Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2021, 10:37 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,360,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
It will be interesting to see what this original "built from the ground up" 7-11 will be like. The other locations around here were acquisitions from other chains. They have been experimenting with the drive thru in Texas including their Laredo Taco quick service restaurants.

https://www.restaurantbusinessonline...rst-drive-thru
I have been to some of these 7-11s since their return and I still prefer QT and Spinx, especially for food service. But not all Spinx locations include the full service kitchen with the famous fried chicken. Eventually they need to standardize and upgrade all their stores to more effectively compete with QT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2021, 10:51 AM

1,845 posts, read 2,764,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Is there anything going into the old Eckerd/Family Dollar at the corner of 276 and Butler in Mauldin?

they're doing work on the building, but.. There's still an 'Available" sign out front.. So, i'm assuming that they're just making the building a little more... Generic.. By removing some of the Eckerd/whatever drug store branding that was. As an attempt to get someone to lease it.
It will be the Maverick Station. The available sign probably is for some space not yet leased out.

Old 09-20-2021, 11:02 AM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
It will be the Maverick Station. The available sign probably is for some space not yet leased out.
Looks nice. Sully's Steamers!

Old 09-20-2021, 11:08 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,882,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I have been to some of these 7-11s since their return and I still prefer QT and Spinx, especially for food service. But not all Spinx locations include the full service kitchen with the famous fried chicken. Eventually they need to standardize and upgrade all their stores to more effectively compete with QT.
I agree. The main reason I went to 7/11 was they had the best prices on cigarettes, and since I quit smoking, I have no need to go there.

Old 09-20-2021, 11:12 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,882,381 times
Quote:
Meh, another expensive burger place and a Panera knockoff. We'll see. Might do very well in Mauldin.

Old 09-20-2021, 01:34 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:

Oh, THAT's it? Jeez.. I thought that was down the road. They're going to fit all that in that little space? ooooookay.

I thought Maverick Station was down around the old Family Video location

Old 09-20-2021, 04:43 PM

826 posts, read 1,126,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Spinx needs a nice full service store with the full kitchen to better compete with QT and possibly now 7-11.
I agree. I’ve heard they were planning to rebuild the station on Woodruff. Not sure if that is actually happening though. QT and now 711 have a leg up though with their locations having traffic light access.

Old 09-21-2021, 07:19 AM

9,504 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post
I agree. I’ve heard they were planning to rebuild the station on Woodruff. Not sure if that is actually happening though. QT and now 711 have a leg up though with their locations having traffic light access.
This 7/11 concept store would do well here. https://www.convenience.org/Media/Da...-FL_RealEstate

Spinx is rolling out self-checkout next year.

Old 09-22-2021, 10:30 AM

128 posts, read 100,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post
From the looks of the Spinx website, the station is closed permanently. I'm thinking they closed it and never intended to rebuild it. I could be wrong though.

Old 09-22-2021, 07:51 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,360,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saberclaw View Post
From the looks of the Spinx website, the station is closed permanently. I'm thinking they closed it and never intended to rebuild it. I could be wrong though.
That Spinx was mainly just a gas station with a limited retail store. No food service. They need a full service store with the kitchen to compete with QT on that Woodruff Rd. corridor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area