. Wasn't HuHot or Tucano's not the original restaurant types that were scheduled for there anyway? I don't remember which, but i'm pretty sure there was another Mongolian Grill or Brazilian Steakhouse that was supposed to open, they pulled out and either HuHot or Tucano's moved in.

I think there's been 2 or 3 'bowling alley/entertainment centers' that were announced that never happened..

Toby Keith's is actually the LEAST surprising of all of them, because most of those closed down while the Greenville location was under construction.

Old 08-02-2021, 12:39 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,441,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I don't remember which, but i'm pretty sure there was another Mongolian Grill or Brazilian Steakhouse that was supposed to open, they pulled out and either HuHot or Tucano's moved in.
It was a long time ago but I'm pretty sure they were on the original map/lineup.

Old 08-02-2021, 06:17 PM

127 posts, read 100,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
A lot of them never happened. Many of the ones that did happen were gone within less than 5 years and were closed abruptly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Yeah.. Wasn't HuHot or Tucano's not the original restaurant types that were scheduled for there anyway? I don't remember which, but i'm pretty sure there was another Mongolian Grill or Brazilian Steakhouse that was supposed to open, they pulled out and either HuHot or Tucano's moved in.

I think there's been 2 or 3 'bowling alley/entertainment centers' that were announced that never happened..

Toby Keith's is actually the LEAST surprising of all of them, because most of those closed down while the Greenville location was under construction.
La Parrilla was going to happen back around 2010, but they ultimately took over the Bob Evans/Pinky's/Ni-Hao Buffet on Market Point/Woodruff. I know at the same time they announced Superplay USA, which I think was meant to take the vacant Wards building, and that never happened either. Cheddar's was the only thing that happened.

Costco is the only thing built from the original plan, IIRC. Everything else, including the relocation of Sports Authority never happened at all. I want to say Rooms to Go was from the second version of the plan. But nothing else really happened, and we got what was built from 2013-2015.

Compared to the fustercluck that Magnolia Park is, I'd have taken Greenville Mall in a heartbeat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area